“Mirvish Hotel/Theatre Package”

Ranked #32 of 134 Hotels in Toronto
Owen Sound, Canada
“Mirvish Hotel/Theatre Package”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The hotel was very clean with friendly staff. The Toula Italian Restaurant on the 38th floor offered a panoramic view of the city including the CN Tower at sunset and the food & service were excellent. We had the theatre package which was well worth the cost.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Getaways777
Eric A, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
Dear Getaways777.

Wow, what else can I add? Nothing but a big thank you for sharing this great review!
I’m pleased to hear your stay at our hotel was excellent and look forward to welcoming you back soon

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,086)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed here for a few nights for a conference. The hotel is well located downtown, close to many things. The room was very comfortable and the furniture was new. I had a beautiful view of the Toronto Islands. The conference facilities were exceptional. It was one of the better organized conferences I've been to. Would absolutely stay there again.

1 Thank kmsultan
Appreciate your review kmsultan.

I’m happy to know you had a pleasant stay while attending a conference at The Westin Harbour Castle. Thank you for complimenting our facilities and services as our hard working associates are the reason why everything is possible.
New York City, New York

Huge fan of this hotel.

I stayed 1 night, traveling for business. The hotel had all the amenities one could ask for, and the usual comfortable beds Westin is known for.

The views are outstanding, make sure you get a harbor facing room.

If you're traveling for fun, please note that it is not downtown but close enough to get places quickly.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank veronicahalbeck
Dear veronicahalbeck,
Thank you for sharing your kind review,

We are delighted to hear you had a great stay at The Westin Harbour Castle. I’m happy to know that you were able to experience the lake view room looking out to the Toronto Islands.
Hope to see you soon!

Marina di Castagneto Carducci, Italy
Reviewed 24 October 2012

very nice location, very central and great view of the water.....Toula Restaurant somewaht mediocre but again grea view....the hotel is old and its shows, its dark and lacks energy. The rooms are not at all odern, need maintenace and cleaning , particuloarly the air vents are full of dust and particles...looks like they have not been cleaned for ages.
Suggest an ovrview and some renovation....staff at teh front very kind and efficient.

Dear FabioGuarducci ,
First of all, let me thank you for sharing your thoughts on your stay and our hotel.

I am glad that you enjoyed our location and the great views from your room and would like to assure you that I took your comments about the hotel’s condition very seriously. I will discuss your feedback in great detail at our next meeting. In the meantime, I would really like to speak with me more in detail. Please feel free to connect with me at your convenience at experienceteam@westin.com

Warwick, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2012

Now that the King Eddy has seen fit to leave the Starwood stable, I was forced to look elsewhere for my Toronto stays. I tried the Sheraton in August and am still recovering from that experience; surely there was a decent place in town? I tried the Westin next and believe I have found my home away from home.

I originally looked around the Westin in August (during my Sheraton stay) and, while waiting for a hotel associate to show me around, noticed how differently the check-in lines were dealt with here compared with the Sheraton. At the Sheraton, only two check-in desks seemed to be manned at any one time (even at busy times), One of those desks/lines was dedicated to SPG Gold/Plats - a nice touch in itself but pointless if this line was the same length as the other one!

At the Westin, I saw that a hotel associate mingled with people in the lines and, I assume, filtered and directed folk to appropriate desks (eg. Golds/Plats, dedicated conference desk). Simply by doing this and perhaps chatting with folk about their plans etc,, you feel valued and much valuable time is saved during the check-in process when you arrive at the desk (why ask detailed questions at the desk when there are people behind you)?

So far, so good. I looked around and agreed to stay here for my next Toronto trip (16-21 Oct). My room, a junior suite, was modern with a killer view of the Lake - everything worked as it should (not always the case in hotels). I read that some folk complain about the hotel being remote compared to the downtown area. I never found this - the main core is 10 minutes walk away or there are TTC options (street car, bus) very close to the hotel in addition to cabs.

The gym area includes a pool as well as a sauna and steam room - only managed to use this once during my stay due to my schedule but I'll take full advantage on my next trip. Lastly, for airport transfers, the hotel is the first stop on the Airport Express route.

I reserve special praise for Jeniffer Moon who certainly went the extra mile before and during the stay and had arranged for a welcome gift in my room. Thanks Jen!

Room Tip: Try to get a lake view if you can
2 Thank Dr_RKB
Thank you Dr_RKB for sharing your fantastic review.

The feeling we want our guests to experience at The Westin Harbour Castle is exactly as you described: important. Our main goal is to achieve guest satisfaction in whichever way possible, and all the associates within the hotel take great pride in delivering exceptional service for our guests. I am really proud to read your review and would like to personally thank you for taking the time to share such a great review.

I will recognize Jennifer Moon as well on your behalf.
The team is looking forward to your next stay with us
Best wishes,
Ontario
Reviewed 22 October 2012

What a great hotel! We felt like we were rich! The entrance is beautiful. There was a woman playing a grand piano in the lounge. Very pretty. When I booked, I requested a room with a view of the CN tower. When I checked in, the lovely woman asked me if I wanted a harbour view. I asked for a CN tower view. Funny she said that people fight for a harbour view but okay - I thought she understood what I wanted. We went to our room - it was beautiful! Except, no CN tower view. Disappointing. I understand, maybe there is no such room - I just thought I would have been told that. And if there had been a view - if it cost more money - it would have been nice to know that too - maybe I would have paid it. Anyways, we enjoyed the room & I still would recommend this hotel highly. The city is beautiful at night.
We went to eat upstairs (38th floor) at a very elegant hotel. We were given a harbour view..sigh...but on our departure we stood at an empty table and took pictures of the CN tower. Endorned with purple lights, it is a beautiful site. I really enjoyed that view. The food here, spaghetti and a risotto. It was delicious (and filling!). We saw the dessert at our neighbours table - lava cake, one scoop of ice cream, and a couple of strawberries with carmel drissled over the plate - presentation 10/10. Not sure how much it cost. We ate for $40 and walked out full so I figured take out somewhere else = going out & time OR delivery = cost + delivery + tip. We figured was just as expensive and we were right there. Ahh, so nice. Our experience at the restaurant was great - great service! Our room was very nice. A ledge by the window allowed my daughter to sit and do homework while enjoying our view.
No complaints. Plug in internet cut in and out more than I expected. Required patience - that we had. The one thing we really enjoyed was the baggage check. We were going to walk around the city and had no place for our luggage. We checked our bags and they told us we could pick them up at any time. What a great service. We walked around all day & came back later to pick them up. So helpful!

Room Tip: Our room was nice. Half harbour view, half city & highway view. No noise. Across from elevato...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank TravellinGals
Dear TravellinGals,
I appreciate your great review, thank you for sharing it!
First of all, I would like to sincerely apologize for the mix up you experienced and have to say that I am delighted that you still enjoyed your stay with us. I will congratulate our associates on your behalf for the great service they provided you and your family with.

I would really appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next stay so that I can make sure a nice room facing the CN tower is ready to welcome you all and that you are all taken extra care of.

I look forward to your next stay, thanks again for your comments,
Warm regards,
Ottawa
Reviewed 22 October 2012

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle for a conference and it was exactly what you would expect from a Starwood Hotel. Although the rooms are nicely appointed, many with great views of the CN tower or waterfront, it is the proximity to the Westin Conference Centre that makes this hotel ideal. The only downside to this hotel is where it is in proximity to restaurants/nightlife. Most things are a cab ride away (particularly during fall/winter) and the single restaurant at the hotel is outrageously expensive ($150 for breakfast (buffet) for four people).

• Stayed October 2012, travelled on business
Thank you dear kelcampbell for sharing your review.

I’m pleased to hear that your stay at our hotel was exactly what you expected and we hope to see you again soon.
Stay well,