“Great Place, Good Location”

Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront
Ranked #15 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I chose this hotel due to its location at the Harbour Front. I didn't realise how close this was to the CN Tower, literally a small hop skip and jump. Excellent location with plenty of places to eat locally surrounding the property.
Staff friendly and helpful.
The water-front is being renovated so was partially dug up. I was concerned about noise but had nothing to worry about.
Great nights sleep. Lovely appointed room, see photos.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 10 July 2014

This Radisson has recently been remodeled, so everything is new. The decor is very Florida-ish. Beds are comfortable, nice size bathrooms. The chair at the desk doesn't change height, so that's a pain. But it's not a luxury property, so don't compare to those hotels. Great location, and if you're on the bay side, great views. Very convenient to lots of restaurants and shops. As mentioned by others, the construction is there but really does not affect the visit. Food in the hotel is good. There's a gym and a spa within the building, but separate from the hotel. There's a Starbucks in the lobby. And convenient parking downstairs that connects directly to the hotel lobby (no valet parking).

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the bay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank SteveSto
Reviewed 8 July 2014

Due to the ongoing major roadworks in preparation for the PanAm games (2015?) we didn't get to see this hotel at its best. Both times we got taxis we were dropped off close to, rather than at, the hotel because access is so restricted. In fairness, the drivers did ask if that was Ok and I'm sure they would have made the effort if we'd insisted. The location is great - there was certainly lots going on at the harbourfront at the weekend, but it was a different story on a Monday night. The room was light and airy, but on arriving I found the decor a bit basic. Not all rooms have safes, which I would have thought should be a standard fitting, but I'm told Canadians are notoriously law-abiding! On the plus side, the staff were very helpful and friendly - we didn't ask for much but I felt that nothing would have been too much trouble - and my son loved the pool. We didn't get to use public transport so can't comment on getting around other than walking. Again, the roadworks made this less pleasant than it could have been, although you'll always be walking under flyovers which aren't pretty at the best of times.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2014

This hotel is in a great location in Toronto - right by the harbour - and includes an outdoor pool which is difficult to find in Toronto (understandably, given their winter weather!) but was great to have in the July heat. The rooms were clean and had been recently refurbished. The décor is pleasant and the beds were very comfortable. The pool was nice to sit around (although the pool itself was a bit scummy in the corners on busy days) and it gets the sun all day. The pool staff were very friendly and the food at the Watermark restaurant was tasty and not too expensive (relative to the rest of Toronto). A few glitches: It would have been good to have a few more hooks for towels around (up to 4 people can share the room, but there was only 1 hook in the room, on the back of the bathroom door) and there wouldn't have been enough space for the 3 adults in my room to unpack their clothes (luckily 2 of us prefer to live out of our cases). The fridge hummed at night and was free-standing (taking up space) rather than being in what looked like the custom-built cupboard under the TV (which must have been added in the recent refurbishment?).
I booked a room for 3 adults through Expedia, and requested 2 queen beds. I knew this request might not be fulfilled but assumed we would at least have a double bed and a roll-away, as the booking was for 3 adults. We checked in on a busy weekend (World Pride and a nearby festival were going on) and went up to our room to find just 1 king bed. We went straight back downstairs where the man on reception told us that the hotel never receives any special requests from Expedia and that they have this problem daily with Expedia – shouldn’t sorting this out be a priority then? He also said that the hotel allocates a number of rooms to Expedia sales, but does not specify how many guests can be in the rooms (which could be between 1 and 4). He said this was the reason for the rooms being at a cheaper rate on Expedia than booking through the hotel directly. I told him that, when I had booked, the hotel website had given me a slightly lower price in $CAD, but I was worried about the exchange rate my credit card would charge, so chose the clearer Expedia website which was already in GBP. All of these arguments are irrelevant though, as they knew on their system that there would be 3 adults staying, but we had not been allocated 3 sleeping spaces. We were told there were currently no available roll-away beds, but, as it was such a busy weekend a new lot of roll-away beds had been ordered and should be delivered that evening. The receptionist kindly (!) told us that Radisson would waive the extra bed charge for the roll-away. We asked if we could arrange to move to the first double bedded room that came available, but we were told it wouldn’t be possible to reserve a room and we would have to come to the desk very early the next morning. We argued that, surely they knew who would be checking out the next day and what type of room they were in, so they could allocate that room to us.
We then asked for the manager, Mr Rock, and, after a similar discussion with him, he promised that we would get a roll-away bed that night and that we would get a 2 bedded room the next day. This did happen. However, it felt like we had been done such a great favour by the staff when, in actual fact, all we got was the room we had booked. We weren’t offered any compensation such as a free breakfast or money off our next Radisson stay. How could I know that Expedia do not pass on requests to the hotel? Before the trip I had read a lot of reviews on Trip Advisor about how friendly the reception staff were, so I had been relieved to know that if we did have a problem there would be lovely staff there to help out – this wasn’t the case at check-in. However, at check-out the staff were friendly and efficient – they offered to book us a taxi to the airport and store our luggage for the day (the male receptionist from our check-in even saw us returning for our luggage and fetched it without us having to ask).
The majority of our stay was pleasant and I would stay at the Radisson Harbourfront Toronto again in summer, just for the pool and harbourfront location, but the hassle at check-in and clumsy way it was dealt with certainly left a sour taste. My advice would be to contact the hotel directly prior to your stay if you want a certain bed configuration.

Room Tip: If you have a special request for your room, make sure you inform the hotel directly
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank polkatrudius
Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed here on our first ever visit to Toronto. The front desk personnel were great, and went out of their way to accommodate us and answer questions about the city. The location was just a few minutes, walking, from the baseball stadium, the CN Tower and much more. Restaurants and groceries across the street too. We would recommend it to anyone who wants to be near the water instead of just on another city street.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
JenniferMOD, Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 14 July 2014

Thank you, Sandra A, for the wonderful review of our hotel.

We truly appreciate your glowing feedback on our front desk team. We really do have a pronominal group of people there who really embrace Radisson's Yes I Can philosophy. And as you said, our location provides our guests with convenient access to some of Toronto's best attractions with the charm of being on the harbourfront.

Sandra A, thank you again and we hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed 4 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Radisson and we were delighted by many features and not so by others.
Firstly, the location right by the Harbor is great. It will only be better when the construction is finally over. We walked to Union station easily & we were able to take the ferry to Toronto Island.
I was with my 4 & 6 year old while my husband had business to take care of so we made great use of the fabulous outdoor pool.

One huge con for us was the staff at the restaurant. Unfortunately we had many unprofessional situations with them because you enter the restaurant to get to the pool. Not the most ideal set up for toddlers going to the pool. We did have great service at the pool but much unpleasant service at the actual restaurant which we addressed twice to the hotel lobby staff.

Another con was house keeping came at 4:30pm and 6:30 pm on the days we stayed. Very bizarre times!
We didn't have any hooks to hang up our towels or bathing suits. Minor issues that perhaps will be looked at once gage renovations are complete.

The hotel rooms are gorgeous, clean and modern. The outdoor heated pool is well worth the trip!!

We will certainly return. Can't beat the price, location and the wonderful pool!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SadieFrost8
JenniferMOD, Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you, Sadie242, for your honest review of our hotel. I am please that, for the most part, you enjoyed your stay with us.

On behalf of all of us here at the Radisson Admiral, I would like to apologize for the less than perfect service you received at our restaurant. I assure you that whatever it was that you experienced, it is not the norm. Thank you for bringing up your dissatisfaction to us during your stay, and I sincerely hope that we were able to make it right for you.

I am also sorry that your room was serviced so late twice. Our housekeepers do work throughout the day, and if there is a time that is more convenient for you to have your room serviced you only have to let us know.

I am exceedingly pleased that you were able to enjoy our beautifully renovated rooms and our fabulous outdoor pool. And I am thrilled that you will come back and give us a second chance. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next trip to Toronto.

Reviewed 3 July 2014

Stayed here for Valentine's Day and had a wonderful corner room. Loved how comfortable the room was and the views were fantastic - albeit probably much better in the summer. The area is going through construction but don't let that deter you... it's a great hotel.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
JenniferMOD, Manager at Radisson Admiral Toronto Harbourfront, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Thank you, Toronto1874, for the fabulous review of our hotel.

We are so please you picked us for your Valentine’s Day celebrations. The harbourfront has is charms in all season, and we would love for you to come back for a summertime stay-cation.

Again Toronto1874, thank you for sharing your wonderful experience at our hotel with the world.