“Great property and Location”

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Ranked #18 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Montreal, Quebec
“Great property and Location”
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Just completed a three night stay at the Radisson Harbourfront. Rooms are recently renovated and nicely appointed. Hotel had a nice buffer breakfast, which at $16 was reasonable. The outdoor pool overlooking the lake will be nice on a hot summer day (the weather was not cooperating).

The location is great. Short walk to Union station, close to attractions (CN Tower, Aquarium, Rogers Stadium). The harbourfront is great, lots of activies just outside the hotel. Would highly recommend this hotel and will be coming back for sure in the future.

The only (minor) downsides were as follows: The housekeeping. The first day I came back from some business meetings at 1pm and continued to work from the hotel. The room had not been cleaned. As this was a little early, I wasn't totaly shocked. The second day, after my family arrived came back from a long day of activies at 3:45pm and my daughter wanted a nap. Room was still not cleaned. I found this to be a little late, but they did clean our room right away after we complained.

Lastly, the room was really well designed with a nice desk in the corner (Room 306). Except for the fact there was no outlet anywere near the desk area.

Overall, a great stay and a great location.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Dnayer
JenniferMOD, Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Thank you, Dnayer, for taking the time to review our hotel. We are thrilled you had such a wonderful stay.

We agree, our locations is one of the best in Toronto, close to transportation hubs and the city's most famous attractions such as the CN Tower. Its too bad you didn't get to enjoy our pool, it really is beautiful on a nice summer day. But I am delighted you enjoyed the breakfast buffet in our Watermark restaurant.

I'm sorry you had problems getting your room serviced during your stay. We will use your feedback to assess how we can make changes and stop this from happening in the future. Thank you for letting us know about the problem during your stay and allowing us the opportunity to make it right.

Again Dnayer, thank you for your outstanding review, and we look forward to welcoming you back when you are in Toronto next.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (224)
  • Czech first
  • Korean first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I am a seasoned road warrior and generally not a Radisson fan and I can't think of any other word to describe my stay at the Radisson Admiral other than AWESOME! Location, price, value, service, accommodations this has it all! The hotel is on the water and within walking distance of most downtown attractions which is key considering the mess that is Toronto traffic these days. The rooms are newly remodeled clean and FABULOUS! The service staff is attentive and very helpful. The value for the price is one of the best I have had anywhere. I just can not say enough about how perfect this hotel is when you are in downtown Toronto. I have stayed in hundreds of hotels and when you consider the total package of price location and accommodations this is easily in the top one or two percent.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
ManagerAdmiral, Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Thank you, nyctrainctr, for the AMAZING review of our hotel!

I’m thrilled that you decided to give Radisson a chance and stay with us during your recent trip to Toronto. We are extremely proud of our property and the recent transformation it has undergone. We have had such positive reactions to our renovation, and it really means something to us to hear such FABULOUS feedback from such a seasoned traveler. On top of that, we have such an amazing team who really embrace Radisson’s “Yes I Can” culture to wow our guests again and again. Our location really does give us the best of both worlds, the convenience of being downtown coupled with the beauty of Lake Ontario and Toronto’s harbourfront.

Thank you again, nyctrainctr, for taking the time to share your wonderful experience with the TripAdvisor community, and we look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto.
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I visit Toronto regularly for both business and pleasure and the Radisson Harbourfront really impressed me on my recent stay (1-5 June). I had a Business room, which has a nice layout and facilities. The bed was tremendously comfortable and the bathroom amenities were great in terms of quality and variety. All of the staff were very helpful and welcoming, especially the restaurant staff at the Watermark. After the first day of my stay they remembered what I liked and welcomed me every day with a smile. The construction outside the hotel is unfortunate but the main part of the Harbourfront is still pleasant to visit - I ran along the lake during my stay and it was fine. I've stayed at other hotels in the area before and I will be returning to the Radisson.

Room Tip: If you can get a lakeview room, you won't see the construction at all.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SavanaRadley, thank you for taking the time to write such a glowing review of our hotel.

I am delighted you found your Business Class room so comfortable, and our staff so warm and welcoming. Watermark really is a hidden gem: from our popular breakfast buffet, lunch on the Splash patio, and a superb dinner menu, not to mention our fantastic staff.

The waterfront is such a beautiful part of Toronto, which will be made that much better once the current revitalization project is finish. It is wonderful that you were able to enjoy the waterfront area while you were here.

Thank you again, SavanaRadley, and we look forward to welcoming you back to the Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront on your next visit to Toronto.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I will review this hotel based on three aspects, namely customer services, room and environment:

1) Customer Services
Similar to most Canadians, staff of the hotel (ranging from front desk agents and restaurant waiters) is very friendly and helpful. I am very happy with them.

2) Room and facilities
Although it is recently renovated, the room has no safe for valuable stuff. This is quite weird for a four-star hotel located in downtown of a major city in North America. I didn't feel safe in the hotel at all as it has no security feature to prevent non-residents/guests from going to any floor of the hotel, meaning that anyone can break into your room easily and steal your laptop, passport and so on.

Room is very small and the washroom is poorly designed. The washroom has no ventilating system and the shower curtain is above 10cm above the floor. This means that the washroom will be very foggy and the floor will become a swimming pool after a shower. The worst thing is you can see mosquitoes flying around in the washroom.

3) Environment
I chose this hotel mainly because of its location. I could easily access any attractions in downtown and I could enjoy the beautiful yet quiet environment. Unfortunately, there were massive constructions in Queens Quay, Lakeshore Blvd and Gardiner Express which made the area extremely noisy, dirty and accessible. It is very hard to drive back to the hotel as almost all roads are blocked. I also found myself like sleeping in a construction site because there were constructions not just in day time, but also overnight. I do believe it is the responsibility of the hotel to inform guests about the constructions while they are making the booking and it is up to the guests to determine if they still want to stay in the hotel. In my case, I was like in a blackbox until I reached the hotel.

Basically, I wouldn't pay CAD$220 a night to stay in a small hotel room located in a dusty and noisy construction site. I wish my review is useful to you.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
5 Thank NelsonKY
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
NelsonKY,

Thank you for taking the time to submit a review of our hotel. I will attempt to respond to each point as you have laid them out.

Customer Service

Thank you for this recognition. We work hard each and every day to provide exemplary "Yes I Can" service levels. Your acknowledgement of our people is very much appreciated.....thank you!

Room & Facilities

Safes are on the way and are in a good percentage of our guest rooms already! This is an ongoing project and we hope to have all rooms completed in the next few months.

NelsonKY, I would venture that many hotels in the world are accessible to any and all as they are, by essence, public places. New security features are always being reviewed, including key card operated elevators, etc. Rest assured that we have not had any reports of items being stolen from our guest rooms. Always know, as it stated in our guest directory, we are happy to store items of value for you at reception.....never an issue....we even store kayaks! (See review preceding yours)

The shower curtains are an issue that will be all but nullified by the end of this week. We did have some of our guest rooms require a different size glass panel for the showers. This has been ordered/shipped and will be installed imminently.....I am sorry for this disruption to your time with us.

Environment

Ah yes, the sights, sounds & headaches of a city in fully transition/revitalization mode for the 2015 Pan American Games. NelsonKY I am sorry for the disruptions that the road work did cause to you. Please note here is a notation on the first page of our site along with an alert (top right exclamation point....I know, it’s hard for me to find too) indicating the work and the diversions over the next few weeks. We have done all we can to ensure our guests are fully aware of our surroundings, however I do understand that, at times, these warnings/alerts can be missed.

With regards to the overnight construction we too are often taken by surprise and/or with very little warning. All projects around the city are facing a time crunch and will hopefully be well worth the wait/pain in the long run.

NelsonKY, I do appreciate your time and the candid feedback shared within your review. I am, again, sorry for the disruption caused to you and am hopeful you will look to give us another opportunity when all of the road work and our guest room finishing touches are said and done!

England
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Spent a long weekend here from the UK in in May and I must say what a great place to stay. First the reception staff are all superb from the minute we checked in to leaving. Nothing was too much trouble. We had a room which had recently been re-furbished and it was amazing. Brilliant view of the CN Tower which was right opposite our window and cleaned every day immaculately. . Lots of re-development in the area but it does not detract from the whole beauty of the place. Apart from the rowdy idiots who moved into the next room on the Saturday night of our stay it was perfect - but again when I rang reception, security came straight up to resolve it. (well it was 3am). We will be returning and will be staying nowhere else - Superb and my thanks to all the staff who made our stay a great experience. One lady in particular who helped us carry the cases out to the taxi and recommended places to eat. She was brilliant but unfortunately her name escapes us.
Highly recommended if you are visiting Toronto. Stay here and you will not be disappointed.

Room Tip: 5th floor rooms - all refurbished and superb views
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank geezer1England
geezer1England,

Thank you for taking the time to complete a review of our hotel and to share it with the Tripadvisor community.

Yes we have a great location and yes our rooms are new and offer pretty great views from all points, however I am most appreciative of the recognition of our most important attribute.....our people. Day in and day out they commit themselves to delivering peak “Yes I Can” service and I am continually proud of their consistently outstanding performance.....thank you for this geezer1England.

Your time and kind words are appreciated geezer1England. We will be sure to look out for your return the next time you are in the area!

Kingston, Canada
Reviewed 6 June 2014

Rooms are clean nice and bright décor. Bathroom clean. We added breakfast to our package (very reasonable price) it was well worth the money nice buffet with great staff. Hotel is also in a great downtown location close to a lot of attractions

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
mhelectric,

Thank you for taking the time to complete and share your review of our hotel.

We were delighted to learn that you enjoyed the facilities, people and time spent with us. We will look to welcome you again in the near future.

mhelectric thank you again for your time and for the kind words.

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 5 June 2014

This was my first time in Toronto. Everyone was so nice when I got there. The Great thing about
it was that while I was there, unfortunately I was sick. The Radisson Team was sooo Nice and Welcoming that they left a pack of Halls for my cough. If that isn't Great Customer Service, I don't know what is.... Love this Place!!!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank NatalieChamps
Greg H, Front Office Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this review, 6 June 2014
NatalieChamps,

Thank you for taking the time out to compose and share a review of our hotel.

I/we are appreciative of the accolades for our greatest asset......our people! We hope you are feeling better and trust that the Halls assisted with the cough.

Thank you again for your time Natalie.