“Almost four stars”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Ottawa
“Almost four stars”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

The room was clean, but the hotel room was starting to show some wear. hence not quite a four star rating.
The staff were exceptionally friendly even going out of their way to ask may I help you
Valet parking was very fast.
Fitness room and pool were very nice
We ate in the dinning room and the cold buffet was $18, the other three companions ordered off the menu. All the meals were expensive, but normal for a hotel. the quality was very good to excellent. My rating is based on the smoked salmon in the cold buffet which was very good.
Great location
We had desert and coffee on the 38th floor, great view. desert was $11 and special coffees were $11. Again four people ate and all deserts were very good

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 3 July 2014
Dear JBOttawa,

First off I’d like to thank you for staying with us and also for taking the time to post your review. I’m happy to hear you had such a great dining experience. At Westin, we are really proud of our award-winning culinary team, offering quality fresh products, along with our Westin Superfoods, is part of our Chef’s mission. I will share your comments with the team as a great reminder of what we do best. The hotel is undergoing some renovations of the public space and we will then start working on refreshing the guestrooms.

I hope to welcome you back soon and enjoy the rest of your summer.

General Manger

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,067)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

I recently stayed at this Hotel and love the fact it is so close to the Lake as well as the events that are within walking distance. Right now there is a lot of construction on the roadways so you'll need to be patient if you want to get around by car (but hey it won't last forever, right?). The hotel itself has a lot going for it and especially if you want to have a nice pool to use --- it's big, lots of lounging and it also has an outside patio to sunbathe, play tennis or just dry off after swimming. Nice bar, good buffet breakfast, rooms are comfortable but in the 2 room suite we stayed in there was no fridge which I found odd.
Bottom line is you won't be disappointed staying her so feel good about your travel arrangements at the Westin harbor Castle

Room Tip: Great view the higher up you are and elevators are FAST -- South side to view the lake or North side...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Mortensenjohn,

Thank you for your wonderful review I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay and location of the hotel. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you enjoyed all that our hotel has to offer. I completely understand the construction can be an inconvenience for our guests but we can assure you that City’s Queen’s Quay revitalization is a huge project and that your patience will be all worth it when the construction is over and we have a beautiful waterfront boardwalk!

I hope you enjoy the rest of your summer and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Sackville, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here with family while on vacation and the location was excellent to get to downtown sites. Rooms were fine but could use some work. Construction is everywhere in the downtown so you'll have to deal with that any place you stay. Staff were helpful and courteous.

The notable thing about this hotel was its lively open lobby/restaurant/bar area. I have been to many hotels and it could have just been the time I was visiting or something special going on but the entire area was filled with people who seemed to be having a great time. This was definitely the most lively hotel I've been too outside of a resort and my visit was mid week. It also wasn't isolated to one night as we stayed for two and had the same experience both nights.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear ChrisTinaNB,

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you had such a great experience. I understand the construction can be an inconvenience for our guests but we can assure you that City’s Queen’s Quay revitalization is a huge project and that your patience will be all worth it when the construction is over and we have a beautiful waterfront boardwalk! Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com
I hope you enjoy the summer and we have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

ENGLAND. UK
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed here for 6 nights. Room was OK with flat TV, desk and Chaise though bit small. Bedding very comfortable. Bathroom clean and well equipped. Surprisingly, NO FRIDGE in the room but if required then at a charge of CA$35. However, the staff was very helpful and understanding due to warm weather and they provided this for FREE as myself being a SPG member. Staff were very efficient and helpful at all times. Location is very convenient for ferries and walks to centre of town and major attractions. Breakfast at CA$32 is not a good value, as the variety and quality of food is less than expected from such a well know brand Hotel Chain. An exceptional and worthwhile "Eco" programme where customer is rewarded with a voucher worth CA$5 each day to conserve/save changing towels and bedding.,.. a noble and well executed environmental cause.

Room Tip: higher floors with the harbour view.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a wonderful review. I am so pleased to hear that you enjoyed the Heavenly Bed and that our cleanliness was up to standard. It’s nice to hear you had such wonderful interactions with our associates. This is exactly the level of service and standards we strive for. At Westin, we are really proud of our award-winning culinary team. Offering quality fresh products, along with our Westin Superfoods, is Chef’s mission and I can assure you that I am personally following up with him to understand what happened. Its nice to hear that our Make a Green choice worked well for you and we appreciate you opting in for this great program.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com.

West Vancouver, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2014

My company put me into this place and since I'm not paying I shouldn't whine...but maybe you should be made aware of sit-u-ation.The location is excellent but its in the center of a construction zone. I'm staying for three weeks, on check in I asked for a king bed but I was told by the front desk to go get stuffed, apparently not only were there none available but lucky me I got a room on the fifth floor. The dreaded fifth floor, provides access to the pool and gym. Everything on this floor is well worn out and the hallway carpets are heavily soiled. I've got a lovely view of the rock roof and tennis court. Get a room facing south and some altitude and you'll likely enjoy the view. I went for the the "save the planet" reduced room cleaning option which gets you a $5 coupon each day your room isn't cleaned. They are supposed to clean the room regardless each 3rd. day but after having gone 7 days with the same towels I had to request cleaning several times before the situation was resolved. Luckily I'm getting out in 5 days on good behavior.

Room Tip: Don't ask but demand to have a south facing room with altitude....asking apparently is a sign of...
Dear Jim M,

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us and for your review. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed the location of the hotel. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable condition of your guestroom location. What you describe in your review is certainly not the quality of standard that we are proud of at The Westin Harbour Castle and it really concerns me I apologize for the inconvenience and can assure you that I will follow-up accordingly with the appropriate teams. As for the construction I completely understand it is an inconvenience for our guests but can assure you that the City’s Queen’s Quay revitalization is a huge project and that your patience will be all worth it when construction is over and we have a beautiful waterfront boardwalk! In the meantime, I would really appreciate if you could send me an email at experienceteam@westin.com with a phone number where I can contact you to further discuss.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review to let us know where we have fallen short in our service delivery and standards.
I look forward to connecting with you,

Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 June 2014

My only complaint lies in the fact that when you go to get into bed and the lights our turned off it is completely black. At our age we need to go to the bathroom sometime during the night and there is no way can you leave a small light on in order to navigate to the bathroom. We had to leave the curtains partially opened in order to find our way. At this time of year, summer, the sun raises early and we had to get up and close the blinds around 6:00 am
All other aspects of the hotel are great. The best breakfast buffet in a long time. Bed extremely comfortable. The only issue is that the hotel is not geared to the technology challenged. In order to find out what is going on in town or even in the hotel you need to go down to the lobby. This is also true when it comes to getting beverages as there are no dispensers on your floor. No mini fridge.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Larry E
Dear 02retired,

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your visit. I’m happy to hear that you enjoyed our Heavenly bed and had a great experience at Mizzen for our Superfood breakfast. I have noted your concerns and will bring them up with the appropriate teams. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com

Kitchener, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 June 2014

Okay, junior suite is a bit of a stretch. They used to call it something different, which was more appropriate. That said, it is a beautiful room with a beautiful view. I highly recommend it it you're a sucker for a terrific view, like I am.

The thing that bothers me about this hotel is the lack of a club lounge. It would get a lot more of my business if it had a club lounge. Otherwise, it's a solid property, a little out of the action, but that's what you get for staying on the water in Toronto.

Room Tip: Get the "junior suite" for a bangin' view.
1 Thank musicmansimpson
Dear Musicmansimpson,

Welcome back and thank you for posting your review. I am pleased to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your room and the spectacular view of Lake Ontario. I appreciate your loyalty and look forward to your next visit. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.