“Overlooking something”

Ranked #32 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Danville, Pennsylvania
“Overlooking something”
Reviewed 16 July 2014

I am very pleased with the quality of the Weston hotels. I agree with the comments of other visitors, but one important detail is missed. You do not walk from the street level into the hotel. You must drive up to unload car or you will be using many steps. There is no escalator or elevator from the street level. Be prepared. I was very surprised.

1 Thank AdventureLover101
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear AdventureLover101,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting some thoughts on your recent stay.
I am glad to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay. I am sorry our teams did not mention that you can access the hotel from the street level, via the accessible entrance by the ferry building.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.
Tim Reardon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,101)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Ottawa
Reviewed 15 July 2014

I stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle in July with my wife and 2 kids. It is nicely located right on the beautiful harbour conveniently next to the Ferry station. The CN Tower, Rogers Centre, and Ripley’s Aquarium are only a 15 minute walk away.

The view from our room was fantastic as it overlooked Lake Ontario and the harbour with Toronto Island in the short distance. It also features a restaurant atop the north tower with a stunning panoramic view of the city. The service was great; we made a few calls for extra sheets, towels and room service which was quite efficient and friendly.

The hotel staff is very friendly to children. A special mention to Rhey who went above and beyond every morning to make my family, especially my 3 year old, feel very special at the breakfast buffet. It made our experience more memorable.

I just wish there were more family restaurants in the area. I’m surprised there isn’t, considering I’m sure the hotel attracts a fair share of families throughout the year based on its location.

I would definitely stay here again.

Dear Ptype,

Thank you to you and your family for staying with us and for posting such a wonderful review!
I am thrilled to read that you all enjoyed your recent stay and took advantage of our location to explore Toronto.
I will make sure to thank Rhey on your behalf for his outstanding service at the breakfast buffet. Our teams look forward to welcoming you and your family back soon.

Boston, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

I flew into Toronto city airport on Porter air. Westin Hotel close to all major attractions in Toronto.
Rooms and service was great! beautiful view of Lake Ontario from my room. I will stay again when I visit my daughter in the spring.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Paul H,

I trust you enjoyed your recent visit to Toronto and that your daughter is doing well in the city. Thank you for staying with us while visiting her as well as for taking the time to share your thoughts on your recent stay.
I am glad that you enjoyed the amazing views from your room, and that our associates took great care of you.

I look forward to welcoming you back in the spring!
Bloomfield Hills, Michigan
Reviewed 14 July 2014

Westin consistently has awesome beds and clean rooms. We had a room on the 34th floor with a view of the lake. What a way to start a whirlwind tour of Toronto! Our room included the breakfast buffet which also was very good. We will definitely stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a lake view.
Dear Bettycj

Thank you for staying with us and for posting this great review! I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your recent visit!
Our mission at Westin Hotels is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you enjoyed your Westin Heavenly Beds and our amazing views of Lake Ontario!

I look forward to welcoming you back soon.
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

I'm so happy I'm writing this from my room. I am always so pleased when we stay here and this time is no different.

I received exceptional service from Juan at the front desk. He was friendly and courteous and readily offered all the perks of my SPG benefits. We love our 31st floor views!

The location is unbeatable when attending an event at the Air Canada Centre or for any Toronto adventure!

I'll keep coming back. Again & again!

Stayed July 2014
Dear Mélanie R

Thank you for being a loyal guest of our hotel and for taking the time to share your wonderful review. What you describe is exactly how it should feel at Westin Hotels and I am delighted to read that you consistently experience great customer service!

I will make sure to personally thank Juan on your behalf for the outstanding service he delivered! I look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Ajax
Reviewed 12 July 2014 via mobile

Right from the second we entered we felt welcomed. We were offered a free upgrade to a Lakeview room which was amazing. The pool deck was really great and everything was clean and in good repair. Breakfast was really tasty. Overall id say one of yhe best stays in its price range.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Justin M

WOW, what a wonderful review: thank you for sharing it with fellow travelers. At Westin, our mission is to make sure that our guests leave us feeling better than when they arrived and I am pleased that our teams exceeded your expectations!

Thank you again for sharing your kind recommendation. We look forward to welcoming you back soon!
Calgary, Canada
Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

What can you say about a great Westin hotel right on the Toronto waterfront. Close to all the major downtown attractions and the financial district. The food is very good and the service very prompt and friendly.

The heavenly beds are very comfortable and the room i was in was the new Westin design with a well appointed bathroom. I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed July 2014
Dear Andrew B,

I would like to thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share your kind review. From what I read, I understand you truly enjoyed your stay and slept well in your Westin Heavenly Bed. This is exactly how it should feel for all guests staying at Westin Hotels!

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.