“Pretty Good Time”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for a conference in November. Though there wasn't much time to sit and enjoy the room, it was a great place to collapse after long days. I'd imagine it would be better in the summer months as you'd be able to do a bit more walking around and explore the waterfront a bit better. All in all it was a great business hotel with some pretty good amenities.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Dear PatrickC1986,

What a wonderful review: thank you for taking the time to share it!
I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and your recent conference.

We all look forward to welcoming you back this summer - as you pointed it out, nothing beats our location right on the lake during the warm months of the year!

Thank you again and Happy New Year!

There are newer reviews for The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto

Reviewed 19 January 2014

I stayed on the 33rd floor and had a great view of the lake. But my overall opinion of the hotel is that it is "tired" and in drastic need of renovations. The carpet in the corridor was very dirty and worn. The elevators looked like they were 20-30 years old. The lobby however was very nice as was the hotel staff at check-in. Valet parking @ $45/night was excessive. Overall I was expecting more from the Westin, I have no desire to go back there but would do so if in a bind.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear FranklySpeaking44,
I thank you for sharing some comments on your recent stay.

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby. We are currently undergoing a complete renovation of our carpets in all public space and I trust you will be pleased with the result.

I understand that your visit did not exceed your expectations and this is why I would love to discuss your review in further details. Could you please send me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com?

I will look forward to connecting with you

Reviewed 17 January 2014

I took clients for lunch at the hotel restaurant yesterday. Appalling would be too kind a word to describe the food. No wonder the room was almost empty. The service was pretty awful, too. The server brought a teapot without the tea - by the time we received the teabag the hot water was cold. We were never offered coffee at the end of our meal,(the buffet), which consisted of a salad bar (very basic), a chicken thing, pickerel (hard as a hockey puck) and ONE beef short rib. Yes, there was only ONE beef short rib on the buffet. The soup was ok. To add insult to injury, it cost $155 for 4 people (4 buffet, 1 diet pop, 2 teas, no wine or liquor).

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Margaret R

Dear Margaret R,

I truly appreciate you taking the time to share some feedback on your recent experience at the Mizzen Restaurant.

What you describe in your review is very concerning and doesn’t reflect the quality of service and food offerings our outlet is proud of. Myself and our Director of Food and Beverage are very concerned by your comments and would love to discuss your comments in more details. Could you please email us your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com?

This is due to feedback like yours that we can constantly improve our services, so once again, thank you for bringing your disappointing experience to our attention.

We look forward to connecting with you soon,

Reviewed 17 January 2014

Stayed in this hotel during a business trip in Toronto. Great location, comfy rooms & great views over Harbour. Can´t wait to come again in summer on leisure to enjoy everything what Toronto has to offer.

Room Tip: rent a car and make a trip to Niagara Falls
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business

Dear Scaryjackm

Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip. I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and managed to relax well in your guestroom.

Thank you kindly for taking the time to share your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stay at the Westin annually for a conference. Easy to book on-line or by phone. Very well organized, excellent & very pleasant desk staff. Rooms are spacious & very clean with updated bathrooms. Beds & bedding are great! Always have a good sleep here. My only complaint about the rooms is that there is no fridge. It looks like a fridge but it is only a cooler box. We have always had to put a bag of ice in the bottom to keep the milk & yogurt that we bring cold enough. You can ask for a fridge at the desk and it will be supplied. Sometimes that is difficult to arrange when the hotel is really full. If you have a lake view room it is completely unobstructed and you can have some fun watching planes take off from the island. If you have a city side view it is an awesome panorama of Toronto. Parking at the hotel is expensive but there is outside parking nearby and taxis always at the ready. I want to come here at another time of the year to take in some of the sights of the city with my family. There are often offers on for shows, exhibits, etc that incorporate tickets & your hotel stay. We went to the King Tut exhibit & the tickets were preferred which meant we skipped a huge line. They also had a dedicated shuttle to & from the AGO. Way to go Westin! The Toula restaurant on the upper level is very good and during the Winterlicious event the price is very good. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for the lake side rooms. Very nice morning sunrise!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Dear DianeG0264,

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel. I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful recommendation.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you, your group or your family to our hotel, and I am delighted to read that you always leave us feeling better than when you arrived.

I will look forward to welcoming you soon .Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed 15 January 2014

On arrival was fortunate enough to be greeted by Julie Georges. Professional and exceptional in customer handling. A natural people person, who after a dreadful day put a smile on my face with her genuine (so many are false) caring, she picked up on my red eyes. What an asset. A great start, felt cared about.. Great balcony room, beautiful view of the Lake and aircraft landings. Restaurant food A1. Rooms above average. Service A1. Whilst waiting for a tour pick up Samad Ali-Mohammad walked up to us and engaged in conversation. Actually went and got us a cup of Coffee to take away and really wanted to know if there was anything else he could do!!! Amazing. We felt, if anything goes wrong with pick up Samad would have followed Up. Another asset. Just sorry we are not staying longer. Great Starbucks coffee in room and good toiletries, becoming rare now in many Hotels. Just one complaint....no showercap. Thoroughly recommend. Oh and complimentary bottled water, another courtesy.

Room Tip: Even though it was very cold, the balcony rooms on floors 5 and 6 enable great views. Quiet, no nois...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear bethmar2229,
WOW, this is a truly wonderful review – thank you for sharing it!

I understand you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I am pleased that our teams made you feel well cared for – this is exactly how it should feel at Westin.

I will look forward to your next visit. .Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Thanks again for sharing your kind recommendation and Happy New year!

Reviewed 14 January 2014

Visited Toronto for work and brought one of my kids. He's a hockey player and big fan so this was a great location. Close to the hockey hall of fame, sports complex's etc.
The staff are very very nice and while the hotel itself is a bit on the dated side, they made up for it with great service and staff who were also great with my 10 year old.
The breakfast buffet was a big hit with him too.
Gym was nice. Good indoor pool. Great views of the harbour from the room and from the restraunt on the 35th floor.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family

Dear Mercedesct,
Thank you to you and your son for staying with us recently.

I am pleased to read that you both thoroughly enjoyed your stay and found time to enjoy our breakfast buffet and visit the Westin Workout Fitness Studio and pool too!

I appreciate you sharing your kind words and I look forward to welcoming you both back soon this year. Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Happy New Year