“Friendly helpful staff, good food, excellent sleep.”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
“Friendly helpful staff, good food, excellent sleep.”
Reviewed 4 November 2013

They know what customer service is. We had a quick bite at the bar, good food friendly service. A great stay. Room needs a refresh, but overall in good shape. We decided to have a quick snack prior to returning to our room, stopped a the bar, a good choice, food is great.

Room Tip: Nice view on the 28th floor, overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Chuck M
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Chuck M,

We love hearing from our guests that our team exceed their expectations. I am very happy to you’re your review and to know that your recent stay was a memorable one. This is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels!

Thank you for sharing your kind recommendation,
Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,126)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
palm beach gardens,florida
Reviewed 4 November 2013

What a delight to be treated so well in a hotel. We were part of a large group but the staff made you feel as we were the only ones in the hotel. We encountered a very few minor issues. The next thing I knew, the manager knocked on our hotel room door to address immediately. The staff was extremely cordial, ensuring that all of our needs were met. They have a service express line. I called the number few times and Shirley and Ligia were extremely professional and helpful. Housekeeping Supervisor Anthony was a pleasure to deal with! What I found so great about this hotel was the location and the staff. When you presenting a question or issue, the staff followed up with a phone call to ensure customer satisfaction. That is a rarity these days in any hotel. For that reason, I will definitely return to this property.

Room Tip: HIgher floor
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank andrea
Dear andrea,
It was our pleasure to welcome you to Toronto.

I want to start by thanking you for taking the time to share your review.
I will make sure to thank Shirley, Ligia and Anthony for taking such great care of you and your group.

We all look forward to seeing you soon again! Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com – I will be pleased to assist with anything!

Bromley
Reviewed 4 November 2013

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at the Westin and would definitely recommend it. Our family had 2 rooms here in late October. Rooms overlooked the lake and was fantastic to wake up to that view each morning. Beds very comfortable and rooms very clean and modern. Staff were very helpful and friendly. Its used for a lot of conferences so check in / out can be lengthy if you get caught out in a delegate queue (which we just avoided).

Buffet breakfast is excellent if a bit pricy. Bar meals very good and reasonable. Didn't try the 360 degree Restaurant as expensive and mixed reviews.

At this time of year waterfront area a bit bleak but west of entrance there is a good cafe in next block and a bit further the Queens Quay shopping complex has a cafe, food court and Irish Pub (good for an evening meal with nice atmosphere).

CN Tower is an easy walk from the Westin but centre rather further. If weather is poor go to Air Canada center and enter the underground PATH network which links shopping complexes etc.

Room Tip: Try and get a lake facing room - you'll love that view.
3 Thank LuggageLabel
Dear LuggageLabel,
I truly appreciate your kind recommendation.

Thank you to you and your family for staying with us recently. I am delighted that you all slept well in the Westin Heavenly Bed and had a relaxing visit.
I hope to welcome you all back soon,

Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed here at the beginning of November.

The staff was exceptional meeting and exceeding my requests and needs

The room was spacious and the linens on the bed were wonderful

The room was in need of a refresh to Westin standards again. There was evidence of a water leak on the ceiling in the bathroom, some wall paper curling as well.

Overall a great stay in spite of these little blemishes

Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Mark S
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 5 November 2013
Dear Mark,

It was a pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your kind review with fellow travellers.

From what I read, it sounds like you had a great stay and I thank you for your comments regarding the condition of the bathroom. I will make sure to share them with our Director of Engineering tomorrow morning.

I would love to hear from you before your next stay. Please email me at experienceteam@westin.com with your confirmation number so that I can make sure your next visit is flawless.

Looking forward to welcoming you back!
St. John's, Canada
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Pros: nice pool, gym, spa and lobby. Good location. Decent size work desk; nice TV; good food options.
Cons: Carried my bags up many stairs because I got dropped at the wrong entryway. Ensure you get dropped at the main lobby to avoid this. The check-in line was very long (25 minutes). For the cost, the room was dated and small. There were hairs on the bathroom counter and the room didn't feel very clean. There are not many outlets for electronics. A fridge costs $30/day. Internet is $14/day. Noisy for sleeping.
Overall I felt the hotel was overpriced for what you get.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Julie325
Dear Julie325,

Thank you for sharing some thoughts on your recent visit.
This is great to read that you enjoyed our location and took advantage of our facilities!
However, I am very disappointed by the lack of cleanliness you experienced in the bathroom and the long line at check-in. At Westin, we pride ourselves on our cleanliness and exceptional customer service as I suspect you noticed throughout the rest of our property.

Your experience definitely falls below our standards and this is why I would like to personally connect with you to discuss your review in further details. .Would you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com with your check-in date and confirmation number. With this information I will investigate what fell through in the cleaning process of your room and ensure it won’t happen again.

I look forward to your email,
Coventry, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Recently my mother was taken ill while in Toronto. The Hotel and it's staff were fantastic. They helped immensely to ensure my Father was looked out for and ensuring that in troubled times he had nothing to worry about from a hotel point of view.
Special thanks once again to Goran and his team.
The location of the hotel is just a short ride from downtown Toronto and is right on the Toronto Waterfront. If visiting Toronto under happier circumstances would I stay there, well that would be a resounding yes.

Dear mr2mad,

I am truly sorry to read that your Mother was ill during her recent visit and I hope she is on her way to full recovery.
Despite the circumstances, I am happy to read that our teams were helpful and made sure to alleviate the worries for your father.

We all look forward to welcoming them back soon when your Mum is better. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com – I will be pleased to assist with anything!
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 1 November 2013

In advance of our stay, I spoke with Marva Brisco, the Westin Harbour Castle's Service Express Expert, about arranging a special care item for our vist. Not only did Marva remember me when I called back prior to our stay to reconfirm, we were surprised with little treats in our room upon our arrival and hugs & TLC the morning of our departure by Marva. She was exceptionally professional, caring and attentive to our needs. Even the woman taking care of our room took time to ask us if we were enjoying our stay when we saw her in the hallway. We ate in the Westin's main floor Mizzen restaurant twice for a delicious breakfast and twice for a delicious lunch, and our waitress Violetta was exceptional, even bringing my sister a piece of cake for her birthday, as well as remembering our plans and asking us how they went in the following days when we saw her again, just like with Marva Brisco. Excellent customer service and caring. We also ate supper in the 38th floor Toula restaurant one night and one night we ate in the main floor lounge. Again, excellent customer service and attention, and excellent food & drinks. Overall, it was 3 nights & 4 days to remember. Staying at the Westin Harbour Castle was definitely a highlight of our short vacation in lovely Toronto. My sister & I were in town for her 50th birthday and the PEN Canada IFOA which was a very short walk to the Harbourfront Centre. We will definitely be staying in this hotel in the future when we find ourselves back in Toronto! The Westin Harbour Castle staff made our stay so memorable. We have been telling all of our friends & family about it. Only positive things to say about this WOW experience; great staff, comfortable beds, beautifuk views from the windows. A must do at least once in your travels! You will have no regrets. :)

Room Tip: Make sure to ask for a higher up room upon check in. :) We stayed in the South Tower, where the re...
Dear Dianne L,
WOW! This is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels.

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review. I will personally go see Marva and Violetta today and thank them for the personal and thoughtful service they provided you with.

I am pleased that you and your sister enjoyed your visit to Toronto – it will be a pleasure to welcome you both back soon.