“Great Hotel with Fantastic View”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My boyfriend and I stayed here for a night while attending an event in Toronto. It's everything you can expect from a Westin property. Checkin was smooth, we had one of the few rooms with a balcony overlooking the lake, which was nice. I always love the beds at Westin's, this was the case here as well. Fantastic location, short walk to Younge St, CN Tower, Ari Canada Centre etc. I would not hesitate to book this property again when I am back in Toronto.

Room Tip: Rooms above the 6th floor do not have balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Dear Brucie35,

Thank you for staying with us and for posting your review. I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your visit. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that our guests feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you enjoyed our Westin Heavenly Beds and our great location.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto

Reviewed 21 July 2014

A little busy when we first checked in, we were told they would contact me via a phone call when the room was ready, at 6:30 I had to go in and check up on it... apparently it had been available for a while. A bit aggravating but like I said, they were very busy.
Throughout our stay they were professional and courteous and then as I was leaving they went above and beyond by finding the shoes I was searching for and had accidentally left in my room. Thank you so much! If I ever go back to Toronto I will be staying there.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear Lux D,

First, let me thank you for staying with us recently and for posting your review.
I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay. I am sorry to read that you had a disappointing experience at check-in, but I am glad that our teams were able to make up for it throughout the remainder of your stay. Addressing our guests' concerns efficiently and professionally is definitely something we take seriously at the hotel and I thank you for bringing your comments to my attention.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

Visited during the Canada day, view of fireworks in the rooftop bar is awesome! Convenient location, Tim Hortons is just across the street, and 20mins walk to lots of bars. The ferry to the Toronto island is just down stairs.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank phishinghan

Dear phishinghan,

Thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to post your great review. It looks like your Westin experience was flawless and I am really pleased to read that your stay exceeded your expectations.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We spent a night here recently, and had a wonderful stay with our two kids.

Upon arrival we were given a room early (11:30), which was wonderful. Our room was large and had a Harbour view, which kept the kids occupied nicely. The porter promptly brought up our bags. The windows had a slide vent that we could open for fresh air, which is a great feature in a hotel room - I hate it when you can't open a window.

Like all Starwood properties the beds and linens are top notch. The towels are plush and clean.

The washroom was spacious and well lit and well ventilated.

Our room was a little musty when we first arrived. We called down to mention this to the front counter, and within minutes we had an air purifier in the room. Great service.

The parking is pricey, but the hotel is completely transparent about its pricing and the other area options. As per a clearly posted sign, you can park your own car for $35/day or use the valet service for $42.

We took advantage of the pool too, which was wonderful. The kids loved it and it was hopping with kids at 8:30pm. The pool is adjacent to a large balcony and offers a view of both the city and the Island. The pool is lined with lounge chairs and there are a lot of floating toys (noodles etc.) for people to play with. There are towels available (the same ones as in the room), so you don't have to bring your towels from the room. There is a hot tub beside the pool too.

The location is great too (although there is construction at the moment). The hotel is adjacent to the ferry terminal for Toronto Island and Union station is a ten minute walk away. There are lots o shops and restaurants alone Queen's Quay, and a huge liquor store (LCBO) a block away across the road with a great selection of wine and liquor.

We'll stay again!

Room Tip: Ask for a harbour view
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family

Dear Hibiscus99,

What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing it with fellow travellers and for staying with us. Your flawless experience is exactly how it should feel at Westin hotels and I am thrilled to read that you slept well in your Westin Heavenly Bed and enjoyed our amazing views.

I am sorry that you found our parking price a bit high. We do some comparative analysis every quarter with other major four-star hotels in downtown Toronto and feel that we are in line with this pricing but I will certainly keep your feedback in mind and discuss it at our next meeting.

Reviewed 21 July 2014

We recently stayed at the Harbour Castle for my wife's work function. Even though there was a huge line up for check in, they moved it very fast.....our luggage was removed from our car and brought to our room fast and we felt like we were very well treated. The beds are great, amenities are great and even though there is constant construction on Queen's Quay, the hotel does a great job. I would go back and would recommend this hotel to anyone...

Room Tip: We had a beautiful room overlooking the lake on the 15th floor.....loved it
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 July 2014

Dear Brawnetml,
Thank you for staying with us recently during your wife’s work event and for taking the time to post your great review. I am glad that you both slept well in your Westin Heavenly Beds and that you appreciated our amenities. What you describe about the service provided by our teams is wonderful and exactly how it should be for all guests of our hotel.
I look forward to welcoming you both back soon.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

On arrival requested rooms had not been allocated and were not available! Hotel checked us out mid way through stay for no apparent reason. Hotel double charged for first half of stay because of check out mix-up - still waiting repayment. Rooms had fabulous lake views, but decor is dated and tired. Some hotel facilities were not available because of changes being made internally.Front Desk staff, friendly enough but disorganised. Menu in the bar/lounge is very limited and not over-exciting -better value to be had locally. Overall, we were disappointed with this hotel and thought, because of all the additional charges, it represented poor value for money. But it didn't spoil an otherwise great holiday.

Room Tip: Lake view rooms, otherwise city view rooms overlook a massive construction site or the port complex.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank PWJ06

Dear PWJ06

First of all, let me start by thanking you for staying with us and for taking the time to post your review. I am glad that you enjoyed our amazing views. However, I am really sorry that your recent visit was not flawless. What you describe is certainly not the quality and the service that we are famous for at the Westin Harbour Castle and I am taking your comments really seriously as this is very unusual. I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences you mention and can assure you that I will follow up accordingly with the Front Desk team.

In the meantime I would appreciate if you could e-mail me at experienceteam@westin.com with your reservation number and a phone number where I can contact you so that I can personally apologize and further discuss with you. I look forward to connecting with you soon.

Reviewed 19 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights at the beginning of our 3 week holiday to Canada. We had a lovely room overlooking Lake Ontario. The large twin beds were extremely comfortable and the room itself clean and spacious. The hotel was ideally situated for walking round Toronto and only 5 minutes walk from the airport bus stop. The only downside is that there were steep steps up to the hotel entrance which made it a bit difficult when we arrived with heavy suitcases.

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room on a high floor overlooking the lake.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Bartonsunited

Dear Bartonsunited
I’d like to thank you for staying with us and for posting your wonderful review! Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you leave us feeling better than when you arrived and I am thrilled that you slept well in your Westin Heavenly Beds and enjoyed our convenient location.

I hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back soon.