“Great place to stay in Toronto”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 15 March 2014

The rooms were very clean and modern. The beds were comfortable and the pillows were cozy too. We had a great view of the lake and airplanes landing on Toronto Island. The pool area was inviting, although very busy...not surprising as it was March Break! It took a long time to check in (45 minutes), but we were given free in room WIFI and a kid's movie. Short walk to the new Aquarium and other Toronto hot spots! Lobby entrance drop off area was hectic and unorganized for customers not wanting to spend $45 on valet parking. Parked in lot just east of Yonge Street for half that price!!! Overall good experience and would recommend hotel, but they need to work on how to deal with a large volume of customers arriving at the same time. It shouldn't have been a surprise as it was March Break and there was some sort of conference taking place.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear YoungSnowBirds,
Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit.
I am delighted to read that you enjoyed our facilities, and took advantage of our location to explore downtown Toronto.

I thank you for bringing to my attention the issue with the delays at arrival. I will share your feedback with our parking and front office teams to ensure we improve our service in the future.
I look forward to welcoming you back soon. Please do not hesitate to connect with me personally at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure that everything is flawless.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

We came to Toronto for vacation with our son, he loved the pool area (huge pool) heated. And play area with a lot of toys that he enjoyed. The hotel is nice as ever Westin Hotels are. Not so central, but easy to reach and they have a shuttle bus to town or shopping.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 21 March 2014

Dear u201526,
Thank you to you and your family for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Toronto.
I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful recommendation and am delighted to read that your son enjoyed himself in our swimming-pool and that you all took advantage of our complimentary shuttle to the Eaton Centre.

I will look forward to welcoming you all back soon. Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This hotel is clean, the people are nice at the front desk and the rooms are nice. But I am starting to become disappointed in the little things. Maybe its my age? To order a simple meal, lets say a burger, its 21 dollars plus 7 dollars delivery and a huge mandatory tip. How is this meal serving your people who are staying with you. As well, the restaurant and the lounge have absolutely crazy prices. It is located in an area of toronto where you will have to take a cab to get to any real restaurants or clubs or actually anything worth seeing. I might have been in a craby mood when I wrote this, but I have had a better stay at the sheraton or the delta chelsea.

Room Tip: Get a corner room looking at the lake, it is very serene
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank roberto r

Dear roberto r,

Let me start by thanking you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit.
I am sorry to read about the issues you experienced recently at our restaurants, and will address your concern about the price with our Director of Food and Beverage.

I am also sorry that you were not made aware that we do provide a complimentary shuttle to the Eaton Centre for all our guests should they wish to visit the downtown core.
I will look forward to welcoming you back and would truly appreciate if you could email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your arrival so that I can make sure the team is ready to welcome you and that your next stay is flawless.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

We stayed at this hotel before and once again, we loved it. Everyone we encountered was helpful, cheerful and made sure our stay was enjoyable. We particularly were impressed with the front desk where check-in and check out were seamless, courteous and efficient. Love the bed, very comfy! It was only one night but a much needed get away.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 March 2014

Dear thelambsden2010,
First of all, thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for taking the time to post your review.
I am pleased to read that you truly enjoyed your stay and left us feeling better than when you arrived. I will thank the teams for taking such great care of you.

We will all look forward to welcoming you back soon. Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please do not hesitate to contact us at experienceteam@westin.com

Reviewed 12 March 2014

On arrival young lady on desk very helpful and was very good on following up by phoning quickly after I had got to my room asking if every thing was good. Bedroom amazing we were very luck in having a room on the 32nd floor with a king size bed a wonderful view of the frozen lake and the much talked about heavenly bed. Good size bathroom with a robe. A coffee maker in the room and all the usual facilities. two small hiccups were, one we booked a table at The Toula restaurant with the concierge who wrote our request on a piece of paper, but on arriving at the restaurant there was no record of our booking luckily it was very quiet. Although the meal was not fantastic.
The other little disappointment was there was a conference in the hotel from the friday until we left on the monday, some of the participants were in a room next to us and enjoyed themselves loudly although they did contain their drinks and visitors mostly to the early evening. We quickly realised that the walls were very thin.

Room Tip: A high room over looking the lake.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Guildgirl

Dear Guildgirl,
First of all, let me start by thanking you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit.

At Westin, we value feedback as an opportunity to improve our services. I truly apologize that our concierge did not properly make your reservation at Toula and would like to assure you that I will follow-up with them immediately as this is not the quality of service we are used to.

Our mission is to make sure that our guests leave us feeling better than when they arrived. From what I read, I understand we did not deliver this promise as you did not sleep well and I apologize for that. Did you report the noise to our security team? I am very surprised that they did not address it immediately after it being reported.

This is very concerning. I would like to discuss your review in further details and would appreciate if you could email me at experienceteam@westin.com with your reservation number so that I can investigate properly what happened.

I will look forward to connecting with you soon,

Reviewed 11 March 2014

The friendly staff repeatedly went out above and beyond to make our stay enjoyable. When my daughter had to miss our excursion because she was I'll, Jonathan even offered to send up broth or gingerale! Fabulous staff that actually care. Would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2014

Dear Laynie,
Thank you to you and your daughter for staying with us recently.

I will make sure to thank Jonathan for taking such great care of you.
I trust your daughter is feeling better and I hope to welcome you both back soon!

Looking forward to your next visit,

Reviewed 10 March 2014

The Westin has the look of a great hotel: a bustling lobby, stunning views and a great brand. It's the rest of the place where it falls apart.

We booked via Hotwire where the room was advertised as having "Free Wifi". When we checked in, we were informed that the "free" wifi was limited to the lobby. The night manager agreed to comp us for one night due to the discrepancy. The thought was nice, though not particularly helpful for the remainder of our stay. I guess, we could have asked/complained in the morning, but we were here for business not to argue for free internet. Instead we will take our business elsewhere in the future.

The rooms themselves are somewhat dated and need an upgrade to modernize themselves with their competitors. The beds are comfortable, the shower was good, and the location makes it easy to connect via train or airport express bus. That being said, I am not sure that we would stay there again based on our experience.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank BillyBrusso
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 13 March 2014

Dear BillyBrusso,

I am pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated lobby and public space.
I am sorry to read about the misinformation about free wi-fi in the rooms on Hotwire. I will have the team contact them and ensure that this mistake is fixed as, as you rightly pointed it out, we offer free wi-fi in the lobby and restaurants only.

It is great to read that you slept well in your Westin Heavenly Bed. I have noted your comment on the guestrooms and am pleased to let you know that we will shortly start renovating the guestrooms with the new Westin design and I trust you will be pleased with the result.
I do hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon. Please do not hesitate to email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure everything is flawless.