Just got back from a 4 day stay at this hotel while attending a conference. Overall, enjoyed my stay. My recommendation of whether to stay or not would depend on what you want out of a hotel.
- On the waterfront, so you have a nice relaxing view of the harbor. I experienced a lot of fog while there in April, making it difficult half the time to see anything out the window. However, I expect it would be much nicer during the summer months.
- Very welcoming and helpful staff.
- Extremely comfortable bed (something Westin is known for).
- Pretty quiet, which surprised me given that my room was right near the elevator.
- Westin didn't charge extra to use the gym, and it was open 24 hours.
- Each day you opt out of room service, you get $5 to spend on food there or reward points.
- If you are attending a conference, there are other equally nice hotels much closer to the main conference center and central attractions (e.g., CNN tower). Took about 20 minutes to the conference center - not too bad but at the end of a long day, sometimes you just want to get back to your room quickly.
- The room service food wasn't just bad it was truly awful and expensive for the quantity and quality (note: I am NOT a picky eater). I ordered rice/vegetables thinking it would be a stir fry. I ended up with about a cup of plain white rice (no sauce, butter, salt, etc.) with about 2 small slices of red pepper on top, all for about $15. If you are staying there, I would highly recommend eating elsewhere!
- Incidentals are expensive. Internet is about $15 per day (we had it waived due to being there for a conference) and parking is $40 plus tax if you want your car indoors and about $30 if you want to park a block away from the hotel, outdoors. And if you want indoor parking, you are forced to use a valet.
Whether I personally went back or not would depend on the price. I think there are equally good hotels much closer to the places I would want to visit in Toronto. However, I would pick this hotel again if I got a good deal and do feel comfortable recommending it to others.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience the perfect blend of relaxation, renewal, and modern comfort at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. You'll find our hotel on the revitalized waterfront, just steps away from the Downtown Core via the PATH, Toronto’s underground covered walkway. The city's lively theatre and entertainment districts are just steps away, as are the Air Canada Centre and other famous attractions. Our CAA/AAA Four Diamond hotel welcomes you with beautifully designed accommodations featuring large workspaces, high-speed Internet access, and our legendary Westin Heavenly® Bed. Some of our hotel rooms also boast incredible views of Lake Ontario. Stop by one of our several outstanding restaurants for a delicious, healthful meal - or refresh with a dip in our indoor pool. Meetings and events are inspired occasions in our adaptable venues, including the spectacular Metropolitan Ballroom - the largest hotel ballroom in Canada. And our prime waterfront location enables you to explore the best of the downtown area with ease - from Rogers Centre to the CN Tower and Ripley's Aquarium. s attractions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Ebookers, Travelbag, Travel Republic (UK), HotelQuickly, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelsClick so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- The Westin Harbour Castle
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto