We got a lake view junior suite on the 24th floor and it was an amazing view during the day.
The price is high (for everything) but if you know this going in then it may be worth it. Note that the entire Queens Quay waterfront is under construction (streets and buildings) and it looks and sounds like it all the time now and for the foreseeable future.
The room itself was clean, smelled good, and spacious but the bathroom was small, there was no fridge, and an exorbitant fee for wifi / internet access (this should be standard in just about any hotel, especially a "luxury" hotel like this).
Many big hotels seem to be insisting on only the bellmen using the luggage carts, so that is an added expense in and out that we were not informed of in advance (and a hassle when you have a car full of stuff for 5 people for 2 weeks).
My angst was with parking. We were told on the phone in advance that self parking was available for $30 per night but not told this was a few blocks away and that the only parking at the hotel was $45 per night plus tip in and out for valet parking, and no suggestions for alternatives.
I found the Toronto Green P lots and mobile App easy to use (though no in-n-out on the same ticket) and parked the car for 2 full days at the 2 Church street lot a few blocks away for $29 total!
The building is old but relatively well updated. Proximity to the island ferry is great. The indoor pool area was great.
I think I'd rather stay at one of the hotels on or near King street next time, since that is where all of the restaurants and other activities were located.
Lastly, if you make your reservation anywhere other that with the hotel directly, I suggest double checking with the hotel that the details of the reservation are actually received at the hotel. We reserved a King bed and pull out queen sofa bed for 2 adults and 3 kids and arrived to find no sofa bed (they kindly brought up a roll away double bed without charging their normal $50 per night fee).
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto. Our downtown Toronto hotel is located on the vibrant waterfront of Lake Ontario, where you can enjoy Toronto's seasonal events. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travelbag, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your The Westin Harbour Castle reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Westin Harbour Castle Hotel Toronto
- Westin Hotel Toronto
- Westin Toronto
- Westin Harbor Castle Hotel Toronto
- Toronto Westin
- Westin Harbour Castle Toronto