“Enjoyed our stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Mississaga
“Enjoyed our stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Recently stayed here the night before a race on Centre Island. Found it to be very comfortable and cozy. We experienced great service and accomadations. Everyone slept well. The pool was great and a decent size. We got a good deal on the rooms but I think this hotel is usually a little pricy. It was good for the price we payed but I don't know if I would pay anymore. We had a smooth check-in and check-out. We had a great view of the CN tower from our room. Would stay here again. Have a great stay!

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with friends
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
RKhote, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 30 April 2012
Dear Madelina11,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us before your big race on Centre Island.
I am glad that you enjoyed our location and facilities. That's great that you found a great deal. We do have online promotions pretty much all year long, so keep checking!
We are looking forward to welcoming you back!
Thanks for your great review,

Regards,
Rekha Khote

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,042)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sault Ste. Marie, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We had a great weekend with our 2 year old toddler. The rooms are spacious and bathrooms very clean.
Staff is friendly. The breakfast in Mezzine was great. And they have highchairs.
There is a small supermarket accross which is very convenient.
Only drawback, we had a view on constructions...

• Stayed April 2012
Detroit, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We booked this hotel on Hotwire bidding on a unknown 4* Toronto downtown hotel. We basically saved $100 on the price. We basilly got a simple airline room with a partial water view and a bunch of air conditionners in front of our window. So the deal was not really a deal but we stayed at a Westin. I think we paid the right price for the room.

The furniture is a bit aging in the room and in the bathroom but everything is clean. The bed the bed sheets were the best quality that I had since a while in a hotel ! We have no complaint at all about the bed. My wife wants to have the same quality of bed at home ! So at least they are compensating some where for the age of the hotel.

The pool is a great place for kids to be. A lot of toys around the pool. My dauther at 8AM on Sunday wanted to go to swim !

The lounge downstairs serves the typical Westin food and drinks. Good service on a Saturday night.

The parking is VERY expensive: Vallet is $40 and self is $30 for 10 min walk distance ! You have to park your car somewhere in a street parking lot. BUT there is a solution just a couple of yards. When you exist the lobby there is an old Boat restaurant on the right side. Behind this restaurant you can get a parking (in-out) for $25 until Monday 8AM !! Very good deal because all parking in the area is expensive and no in/out !

A lot of small food shops around the hotel on the street. But they are all closed at 7:30AM on Sunday. So I had to buy a muffin/caffee/fruit for $15 at the hotel. I recommand this place to other tourists.

Room Tip: Get a parking outside of the hotel !
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dawson Creek, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I chose the "Green" option, where you decline daily maid service. The room was comfortable, and quiet. The gym/pool was well equipped and accessible. The Express coach was convenient transportation to and from the airport.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
RKhote, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 29 May 2012
Dear guest,

The whole team is pleased to know that we exceeded your expectations and that you took advantage of our 'Make a Green Choice' program which has been a great success since its launch. We hope to welcome you back soon.

Westin Harbour Castle
Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Having gone the Priceline route, i was surprised to get such an up scale hotel on a meagre $80. Reception was very pleasant and accommodating. i had figured we would get the first floor staring at the dumpster since we had gone priceline; to my surprised Eugene (reception) had asked which floor and to which direction i wanted the room to face. The bed and pillows were probably the comfiest i've slept on and the rooms were very silent. Just a wonderful experience. I will be staying again with the Westin Harbour Castle for a wedding and i loko forward to my stay

Room Tip: Just Ask. Reception was very open to accomodating to me for what floor i wanted and which direction...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear yosh29,

Thank you for this great review.
I am glad you got such a good deal online and happy that you were so pleased with the room you stayed in.
We are looking forward to having you back soon for the wedding. Please don't hesitate to let us know if you need anything on your future stay.

Stay well,
Brampton, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

We got a room at the Westin Harbour Castle through Priceline negotiator for my husband's birthday. We were going to the TFC game so we arrived very early for check-in. We had called the day before and asked if we could just drop off our bags and check-in after the game. When we arrived we went to luggage, but were pleasantly surprised when we were told our room was ready for us.

We requested a change from a 2 bed suite to 1 king bed and they did it quickly and without question. We went upstairs in the (super fast) elevator. Our room was very well cleaned and had nice decor. There was a full sized couch with coffee table, a desk with a nice chair, a flat screen TV and our bed. There was also a coffee maker with starbucks coffee, and nice toiletries in the bathroom. We had a bit of trouble finding the ice machine as it is not well-marked.

The trouble with the room came at night when we were trying to sleep. The bed was the most uncomfortable bed I have ever had at a hotel (including trips to Cuba and Mexico). It was very hard, it felt like an old crappy mattress. The comforter was also not very warm. In addition, the alarm clock is so bright it lights up the entire room. Both of the phones had flashing red lights, and another detector in the ceiling had a flashing light. I ended up getting up in the middle of the night and putting pieces of paper over everything so I could sleep.

Check out was quick. I wish we had a bit more time there so we could have checked out the pool and other facilities, they looked very nice but we didn't get to use them. Overall it was a nice hotel, but I would not choose to stay here again unless they upgrade the beds!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear bsimpson1886,

I am very surprised to read your review as it is one of the first time one of our guests complains about the bed.
As you know, Westin is famous for its Heavenly beds which usually delight everybody. I am sorry to hear that you didn't have a comfortable and relaxing sleep.
I would like to connect with you directly at your convenience to discuss that issue further. Could you please send me a private message with your contact information?
I am looking forward to connecting with you.

Anaheim, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 April 2012

I am a Gold SPG member. I normally book my hotels directly through the hotel's website or will call them directly to get a price match. I was supposed to stay at The Toronto Holiday Inn Express for $95/night. However, I wanted to try and get a nicer hotel. I noted the Westin Harbour Castle for $150/night and tried to get Starwood reservation to give me a better rate with whatever promotion codes they had available. I could get nothing near the rate I ended up getting via Priceline ($83/night). By the way, thank you Ebates for giving me the extra 2% rebate for Priceline, I was planning on using this site regardless. I checked a las minute hotel site on my second night stay just to see if the deal was better than what I got on Priceline. It was $229 per night. Much higher!

The hotel was nice. They greeted us with hot pomegranate cider and granola bars...delicious! The only problem I had was nasty employee at the front desk who gave me a hard time getting my free internet SPG Gold benefit. I had called prior to making the Priceline reservation to inquire if the benefit was available to Priceline reservations. The front desk representative at the Westin Harbour Castle said yes. However, upon checking in at the SPG line at the hotel the girl gave me a hassle and had to get a manager to intervene.

I have never seen a gym and pool facility at a hotel so nice! Huge, deep pool, nice HOT, spa, steam room, sauna and large workout room!

The only negative was I notice in the room some of paint on the ceiling chipped away. All in All a nice hotel. And yes..management you should provide SPG elite members their benefits regardless of where they purchased the reservation. You wouldn't refuse those privileges on an award stay would you? Is it worth pissing off a loyal customer??? I know this is not Starwood's culture...they like to please the customer. Does your SPG check in agent need more training??

Room Tip: This is a 4 star hotel on Priceline and you need to bid in the $80's to get. The food in the ho...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank jdealman
RKhote, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 23 April 2012
Dear jdealman,

Thank you for your great review and thank you for your loyalty to our brand.
I am glad that you got such a good deal online and that you truly enjoyed our facilities.
However, I sincerely apologize for the disappointed interaction you had with our front desk associate and I will make sure to follow-up with the team to ensure that kind of issues doesn't happen again.

We hope to welcome you back soon for a flawless experience. Please don't hesitate to email me before your next stay so that I can make sure we exceed your expectations.
Stay well,