“Great views”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #29 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 16 February 2014

Terrific views of the lake - which was frozen when I was there. Top floor restaurant very popular so book. Rooms fine - standard Westin. Shame that internet is not included - should be in this day and age! Friendly staff. Green option good idea - room not serviced every day but get points instead!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 February 2014

Dear TheFrankens,
It was a pleasure to welcome you recently to our hotel and I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay as well as the spectacular views of Lake Ontario you’re your guestroom.

We do offer some packages which include Internet connection but for guests who book a room only, we offer complimentary wi-fi connection in the lobby and restaurants. I am sorry you were not made aware of that.

It is great to know that you made it to Toula Italian Restaurant and enjoyed dinner there. I trust you were pleased with the panoramic views from up there.

I will look forward to welcoming you back soon,
Edwin Frizzell

Write a ReviewReviews (4,670)

Reviewed 14 February 2014

The Westin I have to say for the price is a GREAT deal for downtown Toronto. It is on the lake and a little off the main downtown core, but with walking distance of the subway and Eatons centre. Clean, comfortable rooms and bed. Hotel staff and decor was good. Could have better business services in rooms but over all was quite satisfied with the 6 day stay I had there. I could only eat at Pub as main restaurant was closed for renovations but the limited pub menu was decent,. Not great but decent. Theree rae afew pubs and restaurants also within easy wwalking distance so that was fine. Close to the Hockey and Basketball centre and most downtown attractions.

Room Tip: upgrade to the lake view rooms for a few dollars. Nice to look over the lake
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Curtis S

Dear Curtis S,
Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent stay.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our location and facilities. I hope you took advantage of our daily complimentary shuttle to go to the Eaton Centre.

I am pleased that you slept well in your Westin Heavenly Bed and I look forward to welcome you back soon. Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com.

Reviewed 12 February 2014

I love it hear. Stay here whenever I go to Toronto. Close to everything. Very clean rooms and very friendly service. Very Welcoming every time I stay. Close to dinning and ACC for concerts and a great view of the harbour. Love it!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 14 February 2014

Dear Sarah C,
WOW, this is a truly wonderful review – thank you for sharing it!

I understand you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our location to explore the city.
I will look forward to your next visit. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Thanks again for sharing your kind recommendation!

Reviewed 10 February 2014

Stayed here this past weekend for 1 night. Check in was fast and friendly. Room was ready.

Room was clean and relatively modern. Everything in working order.

Beds were comfortable. The only thing that could make the stay better was to increase the size of the beds to Queen size from double.

Pool zone was clean and bright. The pool is a traditional rectangle shape with a shallow and deep end. So not a super great pool for families with little ones.

Parking is expensive but it is Toronto. $45 for valet parking which is handy and only $10 more than self parking - so it was worth it given the cold weather we have had of late.

You are close to everything in the downtown core.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear linesman10,
Thank you for staying with us this past weekend.

It was a pleasure to welcome you and I am delighted to read your review and understand that you managed to rest well in your Westin Heavenly Bed.

I would love to welcome you and your family back soon – maybe over March break as a nice little getaway?! Please make sure to email me directly at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure you are all well taken care of.

Thank you again for sharing your kind recommendation.

Reviewed 10 February 2014

The best thing is the location Its close to to the ACC for a hockey game plus the Rogers Centre for baseball Never ate in the hotel but there are so many great places to dine nearby who needs it. We love the theatre too so that is also nearby. The staff seemed indifferent but I have come to expect that the more expensive a room is the more I am treated badly and if I don't like there is the door. I must have got it backwards

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jerome J

Dear Jerome J,
It was our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and to Toronto recently.

I appreciate you sharing your review – thank you. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our downtown location to explore the city and attend a game at the Rogers Centre.

What you mention about our associates is very concerning. As you will notice in other reviews, our hotel is famous for the quality of service and the great care we take of all our guests. As this is very surprising to me, I would like to discuss your review in further details and understand how we can improve our services. Could you please send me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com

I will look forward to connecting with you soon,

Reviewed 9 February 2014

When the driver pulled up to the hotel, I wasn't so sure about it. It was near a huge construction project (seemed like everything in Toronto was under construction) and it didn't seem like a great part of town. It was a little bit rundown in that area of the city but after being there a few days, I actually like the location. Good place to run down by the water and sort of blue-collar, piers and plants kind of view. It's about a 15 minute walk to the Rodgers Center and what I'd call the main area of the city but there are quite a few shops and restaurants that are nearby. The service was good, my room was great. I'd stay here again for sure.

Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank lrg37

Dear lrg37,
I appreciate you taking the time to share your kind recommendation online.

There is indeed a lot of construction happening all around the city of Toronto, as part of a big revitalization project in preparation of the 2015 PanAm Games. I am however pleased that you took advantage of our central location to explore Toronto.

We will all look forward to welcoming you back soon this year. Should you Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights during a conference at the adjacent Conference Centre. The location is ideal - on the waterfront at Queens Quay, easy walking to many great restaurants and attractions (Air Canada Centre, Mirvish Theatre and Ripley's Aquarium to name a few) as well as shopping on Yonge Street. The lobby is nicely appointed and check-in/out is a breeze with very friendly staff. The room is nicely appointed with no surprises, but not luxurious by any means. It would have been nice to have a small fridge or mini bar in the room. It was very hot even with the thermostat turned way down, but at least the window opened a bit to let some cool winter air in. It was also very dry in the room, but you can ask the front desk for a small portable humidifier which helps. All in all a pleasant stay and good value for Toronto.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank farcloser

Dear farcloser,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our downtown location to explore the city well.

Thank you kindly for sharing your review with fellow travelers too.
I will be looking forward to welcoming you back soon. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me personally at experienceteam@westin.com