“Great conference facilities - rooms are slightly dated”

The Westin Harbour Castle
Ranked #33 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Great conference facilities - rooms are slightly dated”
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Excellent conference area, facilities are showing age. Lobby and entrance has been nicely updated, but rooms need to follow with an update. We only stayed for a one day conference, which the dinner was excellent, and breakfast buffet the following morning was great.

Room Tip: Upper level facing lakefront is great to see planes landing at Toronto Island airport.
  • Stayed May 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank DomLYYZ
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Dominic L,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference. I am pleased to read that your event was a success.

It is great to read that you enjoyed our breakfast buffet and I truly appreciate your nice comments about our newly renovated lobby.

Thank you again for taking the time to share your review and looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Hotel Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,085)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Sarnia, Canada
Reviewed 31 March 2014

There were only a couple minor issues with this hotel, nothing worth major concern in my opinion.

When we got to the hotel, we had to wait for a good 15-20 mins just to get off the road because valet was so backed up for whatever reason.

Also, the sonud-proofing (not sure how to accomplish this) should really be worked on. 2-3 times during the night I was woke up by people in the hallways, and once was room service servicing the room beside mine at 6:15 a.m.

There was a bit of confusion at check in, when someone with the same last name had already checked into my reservation, but it was fixed immediately, and then upgraded my room for the inconvenience which wasn't really a big deal!

The line at check in was a bit long, but the desk was fully staffed basically so not much else the hotel could have done.

Side note to the hotel (whether or not these prices are competitive), if you lowered the price for in room breakfast, you would get far more orders as that is the whole reason we didn't get it!

Overall, would I stay here again? Yes I would. Staff was great, bed was comfortable and if you get the hotel at a discount on a booking site, then it is more than worth it in my opinion

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 2 April 2014
Dear bobsyouruncle17,
It was our pleasure to welcome you to our hotel and to Toronto recently.

I appreciate you sharing your review and bringing some comments to my attention– thank you. I am pleased to read that you connected well with our teams and that you enjoyed your stay. I will follow-up on your feedback with the teams.

Should you need anything prior to your next visit, please don’t hesitate to reach out to me personally at experienceteam@westin.com so that I can ensure your next visit is flawless.
Ottawa
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I recently stayed here during a conference. It had been a few years since I last stayed here. I have to stay that this was another great stay at this excellent hotel.

I spent three nights in the north tower. The room service was excellent, the room (a corner with great views of the island and lake) was great and the heavenly shower and bed were second to none.

I just love the location, walking distance to all the great sites in Toronto. Went to the air Canada centre for a match, the eaton centre for so,e shopping and Yonge street for a nice stroll,

This is the location to stay at in Toronto.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Chris71Ottawa
Dear Chris71Ottawa,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent conference.

I am pleased to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and I truly appreciate you taking the time to share your wonderful recommendation.

I hope to welcome you back soon!
Doha, Qatar
Reviewed 27 March 2014

Within 5 mins walking distance from Union Station and located well within walking distance from all major attractions this vibrant hotel is a must for those coming into Toronto as a starting point or even for the longer stayers. The massive lobby is well vibrant offering a warm and comfy lounge with bar and restaurant facilities...a great meeting point or just a a place to lounge in preparation for any event or night out. Well priced, great food (the tomato soup is a must) and most of all warm inside when it's -28 outside!! Rooms well appointed although no shoe polish, only half a point taken off there. Other than fine, just fine.

Room Tip: We stayed in 1712, perfect bay views.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Dear KartikPurohit,
What a wonderful review – thank you for sharing it with fellow travelers.

I understand you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our location to explore downtown Toronto. I will make sure to share your comment about the lack of shoe polish with our team as a great suggestion for improvement.

I will look forward to your next visit.
Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 26 March 2014

Stayed here over night for a short trip. This hotel is next to the convention center with what you can expect of a traditional convention hotel. There was no water in the room (spg platinum), no minibar. I did get free wi-fi, which is a plus.

The room itself is just like any other Westin, but I have the view of the lake. I am sure it could be a wonderful view in a nicer weather.

I didn't eat outside of the hotel but looks like there are many choices. The room service food was pretty good (even though they didn't get the order correctly, the quality of food is better than average).

The location is convenient, short cab ride to where I need to be. Would try this place again on a warmer weather.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerWestin, Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 27 March 2014
Dear TcyW,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent trip to Toronto, and for being a loyal SPG platinum guest of our hotel.

I appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on your stay. I am really sorry that there was no bottled water in your room – this is a mistake on our end and I will make sure that I follow-up properly with the team to avoid this in the future.
I would truly appreciate if you could email me your reservation number at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can make sure everything is flawless.

Thank you again for sharing your comments.
Stratford
Reviewed 25 March 2014

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle on Saturday March 22. We stayed with our son's family as we went to see the Aquarium on Saturday night and then to Mickeys Road show on Sunday. The hotel stay was great as usual. Staff very friendly, rooms comfortable and location great. A Great Hotel! Only downfall was when coming home from the Aquarium, my wife and myself were holding our grandsons hand and she tripped on the construction material on the sidewalk and fell face first onto the cement on the sidewalk sustaining and a concussion, stitches and black eyes. Be very careful because there are construction hazards everywhere downtown. Hope that our next visit there on May 10 goes better.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear tgropp,
Oh no! I am so sorry to read that your wife tripped while on your way from the aquarium and hurt herself. I hope she gets better quickly and recovers well from the concussion and stitches.

I appreciate you sharing your nice comments about your stay and I will look forward to welcoming your family back on May 10th, once your wife is better. Can you please kindly email me your reservation number at experienceteam@westin.com so that I can make sure our teams take good care of you?

Reviewed 25 March 2014

Excellent hotel, good bedrooms with nice views, a bit far from the metro, good restaurants (excellent one at 39th floor). The internet should be free if you consider the fares they charge, it´s expensive. The room service is expensive as well, if you consider all taxes, a ham and cheese sandwich with fries is about 30 usd.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view bedroom.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
Dear Cristina Brasileira,
Thank you kindly for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your visit.

We truly appreciate your comments on our Internet connection. At Westin, we value feedback and realize how important it is for our guests to stay connected while they are on the road. This is why we are offering complimentary internet connection in the lobby and restaurants. Similarly, we are currently working on a new tier-pricing process that will offer all our guests 30 minute complimentary connection to check emails.

I trust you will be pleased with this and I look forward to welcoming you back soon.