“Awesome!”

Ranked #29 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Awesome!”
Reviewed 6 December 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Westin Harbor Castle recently and we were treated extremely well. Bin Sadoon the Director of the Front Office looked after us so well. As an SPG Platinum member, I stay in many different Starwood properties around the world. The Westin Harbor Castle ranks up there with the best. The hotel is conveniently located in downtown Toronto right on the water. We were upgraded to a beautiful room that was very well appointed and had a beautiful view of the harbour and the island airport. It was very clean and everything was in good order. This hotel was hopping. Lots of things to do near by and right in the hotel itself there were quite a few choice for meals and places to enjoy. The service at this hotel is top notch, from the valet gentleman that greeted us when we arrived, to the front end check-in counter staff, to the lobby personal and restaurant staff they all had smiles on their faces and looked like they truly enjoyed working there. That is a rare thing these days. If you are looking for a great hotel with reasonable rates and a friendly and warm staff the Westin Harbor Castle is the place for you. I would gladly return the next time I am in downtown Toronto. Thank you to Bin and his staff for a great stay!

Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
EdwinFrizzell, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this review, 28 December 2012
WOW, dear Mschuetz,
This truly is an awesome review, so thank you for taking the time to share it!
I am very pleased to know that your stay with us was enjoyable. Without our amazing associates, memories like this wouldn’t be possible. I will recognize Bin and the rest of the associates for all their hard work and dedication.

Best regards,
Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,151)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, Canada
Reviewed 6 December 2012

When I checked in, I did not get my room upgrade, however the front desk agent Juan told me they weren't sold out (I find this extremely odd as why I didn't receive my upgrade - I was there for a conference). As well, I didn't get any of my room preferences (e.g., high floor). I was on the 19th floor, not the Club floor or SPG preferred floor, nor use of the Club room. I felt like an average traveller. I could see other people being happy with the service, but when I stay at SPG properties, I always get an upgrade and room preferences. Extremely disapointed in the overall check in process. Not what I am used to with SPG, especially Westin's.

Room Tip: Extremely close to Union Station
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Thank you for sharing your review, dear Zeusy1.

First of all, I would like to apologize on behalf of The Westin Harbour Castle and I am extremely sorry to hear that your preferences weren’t received. What you described is most definitely not the standard level of quality that we are proud to deliver at the hotel, and if I may speak with you more in detail about your stay, it would be greatly appreciated. Please feel free to contact me at your most convenient time at experienceteam@westin.com.

I look forward to connecting with you and once again, I apologize for this disappointing visit.
Elora, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2012 via mobile

Staff was excellent, decent location. Pool area was nice, clean and staffed! Only issue was the hot tub jets weren't working.

Room was basic at best, granted we went on the cheap ($129 with lake view) so maybe rooms on higher floors are nicer. Valet was quick and nice staff.

Overall good for a nights stay.

• Stayed December 2012
Dear xforce ,
Thank you for taking the time to share your review.

I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed your time with us at The Westin Harbour Castle. It is crucial that every guest is treated well and leaves us better than when they arrived and we are happy to have provided just that.
Warm regards and looking forward to your next visit,
Henley-on-Thames
Reviewed 3 December 2012

This hotel has seen better days. It's really tired and shabby. If you get a room with a view of the lake - good but the paintwork is all chipped, rooms are small, the furniture is really old, the air conditioning/ heating is so old and noisy, you can't put it on at night and sleep - think bad motel air conditioning. You can also hear your neighbour in the bathroom!
When you check in, they ask if you want to "go green" That means no room service AT ALL.
I'm all for not changing sheets and towels every day to save on washing - but really - is not having a chamber maid green? Is wrapping plastic cups in plastic wrappers green? There are plenty of those in the room. A empty mini bar pretends to be a fridge but doesn't keep anything cool.
I don't like this hotel at all. It's very expensive for the service, cleanliness you receive and it's not worth more than $100 a night. It is in the middle of a construction zone and there are no nice restaurants within walking distance. AVOID unless you are forced to stay here.
As instructed on the website, I emailed the spa for a simple treatment, seems they are not related to the hotel. She only checks email occasionally :-) being here feels like being back in 1982.

Room Tip: Lake view if you ARE FORCED to stay here.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Henley2
Dear Henley2,
We truly appreciate your review, and I would like to thank you for posting it.
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us didn’t meet your expectations and I sincerely apologize for it. I would really appreciate if you could e-mail me at experienceteam@westin.com so I may speak with you more in detail about your stay.

I look forward to connecting with you and would like to apologize once more as this is not what the Westin experience should be.
Warmly,
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 3 December 2012

Great location. Phoned around to other comparable hotels and this one was alot cheaper (went on a package that included parking which the other hotels charged extra for). The staff are so friendly they make your stay very pleasurable. Very helpful & knowledgeable too, as I asked directions and the best way to get to places and they quickly looked it up for me. Drive in to the hotel was a line-up but there were guys outside that heped and directed you quickly in & out. Quick check-in, even though there was a line-up. Room very spacious and comfortable. Views from the room and the lounge area to the lake very nice. This is our 3rd stay there and wouldn't hesitate to go back again.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Thank you for your great review, dear LINDAG2011.

It’s exciting to hear when a guest stays at our hotel and leaves with memories because of the interactions they have with our associates. We appreciate your loyalty and I cannot wait to welcome you back.

If you need anything prior to your next visit, please email me at experienceteam@westin.com
See you soon!
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed 1 December 2012

Beautiful room and wonderful bedding and mattress. Room was spotless. Staff was very friendly and concierge was a lifesaver. Easy walking access to the waterfront quay and the baton center. Easy cab ride from the bars of younge street. Recommend 100%

Room Tip: Ask upon booking for a water view, spectacular
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank matt s
EdwinFrizzell, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Matt,
Thank you for sharing your review.

We appreciate your recommendation and are happy to know that your stay at The Westin Harbour Castle was enjoyable. We are looking forward to your next visit.
Stay well,
Shanghai, China
Reviewed 30 November 2012

I recently attended a large convention adjacent to this hotel. While the hotel is a little old/tired in terms of overall decor, the experience still tended to be very efficient. The staff were excellent (apart from concierge who didn't really help too much on the sightseeing options), the food was good - and the bed great! The breakfast facilities seemed a little small for an obviously busy hotel period, and the options a little on the light side, but the staff were still unflappable.

Room Tip: Steer clear of the busy lift well!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Dear Lars O,
Thank you for your review.
I would like to apologize on behalf of the concierge, and would like to ensure you this will not happen again as our goal is to offer you superior service and exceeding your expectations.

I’m happy that the associates at The Westin Harbour Castle were able to make your stay pleasant.
Hope to see you soon,