“great location”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ontario
“great location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

What a great hotel! We felt like we were rich! The entrance is beautiful. There was a woman playing a grand piano in the lounge. Very pretty. When I booked, I requested a room with a view of the CN tower. When I checked in, the lovely woman asked me if I wanted a harbour view. I asked for a CN tower view. Funny she said that people fight for a harbour view but okay - I thought she understood what I wanted. We went to our room - it was beautiful! Except, no CN tower view. Disappointing. I understand, maybe there is no such room - I just thought I would have been told that. And if there had been a view - if it cost more money - it would have been nice to know that too - maybe I would have paid it. Anyways, we enjoyed the room & I still would recommend this hotel highly. The city is beautiful at night.
We went to eat upstairs (38th floor) at a very elegant hotel. We were given a harbour view..sigh...but on our departure we stood at an empty table and took pictures of the CN tower. Endorned with purple lights, it is a beautiful site. I really enjoyed that view. The food here, spaghetti and a risotto. It was delicious (and filling!). We saw the dessert at our neighbours table - lava cake, one scoop of ice cream, and a couple of strawberries with carmel drissled over the plate - presentation 10/10. Not sure how much it cost. We ate for $40 and walked out full so I figured take out somewhere else = going out & time OR delivery = cost + delivery + tip. We figured was just as expensive and we were right there. Ahh, so nice. Our experience at the restaurant was great - great service! Our room was very nice. A ledge by the window allowed my daughter to sit and do homework while enjoying our view.
No complaints. Plug in internet cut in and out more than I expected. Required patience - that we had. The one thing we really enjoyed was the baggage check. We were going to walk around the city and had no place for our luggage. We checked our bags and they told us we could pick them up at any time. What a great service. We walked around all day & came back later to pick them up. So helpful!

Room Tip: Our room was nice. Half harbour view, half city & highway view. No noise. Across from elevato...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellinGals
Eric A, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear TravellinGals,
I appreciate your great review, thank you for sharing it!
First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the mix up you experienced and have to say that I am delighted that you still enjoyed your stay with us. I will congratulate our associates on your behalf for the great service they provided you and your family with.

I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next stay so that I can make sure a nice room facing the CN tower is ready to welcome you all and that you are all taken extra care of.

I look forward to your next stay, thanks again for your comments,
Warm regards,
Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle for a conference and it was exactly what you would expect from a Starwood Hotel. Although the rooms are nicely appointed, many with great views of the CN tower or waterfront, it is the proximity to the Westin Conference Centre that makes this hotel ideal. The only downside to this hotel is where it is in proximity to restaurants/nightlife. Most things are a cab ride away (particularly during fall/winter) and the single restaurant at the hotel is outrageously expensive ($150 for breakfast (buffet) for four people).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you dear kelcampbell for sharing your review.

I’m pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel was exactly what you expected and we hope to see you again soon.
Stay well,
Liverpool, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle in June 2006. The hotel room was beautifully clean and spacious with 2 double beds, a fantastic bathroom and a wonderful view across Lake Ontario. The hotel's spa facilities were also excellent and open from early in the morning, which suited me greatly as I adjusted from the time difference! The only downside to this hotel for me was that the deal was room only, and breakfast at the hotel restaurant was expensive - so I walked five minutes down the road to the local supermarket and bought a croissant each morning for 1 canadian dollar! Much cheaper, and gave me some fresh air and a bit of exercise in the morning!

• Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
Dear JC 1527,
thank for you sharing your review, we really appreciate yothe nice words.
First of all, we would like to say that The Westin Harbour Castle has high standards, just like our guests, to ensure your stay will be a memorable one and I’m happy that you were able to take advantage of the spa services offered, and the different restaurants and markets which make our location so convenient.

Sudbury, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2012

This hotel has been a landmark in Toronto for a long time. As most other reviews say, the staff is great, hotel is clean, etc.

I disagree with some reviewers that the hotel is 'away from attractions' - it's a big city, most things are a taxi ride away, no matter where you're staying.

Our room was fine, bathroom showing it's age a bit. I this were my home, I'd have have had the bits of trim and grout sorted before it got to the current condition. This was a standard room, no special requests and with the CAA discount so I'm not totally surprised.

The Westin branded bed was amazing (we actually checked the mattress - Westin by Sealy). Best sleep we've had in months. View of the Toronto Islands from the upper floor was pleasant.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for sharing your detailed review, DH-ontario and for being a loyal guest through all these years.
We appreciate your kind recognition of our unique location and are pleased that you enjoyed the nice views from your room. I’m delighted to hear that Westin’s Heavenly Bed gave you a restful nights sleep.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012 via mobile

Everyone working there is kind and helpful. The location is good for downtown and a short taxi ride to the business district. Room service is very efficient. The rooms are lovely and large. Mine overlooked the lake. A stunning view.

• Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Rbl525
Dear Rbl525, thank you for sharing your experience with us.

What else can I add?
I’m just delighted to hear your stay with us was gratifying due to our friendly associates, convenient location and beautiful views The Westin Harbour Castle has to offer.

The team is looking forward to welcoming you back soon again,
Stay well,
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2012

This 30 story hotel has very helpful staff, from the front desk to the maintenance staff. Great and very clean gym and indoor pool. So many brand new treadmill and elliptical machines it put my gym at home to shame.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you Zanzie for posting your kind review.

It is a pleasure to know that you truly enjoyed your stay with us, and took advantage of our amenities as well as experienced our great customer service delivered by The Westin Harbour Castle team.
I will pass along my compliments to the team in our Westin Workout for taking such good care of the area and keeping it so well updated.

Hope to welcome you back soon
Best regards,
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 October 2012

On a recent trip visiting family in Canada, we spent two nights at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel. We had a great view of Lake Ontario and tthe CN Tower from our room, even if this was obscured by fog on the first night! The facilities in the room were excellent, as was the swimming pool. Although the hotel is situated several blocks from the downtown area, the nearby lakeside and harbour area admirably compensates for this. The only downside was noise at night from adjacent rooms.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you Roger F for taking the time to share your review.
I am pleased to hear that you were able to experience the different amenities our hotel has to offer and to know that you took advantage of the lively harbourfront area and lakeside views.

We hope to see you soon - winter is also a busy season on the waterfront with ice skating rinks, winter festivals...
Warm wishes