The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
  • Breakfast included
Delta Hotels Toronto(Toronto)
  • Room Service
4,730 results
All reviewstoula restaurantlake viewnorth towertoronto islandslake ontarioheavenly bedvalet parkingair canada centrestarbucks coffeeisland airportharbour frontunion stationself parkhockey hall of famelobby barper nightcorner room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

Arrived an hour and a half after check in and waited almost 20 minutes to sign in. Staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Great amenities. (pool/tennis) Beautiful views of Lake Ontario! Room was "good". The bedskirt on both beds was off coloured (yellowed) and there were permanent dirt marks on the one. Some of the walls were scuffed and even had drip/dirty brown marks on them (no idea what from...ewww)

Excellent spot with so much to do in walking distance. The room itself was a bit of a disappointment though.

• Stayed: August 2014
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 12 August 2014

Dear SpringfieldGal,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am pleased to hear you enjoyed the great views of Lake Ontario, the hotels amenities and the local area. Please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable condition of your guestroom this is certainly not the quality of standard that we are famous for at The Westin Harbour Castle and it really concerns me. I would really appreciate if you could send me an email me at experienceteam@westin.com to further discuss.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review to let us know where we have fallen short in our service delivery and standards.

I look forward to connecting with you,

General Manger

Reviewed 9 August 2014

Westin Harbour Castle: Nice location by the side of Lake Ontario, a 15 minutes walk to the CN tower, Ripley's Aquarium, and Union Station. A lot of construction around the hotel (for a good cause), that will make the streets more pedestrian friendly. Room was nice, comfortable and clean. TV has a few stations that just freeze up (seems to be a problem reported by other clients) The view on the East side is ordinary (lots of condominiums constructions around the hotel). In all: a nice stay, not exceptional but nice.

Room Tip: South view probably the best, as it's on the Toronto island and Ontario Lake.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family

Ben1ottawa,

Thank you for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit. It's nice to hear that were pleased with the scenic area around the hotel with ease of access to the local attractions. We appreciate your understanding in regards to the construction we to are excited for the end result and are looking forward to a beautiful harbour front destination for our guests. I have made note about the challenges with the TV stations and I thank you for letting us know so we can address this problem. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This hotel is in need of a major overhaul. I am a Starwood Gold member. After checking in August 7 2014 I went to my room and thought I was in a run down house. The room was tiny. All the furnishings were scuffed up and scratched. The one lamp on the desk had a lamp shade that was stained with who knows what. It was disgusting. I called the desk and was immediately sent to a much much larger room. Bigger room, same beat up furniture and the bed sheets have holes in them !!! The TV only receives half the cable channels. The rest freeze up and tile. I asked for access to the consignor floor and was told the hotel is old and they don't have a lounge. Really? This is how a Gold Preferred was treated. Good luck everyone else. PS. There is a refrigerator in the room that doesn't work. When I called the front desk I was told none of them work in the hotel and they are removing them. Lol.

Room Tip: Try another hotel
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steven W

Dear Steven W

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us recently and for your review. What you describe in your review is certainly not the quality of standard that we are proud of and it concerns me that we didn’t exceed your expectations please accept my sincere apologies for the unacceptable condition of your guestroom. In the meantime, I would really appreciate if you could send me an email me at experienceteam@westin.com to further discuss.

I look forward to connecting with you,

General Manger

Reviewed 7 August 2014

This hotel is located perfectly - on the waterfront, quick walk to the ACC and everything else. The view is amazing, there are both grassy areas and benches to enjoy the waterfront and tons of things to do. The hotel is clean, comfortable and inviting. The staff are super helpful, they are pet friendly and provide/ set up a down doggie bed, pet bowls and mat. We needed an extra cot and the staff were very accommodating in delivery, set up etc
Couldn't ask for a better stay:)

Room Tip: The rooms facing the harbour have an amazing view
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Missy M
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Dear Missy M,

Thank you for posting such a wonderful review of the hotel I’m happy to hear that the team exceeded your expectations during your stay. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and this goes for our four legged guests as well it’s nice to hear that the Heavenly dog bed was enjoyed and appreciated. We are very lucky to have such spectaculars views of Lake Ontario to share with our guests with a family and pet friendly neighborhood. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you all back soon and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.

Reviewed 7 August 2014

We thoroughly enjoyed spending the last 5 days of July at The Westin Harbour Castle. With a room facing the lake, we saw cruise ships, sail boats, party boats, water taxis, and lots of ferry boats since the Ferry Terminal is next to the hotel. We even saw small planes entering Toronto's smaller airport. We were on the 32nd floor, so we're not bothered by noise. Adjacent to the hotel is a lovely park, and nearby is Queen's Quai with many lakeside festivals and restaurants with outdoor dining. All of this is a total contrast to the other side of the street which is torn up with construction, as is much of downtown. We loved the view from our room; it felt like a resort! As other reviews have mentioned, the bed is the most comfortable of hotel beds anywhere! Personnel were friendly and helpful. A Room Service Server named Haile even treated us to an elegant dessert our last night. The pool is large and full of kids (very family friendly). I was pleased to even find a steam room and sauna in the Ladies' Room. We often ate a nutritious breakfast at the Lobby Srarbucks which was much less expensive than the dining room. I also agree with other reviews that a hotel of this calibre should not charge to use the Internet in rooms, and should provide a mini refrigerator. Overall, we love this hotel and look forward to another visit!

Room Tip: Request a room facing the lake, and on a higher floor.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Chiang18,

First of all, let me thank you for staying with us recently and for taking the time to share some thoughts on your recent visit. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the spectacular views of Lake Ontario and got acquainted with our great neighborhood. Our mission at Westin is to make sure that you feel better when you leave than when you arrived and I am delighted that you enjoyed our Westin Heavenly Beds and weren’t disturbed at all by all the action outside. I will make sure to thank Haile on your behalf for the outstanding service he provided you on your last evening. At Westin, we are taking our valued guests' comments seriously and it is due to feedback like yours that we can keep improving our services. Notes have been taken on your comment about internet and the mini refrigerator which we will discuss at our next meeting. . I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back sometime soon and hope you enjoy the rest of the summer.