“Great View”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa, Canada
“Great View”
Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed in lakeview room, very comfortable room, great view of lake Ontario and island airport. Very quiet and well maintained with a friendly helpful staff. walkable distance to major downtown toronto attractions make this a ideal spot to stay for either business or plaesure purposes

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 13 November 2013
Dear Kevin S,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review. I will personally thank the team for taking such great care of you.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit in Toronto!
Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,062)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Montpelier
Reviewed 7 November 2013

First the positives... Extremely nice staff overall. Comfy bed and towels. Fast elevator and decent lobby area. Shower pressure great. Cons: bathroom was not clean (razor cover left from previous guest in shower, mildew starting on shower walls, baseboards with a healthy coating of dust, coffee streaks/splashes on wall behind trash can that could easily have been wiped clean). Heat was erratic and unmanageable by thermostat (we both alternately sweated from heat and were chilled to needing layers, regardless of thermostat temp/setting of 68 F). We were billed for items we didn't use (2 nights of restaurant meals and valet parking - we didn't eat a single meal on site and didn't have a car with us. When we called to correct it, the customer service person initially kept insisting we pay for the valet at least.) We were given only one $5 coupon after 4 nights stay for not using housekeeping (we didn't realize we were supposed to get one each night until the last night when we received the card that said no more rebate cards). Walls were paper thin -- heard neighbor cough all night as though he was in our room and heard conversations on either side as though they were right there, too. Aside from positives above, this was more like a motel than a nice hotel. We're not picky people and don't expect luxury, so we winged it. But I can't say I'd recommend this overall. We have had much better stays in comparable hotels in the area. I wish I could be more positive based on the helpful staff!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Dear missavt,
This is a very comprehensive review and I thank you for sharing it with me.

What you describe about the room condition and heating issue is unacceptable and I understand your disappointment.
At Westin, our teams pride themselves on cleanliness, as I suspect you noticed throughout the rest of the hotel. Your experience falls way below our standards and that really concerns me.

This is why I would appreciate if you could reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com with your check-in date and confirmation number.
With this information I will follow-up with our housekeeping and engineering teams and investigate what fell through to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

I will look forward to your email and to the opportunity to connect with you and apologize personally.
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A few months ago i put a review of my stay here.... My room was so dusty i could write a sentance on the wood in my room.

The hotel wrote a responce saying they were concerned and could i contact them via email, i did and got no responce.

Stayed here again last week and guess? Another room thats so dusty i could write on it!

Do the hotel care.... I don't think they do!

Sty

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Paul L
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 12 November 2013
Dear paull25,

I remember your June review very well and also remember asking you to contact me personally as I wanted to discuss it in further details and apologize for your disappointing experience.

We do take our guests’ comments very seriously and I am extremely concerned that I never got your email. I will follow-up with my team to know if anybody received your contact information but in the meantime, I would really like to connect with you.
Can you please send me an email with your full name, check-in date and phone number? With this information, I will investigate what fell through and ensure we do connect. I will look forward to receiving your response at experienceteam@westin.com.

Once again, dear paull25, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback,.
Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had a great time - early check in, courtesy staff, very helpful and friendly valet service. The hotel is clean, convenient and in a great location. Valet also suggested their more economical parking across the street, but choose the valet, much more convenient. Stay here!

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors and with a view facing southwest - great view of the harbour and city inclu...
Dear Meozawald
Thank you for sharing your kind review with fellow travelers.

Our mission at Westin is to make sure our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived and I am pleased that we succeeded.

I will look forward to welcoming you back soon again!
Toronto
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Well located on the lakeside, only a few minutes walk from Union Station some of the important points of interest in Toronto. Currently the environment is not very nice, because there is a lot of construction - but this is not the hotel's matter and will change again. The room was comfortable, staff was friendly - I felt comfortable over all.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Dear Irmengard N,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our location to explore the city.
I will look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com
Ontario
Reviewed 5 November 2013

The Westin Harbour Castle was a very elegant hotel with beautiful views of the Toronto Harbour and the CN Tower. The rooms were comfortable and very spacious. The bed was very comfortable as well and the decor was modern. Room service and hotel staff were prompt and professional however food is expensive and it would have been nice if they included a complimentary breakfast for the price of the room.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Sunlover22Ontario,

I am pleased to count you as a new advocate of the Westin Heavenly Bed and I am delighted that you managed to sleep well and rest during you recent visit.
It will be a pleasure to welcome you back on your next trip to Toronto.

Thank you for sharing your kind review.
Reviewed 4 November 2013

They know what customer service is. We had a quick bite at the bar, good food friendly service. A great stay. Room needs a refresh, but overall in good shape. We decided to have a quick snack prior to returning to our room, stopped a the bar, a good choice, food is great.

Room Tip: Nice view on the 28th floor, overlooking the lake.
1 Thank Chuck M
Dear Chuck M,

We love hearing from our guests that our team exceed their expectations. I am very happy to you’re your review and to know that your recent stay was a memorable one. This is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels!

Thank you for sharing your kind recommendation,