“Beautiful View !”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 9 July 2014

Stayed here for my 50th birthday.
On arrival the receptionist asked us what sort of view we would like, my husband said "the best", we were give a view of Lake Ontario , we could see the Toronto Island ferries and the island airport. So pleased , this made the holiday even better- thank you.
Harbour front is lovely with some good places to eat and is cool away from city centre,
Can walk to union station. We got the Via Rail train to Niagara from there.
Beds so comfortable , when our safe stuck someone was sent straight up to fix it.
Would like to see a more varied bar menu.
Staff give great friendly service.

Room Tip: ask for lake view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DebbieW600
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 17 July 2014

Dear DebbieW600

Thank you for posting such a great review! What you describe is exactly how it should feel at Westin Hotels, and I am happy to know that our team exceeded your expectations!

I trust you will remember the fantastic views of Toronto's waterfront from your recent visit and I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Happy belated birthday!

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We took in a couple Jays games and stayed here. The location is good you are within walking distance of Rogers and if your into hockey the Air Canada Centre. You can also take the Path at the North end of the Air Canada Centre and will take you to Union station and the subway. The hotel is right on thr Harbor on Lake Ontario but not a very active harbor at least not there but sort of a nice walk along it.Our room was sort of small not really what is shown on there site pic's and I wish they would keep the sink out of the bathroom so you could get a drink of water or get ready while bathroom is being used. It is an older hotel but it has been kept up. Bedding is great and very comfortable. They forgot to mention parking is about a 5min walk away and $35/ n or you can use valet for $45 sort of a rip off but downtown parking is expensive.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 10 July 2014

Dear Baj7,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review. I am pleased that you enjoyed our scenic location and slept well in the Westin Heavenly Beds.
I am sorry that you found our parking price on the high side. Our team does comparative analysis every quarter and feels we are in line with pricing at other major four-star hotels in downtown Toronto and along the waterfront, but I will certainly keep your feedback in mind and discuss it at our next meeting.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon. Should you need anything in the meantime, please do not hesitate to contact me at experienceteam@westin.com.

Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

I am a platinum member with SPG and this hotel has taken amazing care of me. The rooms are large and very well taken care of, as well as very pleasant staff who aim to please. I cannot wait to come and stay here again and will when I come back to Toronto for work

Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear torontotraveller31

Thank you for staying with us recently and for being a loyal SPG member! What you described is exactly what we strive for at The Westin Harbour Castle and I am pleased to know that your stay with us was flawless and that our team exceeded your expectations.

I, too, cannot wait for you to visit us again!

Reviewed 8 July 2014

A comfortable hotel in a great location on the lake front in Toronto. This hotel has been there for a number of years and parts of it are under renovation and need some attention. That being said we found our room to very comfortable and clean. We were situated on the 20th floor overlooking the harbor and lake and for the price we paid for a weekend stay we thought it more than reasonable.
Its a very short walk to the ferries to Toronto Islands and also the entertainment, bars and restaurants of the harbor front.
The annual Toronto Dining Festival called "Summerlicious" was under way so getting a table in the roof top restaurant was a long wait but the food and the friendliness of the staff, especially Kimberly the receptionist was worth the wait and at an unbelievable special price.
The front desk receptionists were also very friendly and helpful ... they made you feel welcome!
Just one small recommendation ... Management should pay attention to the pedestrian entrance which everyone uses after parking the car. It looks a little shabby and the large outdoor carpets which are there to stop people slipping on the tile are still encrusted with winter salt build up... three months after the end of winter !
overall though a pleasant stay .. we will return !

Room Tip: Pay a little more to get a harbor view, its worth it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear JBH44,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a wonderful review! Our mission at Westin is to make sure that our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived and I am thrilled to read that we succeeded and that you enjoyed your room and our waterfront location.

I am also happy to know that our teams took such good care of you while you were here. I will be sure to thank Kimberly and the rest of the team in the Toula Restaurant on your behalf for their outstanding service!

Thank you for your recommendation, and I will follow up with our housekeeping department with regards to the pedestrian entrance.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 8 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle for 3 nights in June and we were pleasantly surprised. This is a great hotel to stay at. The location can't be beat, especially for doing anything close to the waterfront. Everything else is within walking distance away.
The pool area was wonderful, very clean, and there was always staff around cleaning and refilling towels.
We will definitely stay here next time in Toronto!

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear KaseyK1

Thank you for staying with us and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit. This is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels and I am happy to know that our team exceeded your expectations!

I am glad that you enjoyed our scenic waterfront location as well as the pool area and I look forward to welcoming you back next time you are in the city!

Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed here for one night. The hotel is a huge conference center that desperately needs updating. We had a lot of trouble getting an elevator at all times of the day. The concierge was supposed to be there at 8am and didn't show up till 9am. There were plenty of us waiting to get our questions answered. There was other staff members trying to help the line so that's why I'm saying friendly staff. Would I stay there again, no, but it was fine for a quick trip 1 night stay. Breakfast was nice- way over priced 60 dollars for 2 people so if you don't have a voucher it's expensive.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ShelleyMatthews

Dear ShelleyMatthews,

First, let me start by thanking you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post some comments on your visit. I am pleased to read that you enjoyed your breakfast and that our associates were all helpful and friendly.

However, I am sorry to read about your disappointing experience at our concierge desk. I will personally follow up with the team to avoid this situation in the future. If, at your earliest convenience, you could contact me at experienceteam@westin.com, I would like to discuss your experience further.

I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed 6 July 2014

We stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle a few days ago and enjoyed our trip! The hotel is nice and clean and was exemplary when it comes to service! We stayed for one night in a beautiful room and Afra at the front desk was very friendly and gave us complimentary upgrade to a lakeview room as it was our first time in Toronto. We both checked in and checked out with her and were impressed with the excellent customer service we were provided with! The Mizzen restaurant staff were also very polite along with the bar staff. One of the operators named Shirley was so helpful on the phone as she took the time to help us with all our questions!

As mentioned below, the hotel is a little dated when it comes to appearance but it makes up for it in service! It is service like this which makes people return back to hotels! It is located in a convenient spot as it has the harbour, the CN tower, ACC and within walking distance to union station! Definitely will return :)

Room Tip: High floor and lakeview!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear mikkipie30,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting such a wonderful review! What you described in yor review is exactly how it should feel for all guests staying at The Westin Harbour Castle.

I am pleased to know that your stay with us was flawless and am glad that you enjoyed your upgraded room and the location of the hotel.

I will be sure to thank Afra and Shirley on your behalf for the outstanding service they delivered!
We look forward to welcoming you back soon!