“A perfect getaway piece of heaven!”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 16 June 2011

I loved this hotel - every moment of it after an initial bump. They put me in a room that had a leak and I found out they knew it had a leak and this had not been communicated to front desk. I called the manager and said it was not what I expected of their hotel and they could not have helped me more - I got upgraded to an amazing suite and also free breakfasts and papers both mornings of my stay. They moved all my things for me too. My new room overlooked the islands - the best view so pretty and relaxing. My breakfasts were unbelievably good! I slept like a baby. I loved walking along the front of the water and looking out at the view from the room and the room service was delish. The only negative was the price of the massage - fabulous massage but more costly than I ever experienced. I didnt want to leave my relaxing room sometimes. I got a special offer which is why I could afford it. They should put on as many special offers as they can so people on a tighter budget like me can stay and enjoy.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
RKhote, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

It warms my heart when our guests enjoy their stay - as you did, and all the amenities that we offer. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback!

I am thrilled to hear that we were able to turn the initial ‘bump’ around and it did not affect the remainder of your stay with us. Christopher is amazing - and I have shared your feedback with him as well as all the staff who helped to make your stay perfect. You left us feeling relaxed and refreshed, and that is extremely important to us.

We look forward in welcoming you back to our hotel and the waterfront area on your return visit to Toronto.

Warmly,

Reviewed 16 June 2011

The Harbour Castle is about as large and anonymous a hotel as any in North America. The rooms are Westin standard. It's an enormous high-rise complex serving conventioners and business travelers. But despite all of this, the staff are top notch. I had friendly encounters at check-in, with bellmen, housekeeping and with the concierge. But the highlight of the visit was superstar Christopher in the health club. I'd lost my bathing suit. No problem. Christopher had a few stashed away, long forgotten. I found one that fit, showered, and had the swim of my life, a sauna, whirlpool and a lay-down on the sun-deck. I was refreshed and pleased as punch to encounter such happy-to-go-the extra-distance staff. Kudos.

Room Tip: Beware the elevator & ask for a view
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Thad_McIlroy
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The best thing about the room was the view of the harbor. The room was clean but could use some updates and the bathroom was very small. The concierage was not helpful with dinner recommendations. One morning there was no front desk staff and no concierage visible in the lobby. The only person available was the luggage attendant who recommended we go to Starbucks. There is also an unsightly hot dog stand in front of the hotel. There is no free internet. The valet parking is an outrageous amount of money. We recommend using the Green P garage on Church Street which is a couple of blocks from the hotel.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to share the details surrounding your recent experience with us, and know that we take your feedback very seriously and I have shared it with the team.

Please accept my apologies for the level of service you received during your stay. Would you mind connecting with me directly so that we may further discuss the details you shared?

Once again, thank you for your feedback.

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Stayed at the Westin Harbour for only one night during an event I was attending in Toronto. The hotel is a very easy walk from Union Station and was very nice inside and out. The lakeview room I had was a very spacious double bed room which had a very nice partial view of Toronto Island and you could watch the planes land at the island airport. The room itself was very clean and the washroom and shower were adequate. Had an awesome sleep and would love to know where they get their pillows from! They were soooooo comfy. Would definitely consider staying there again when I'm back in town.

Room Tip: Get a lakeview room on one of the higher floors
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 June 2011

My boyfriend and I stay here for our anniversary the weekend of June 10th.
We booked through Priceline...... which makes me believe that our experience was because we were not paying full price to stay at the hotel.
We often use hotwire/priceline to book hotels as we are both students - yet we have never experienced inferior service.

We attended the Blue Jays game Friday night and went to check in to the hotel around 10:30 PM.
When we went up to our room, we saw that there were dirty towels lying everywhere around the bathroom floor. There was also a room key on the TV unit in the bedroom. However, the bed was completely made...and there was no luggage in the room.
Thus, this leads me to believe that either A) our room was not completely cleaned.... or B) someone had been occupying the room.
We called the front desk and we were immediately "upgraded" to another room. We went to our new room. It was clean; however, the only upgrade was the view (it overlooked the water instead of the street). It was the same small room. I was utterly shocked. This is how they were going to make it up to us after what just happened?
My boyfriend called to complain and the manager told us that we already got an upgrade .She also explained that no one was staying in the room... they probably just forgot to clean it (UHH...THE BED WAS FULLY MADE with the "green" sign on it...and the rest of the room was ok). Also, being 10PM and the fact that we were just using the room to sleep as we had baseball games and shows planned, the view was not much of a compensation for their terrible mistake.
In order to make us happy they did give us free buffet breakfast and the vouchers would be sent up... after 45 mins (nearly midnight), the vouchers were no where. We actually had to call back and ask if we were getting the vouchers or if we just go down to breakfast in the morning and get them there. 20 mins later, they were shoved under our door.
It was like they did not want to deal with us and just wanted us to get off their backs.

I do wish the staff had been more understanding of what had happened - I was truly worried about leaving my stuff in my room as their story of why our original was in its state did not entirely make sense.
Accordingly, our experience at this hotel was rather unpleasing - at least Toronto did not disappoint.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
RKhote, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2011

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Happy belated anniversary! I do apologise that your special weekend escape was memorable for all the wrong reasons.

We strive to make all of our guests feel better than when they arrived, regardless of how they booked their stay at our hotel. I read the details you shared and I am troubled that it went as it did. I would like to look into this further, and when time permits in your schedule, would you mind connecting with me directly so that we may further discuss this?

Reviewed 13 June 2011

Spent 2 nights at the hotel for a conference. As an SPG Platinum member was upgraded to a huge suite. Spotlessly clean and comfortable but shutters on windows do somewhat obstruct the great view. Conference facilities are first-rate and food service during conference drew very positive reviews. Serving a plated meal to hundreds of people at the same, including a soup course, and delivering it piping hot is no small accomplishment. Staff were helpful, positive and energetic. Overall, an excellent experience. Only downer: at a hotel of this type, there should not be a change for internet use in the room.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for taking the time to let us know that you enjoyed your experience with us. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to our associates. Our culinary team takes great pride in their work whether preparing a meal for one person or 1,000 and I know your compliments will be well received in our kitchen.

If business or pleasure brings you back to the waterfront area, we welcome the opportunity to once again have you as our guest.

Reviewed 12 June 2011

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle over the last weekend in May due to business in Toronto. Initially, we booked a standard room with two double beds. The room was clean and of a size to be expected. During the first night we had to call security twice due to party noise leaking through the double doors to the adjoining room.
In the morning, my wife discovered a note written by the occupants telling us, in no uncertain terms, how they felt about us. My wife promptly brought the note to the attention of the front desk. She was assured they were leaving that day. I decided to confirm this later in the morning and was told otherwise. A manager was brought out to speak with me and we were offered an upgrade to a suite.
The suite offered was the Harbour Suite. It occupied the entire Southern exposure on the penthouse floor and it was huge. I have never before been in a suite was large as this. The odd thing was that the suite appeared as it certainly must have appeared when the hotel was built in 1975.
I have never before had to call security due to noise in an adjoining room. Management went out of their way to ensure this issue did not dampen our weekend and I thank them for that.
One foot note. Valet parking is certainly the way to go, but beware, Sunday checkout is pure ciaos.
We will certainly return.

Room Tip: Voice any concerns.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled on business

Dear Trip Advisor Member,

Thank you for letting us know that you were being disturbed during your stay. This not only made us aware of the situation, but allowed us to ensure that your experience was reflective of the true Westin Harbour Castle experience. Once again, please accept our apologies for the treatment you received from your neighbours. That kind of behaviour is definitely not something we endorse.

Your compliments to our associates are greatly appreciated and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay in the Harbour Suite.

We would love to welcome you back to your home away from home when business brings you back to the waterfront area.

Warmly,