“Okay, but not for us.”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Visiting family in the city, we decided to use AirMiles to stay two nights here. It didn't feel like a four star hotel. It's huge, and the lobby – in spite of the signs everywhere telling you they are helping you relax – was busy and noisy. It felt more like an airport.They mist a subtle fragrance into the lobby to help you relax and I just found that irritating. We were on the 9th floor, which had a great view towards the Island and the airport. The hotel is right next to the ferry terminal. The room was clean, beds comfortable, and staff very nice. Valet parking $40 a night. I guess we'll try for a smaller hotel next time.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 22 May 2014

Dear AndyOS44,
I sincerely appreciate you taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed the Westin Heavenly Beds and the views from your guest room but sorry that you did not enjoy our white-tea signature scent and the buzz in our lobby.

We would love to see you again next time you visit your family in town. Should you decide to stay with us again, please do not hesitate to email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com so that I can ensure everything is flawless.

Be well,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I really liked this hotel.
The lobby was a bit crowded when we arrived with 2 suitcases each at 5pm as they were hosting a function and we struggled to manouver our way through.

We were about 17 floors up from memory and had an amazing view of the CN Tower at night and the lake behind.

The beds were amazing.
The rooms were a perfect size.
The gym was a decent size too nothing special just had everything you would need to workout.
The tv station selection was huge. Location was fantastic but most importantly the staff were very helpful.

The wifi is a bit expensive though but thats every hotel these days.

Room Tip: South tower is the better view from what I could see and also use the Toronto Airport Express to get...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Zach P
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 May 2014

Dear Zach P,
It is great to read that you like our hotel and truly enjoyed your visit.

I am happy to read that you slept well in your Westin Heavenly Bed and took time to visit the WestinWorkout Fitness Studio.
The teams will look forward to welcoming you back. Make sure to take advantage of the complimentary wifi connection in the lobby and restaurants.

Reviewed 5 May 2014

Great location for all sites and restaurants and entertainment. Great location if flying porter Airlines. Great views of lake Ontario. Go to Joe Mamas for great motown music and big daddys crab shack for seafood.

• Stayed: April 2014

Dear arnold s,
Thank you for staying with us while celebrating your birthday.

It was a pleasure to celebrate with you and I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit.
See you soon,

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I have always loved this hotel! Every time I have been here I have had great service, a big comfortable updated room and got to step outside to enjoy the beautiful harbor front. I have always enjoyed a girls weekend or a couples weekend here. I recommend it to anyone comming to stay in Toronto.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Dear diana182182,
First of all, let me start by thanking you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and taking the time to share your kind recommendation.

It is always a pleasure to welcome you and I hope we will meet during your next visit this summer!

Reviewed 5 May 2014

I booked a "lake view" room for a business trip, and specified an upgraded room. Check-in was terrible, with a huge lineup in the "normal" guest line that must have meant a wait of 45 minutes or more. Even in the SPG "special" line, I had to wait over 20 minutes just to get registered. Got to my room eventually, and it was a bit of a disappointment. The "lake view" meant I had to lean close to the window to see a sliver of lake, while most of the view was the neighbouring condo tower. The room was acceptable, but if that was an upgrade, I'd not want to see the basic room! The bed was a bit lumpy, the lights were weak (one didn't work by the bed), the shower was anemic with no plug for a bath, and the whole bathroom was tight to maneuver in. The sofa in the room (maybe that was the upgrade!) had seen much better days and some random stains that kept me off it. No minibar, either. I know the hotel was very busy, because the lobby was a constant hive of activity. Getting my car from valet took 20 minutes; getting it parked took even longer and meant talking to several people. On the whole, the room, the experience, and the overall value just wasn't there for me.

To add insult, I ate breakfast in the restaurant. A $30 breakfast tab for a couple of eggs overcooked, bacon undercooked, and some toast. Wow.

In the end, I won't stay there again. It just wasn't good enough for the money, compared to some of the other hotels in downtown Toronto. The location that I thought would make a pleasant break with a nice lake view was a total letdown.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Brutus58

Dear Brutus58,
Thank you for staying with us during your recent business trip and for bringing your comments to my attention.

I am sorry to read that you experienced some delays at check-in and that your overall visit didn’t live up to your expectations. At Westin, we pride ourselves in ensuring that all guests leave us feeling better than when they arrived. Because we did not deliver on this promise, I would like to personally connect with you and discuss your stay in further details. I would really appreciate if you could email me your contact information at experienceteam@westin.com.

I will look forward to your email, and once again, I apologize for this disappointed experience which falls way below our standards.

Reviewed 4 May 2014

It's been two years since my last visit and while some of my concerns remain, I enjoyed this stay more than the last time. Yes, there's still the same old furniture, poor water pressure in the bathroom sink, and not so hot food and service in the bar area. But, the one item that is most important to me--cleanliness--was quite good. For whatever reason, the room was much more appealing than during my last stay. I was in the North Tower this time, as opposed to South the last, though, I don't know if this made a difference. Last time I complained about an unclean fridge in the room--this time, there was no fridge.

What this hotel still has going for it, is it's very close proximity to the Air Canada Centre, wonderful views of Lake Ontario. large rooms, and the fact that it is a stop on the airport express bus route (first stop from the airport and last stop to the airport, so the trip is only about 30-35 minutes non-rush hour).

Once again, I got a good discounted rate. So--in spite of some of the cons, based on this visit I'd definitely go back.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank nycbee

Dear nycbee,
I appreciate you being a loyal guest of our hotel and staying with us recently.

I will make sure to thank our housekeeping team for doing such a great job! I am following-up with our director of engineering regarding the water pressure in the room.

It will be our pleasure to welcome you back to our hotel. Please email me personally at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure everything is flawless for your third stay here.

Reviewed 4 May 2014 via mobile

When we first got here we created by the rudest, ignorant, arrogant valet I have ever had the pleasure to meet!
When I attempted to speak to the concierge at check-in, they weren't having any conversation and it was rather busy.
I spoke to a manager and we sorted things out.
The room was nice, the view was spectacular, we could watch the island airport landings.
The room maids were absolutely wonderful, they even sent a forgotten item home via the mail.
Be aware that the parking here is very expensive!
Hopefully your stay is better than mine!

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear RVcornell,

What you describe about our valet associate and concierge is unacceptable and most definitely not the level of service our hotel is famous for. I apologize for this disappointing encounter and will follow-up immediately with the team.

I am pleased to read that you spoke to one of our managers on duty and that they were able to help you in an efficient way and that you got your forgotten item sent back home. I will also make sure to thank our housekeeping team for taking such great care of you.

We hope to see you again soon. Please make sure to email me at experienceteam@westin.com prior to your next visit so that I can ensure everything is flawless.