“Pleasant Visit”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #31 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Our stay was very and pleasurable. The room was comfortable and clean, and everything worked properly.The staff was friendly and helpful. The food and bar was a bit pricey but we found excellent food reasonable priced bar across the street at Miller's Tavern. Also, about a ten minute walk away is shopping and restaurants with prices even more reasonable. We just happen to find the mall because there are no store signs and most all of the stores and restaurants are below ground. Unless you know where you are going, you will probably miss it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2013

Dear Francine W
It was a pleasure to welcome you and to know that you truly enjoyed your stay.

I am pleased to read that you took advantage of our downtown location to explore Toronto and its PATH, also known as the largest underground shopping complex in the world with its 29-kilometre network of tunnels!

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon,
Edwin Frizzell

Write a ReviewReviews (4,693)

Reviewed 8 November 2013

I've stayed at this hotel many times (was always one of my favourites) but I was recently there for a conference and was really disappointed. The bathroom was seeing huge signs of wear - a hole in the ceiling, bubbled paint on the ceiling, bathtub plug didn't work (I asked for a plug and was brought one). The cleanliness was not great either. After one use, the sink was disgusting (like it had just been wiped clean, not actually cleaned and had residue for the makeup to stick to). The bed was comfy as usual, but the rugs were snagged and missing bits.
The weirdest thing is the fridge... which is more of an autoclav for bacteria than anything else. The fridge does NOT get cold and there's a sign stating that it doesn't. I could make the room cooler than the fridge is meant to get. Seriously - what the heck - who wants a fridge that ONLY does room temperature. I'm sure the business plan behind this is to encourage guests to not save leftovers and eat at their overpriced restaurants! BUT... really!!!! The fridge is the sort of 'business plan sorta thing' that will keep me from booking this hotel. This is NOT customer service, this is not an asset and is really quite disgusting!

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Char H
First of all, thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for staying with us during your recent conference.

I am sorry that your last experience did not meet your expectations. As you know from your previous visits, this quality of service is very unusual for our hotel.

I appreciate you bringing your comments to my attention and I would like to let you know that we listened and that our operation team here is currently in the process of removing all cooling units from the rooms. We just finished the first tower and are starting our way up on the second.

I would love to discuss your review in further details and apologize personally for your last disappointing visit. Could you please email me at experienceteam@westin.com? I will look forward to your email.

Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

Stayed as part of a group of 10 people all checking in at the same time on the evening of nov 6th. Checking in procedure was quick and painless. I was allocated room 816 in the South tower. I found the room to be very clean and well appointed. The desk was perfect for working on with the laptop. There's also a push-up tower which has two extra power sockets on the desk. To the left of the desk is another four point socket outlet. The bed was very comfortable and I slept very well. I also use the room service which was prompt efficient hot and good value for money. Looking forward to staying here again soon. This hotel is chosen by my employer. With multiple choices in and around the downtown Toronto area I found this one of the best to have stayed in. The staff are exemplary and extremely welcoming.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear ianbeale,
Thank you to you and your group for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your visit.

I understand from your review that you worked a lot in your bedroom. I hope we will have the pleasure to welcome you back soon again for a more relaxing visit or for another business trip as we really like having you here!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

Stayed in lakeview room, very comfortable room, great view of lake Ontario and island airport. Very quiet and well maintained with a friendly helpful staff. walkable distance to major downtown toronto attractions make this a ideal spot to stay for either business or plaesure purposes

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business

Dear Kevin S,
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful review. I will personally thank the team for taking such great care of you.

We look forward to seeing you again during your next visit in Toronto!

Reviewed 7 November 2013

First the positives... Extremely nice staff overall. Comfy bed and towels. Fast elevator and decent lobby area. Shower pressure great. Cons: bathroom was not clean (razor cover left from previous guest in shower, mildew starting on shower walls, baseboards with a healthy coating of dust, coffee streaks/splashes on wall behind trash can that could easily have been wiped clean). Heat was erratic and unmanageable by thermostat (we both alternately sweated from heat and were chilled to needing layers, regardless of thermostat temp/setting of 68 F). We were billed for items we didn't use (2 nights of restaurant meals and valet parking - we didn't eat a single meal on site and didn't have a car with us. When we called to correct it, the customer service person initially kept insisting we pay for the valet at least.) We were given only one $5 coupon after 4 nights stay for not using housekeeping (we didn't realize we were supposed to get one each night until the last night when we received the card that said no more rebate cards). Walls were paper thin -- heard neighbor cough all night as though he was in our room and heard conversations on either side as though they were right there, too. Aside from positives above, this was more like a motel than a nice hotel. We're not picky people and don't expect luxury, so we winged it. But I can't say I'd recommend this overall. We have had much better stays in comparable hotels in the area. I wish I could be more positive based on the helpful staff!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business

Dear missavt,
This is a very comprehensive review and I thank you for sharing it with me.

What you describe about the room condition and heating issue is unacceptable and I understand your disappointment.
At Westin, our teams pride themselves on cleanliness, as I suspect you noticed throughout the rest of the hotel. Your experience falls way below our standards and that really concerns me.

This is why I would appreciate if you could reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com with your check-in date and confirmation number.
With this information I will follow-up with our housekeeping and engineering teams and investigate what fell through to ensure it doesn’t happen again.

I will look forward to your email and to the opportunity to connect with you and apologize personally.

Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

A few months ago i put a review of my stay here.... My room was so dusty i could write a sentance on the wood in my room.

The hotel wrote a responce saying they were concerned and could i contact them via email, i did and got no responce.

Stayed here again last week and guess? Another room thats so dusty i could write on it!

Do the hotel care.... I don't think they do!

Sty

Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Paul L
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 November 2013

Dear paull25,

I remember your June review very well and also remember asking you to contact me personally as I wanted to discuss it in further details and apologize for your disappointing experience.

We do take our guests’ comments very seriously and I am extremely concerned that I never got your email. I will follow-up with my team to know if anybody received your contact information but in the meantime, I would really like to connect with you.
Can you please send me an email with your full name, check-in date and phone number? With this information, I will investigate what fell through and ensure we do connect. I will look forward to receiving your response at experienceteam@westin.com.

Once again, dear paull25, I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback,.
Also, before booking your next stay, contact me personally so we can go above and beyond your expectations!

Reviewed 5 November 2013

Had a great time - early check in, courtesy staff, very helpful and friendly valet service. The hotel is clean, convenient and in a great location. Valet also suggested their more economical parking across the street, but choose the valet, much more convenient. Stay here!

Room Tip: Stay in the upper floors and with a view facing southwest - great view of the harbour and city inclu...