“Amazing lake view”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Arlington, Virginia
“Amazing lake view”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We got a lake view junior suite on the 24th floor and it was an amazing view during the day.

The price is high (for everything) but if you know this going in then it may be worth it. Note that the entire Queens Quay waterfront is under construction (streets and buildings) and it looks and sounds like it all the time now and for the foreseeable future.

The room itself was clean, smelled good, and spacious but the bathroom was small, there was no fridge, and an exorbitant fee for wifi / internet access (this should be standard in just about any hotel, especially a "luxury" hotel like this).

Many big hotels seem to be insisting on only the bellmen using the luggage carts, so that is an added expense in and out that we were not informed of in advance (and a hassle when you have a car full of stuff for 5 people for 2 weeks).

My angst was with parking. We were told on the phone in advance that self parking was available for $30 per night but not told this was a few blocks away and that the only parking at the hotel was $45 per night plus tip in and out for valet parking, and no suggestions for alternatives.

I found the Toronto Green P lots and mobile App easy to use (though no in-n-out on the same ticket) and parked the car for 2 full days at the 2 Church street lot a few blocks away for $29 total!

The building is old but relatively well updated. Proximity to the island ferry is great. The indoor pool area was great.

I think I'd rather stay at one of the hotels on or near King street next time, since that is where all of the restaurants and other activities were located.

Lastly, if you make your reservation anywhere other that with the hotel directly, I suggest double checking with the hotel that the details of the reservation are actually received at the hotel. We reserved a King bed and pull out queen sofa bed for 2 adults and 3 kids and arrived to find no sofa bed (they kindly brought up a roll away double bed without charging their normal $50 per night fee).

Stayed August 2014
2 Thank Blaine_McLaughlin
GeneralManagerWestin, General Manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 28 August 2014
Dear Blaine M,

Thank you posting your review on your recent stay. We appreciate your patients on the City construction project along the Harbourfront area we are excited for the end result and I’m sure you will be please as well. It’s great to hear that you and your family were able to enjoy the pool during your stay. I appreciate your comments about our internet services we are currently working on restructuring our packages and hope to be launching it soon. Again thank you for posting your comments we view all feedback as a gift.

I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Tim Reardon

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,065)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2014

I had recently stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle in Toronto Ontario. I must say that my wife and kids did not want to leave the hotel. From the initial greeting at the front doors, to the very friendly registration staff and the countless other employees of the establishment, everyone made us feel right at home. The corner suite facing south was a real treat. Overlooking Centre island and the island airport illustrated a terrific view of the other beauty of Toronto. The room was immaculate along with everything inside. One thing each traveller must experience is their beds and mattresses. I've been here a few times and each time I enjoy the best nights sleep ever! They are super comfortable and 8 hours some how doesn't feel enough! Waking up to an incredible breakfast, hot and fresh just topped off our stay and started the next day just right!

Do yourselves and favour and reserve a night at the Westin Harbour. Right downtown, tons to do inside and around the property and definitely, you will not be sorry.

Eric E

Room Tip: South Facing rooms overlooking the water is great!
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear Eric E,

Thank you for posting this wonderful review of your recent stay with us. We certainly did deliver on our promise of ensuring our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. I’m delighted to hear that our associates made you feel welcome and cared for during your stay. Our Heavenly Beds are just that and it’s great to hear that you were able to sleep well and yes they are hard to leave in the morning. Hope I have the opportunity to welcome you back soon and enjoy the rest of your summer.

prudhoe
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

You can get dropped off outside by bus from airport which is a bonus.
Hotel covers two 38 floor towers but never felt really busy.
great pool on floor 5 to relax in
Big rooms which were clean and we had great views.
The hotel is right beside ferry to Toronto islands as well.

Room Tip: higher the better to get away from street level.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear eleanorferguson,

Thank you for posting this review of your recent stay with us. I’m delighted to hear that enjoyed the hotel along with the great views of Lake Ontario. I believe this is how it should feel.
I look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back sometime in the near future.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at this hotel in July 2014.

Check-in was fast and prompt. They let you know about making a green choice by not having your room clean each day, and if you decide to go ahead you get either $5.00 F&B credit or 500 star points.

The room was nicely appointed and was facing Toronto Island and you could see all the planes arriving into Toronto Island Airport which was very cool and very much enjoyed the great views from my room. They give you two complementary bottles of water in your room which was very much appreciated. The beds are comfortable, and have the usual Westin bed linen which is quite comfortable. I could not hear any noise from outside of the room, or from any rooms next to me. Room service is rather on the expensive side when you consider all the extra taxes and service fee on already hotel inflated prices, so did not have any on this trip.

The hotel lobby is somewhat dated, and their not a lot of sitting space if you need to wait for someone. However their is a starbucks and a lobby bar in reception area.

Hotel location is a bit of long walk to the subway, not a problem in the summer, but would be problematic in the winter as it get very cold. The ferry to Toronto island is just outside the hotel so very handy if that where your heading to.

All in all the hotel is what I expect from a Westin hotel, good value for money with comfortable beds.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear HighFlyer27_UK,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. It’s great to hear that you enjoyed the views and were not bothered by any noise in and around your room. You’ll be happy to know that soon we will be but 145 steps away from being fully connected to PATH system which will make walking to and from the Union station and Subway great all year round. I’m please we were able to deliver on our promise of ensuring our guests leave feeling better than when they arrived. I look forward to welcoming back soon.

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

I checked in late afternoon. I had booked through a third party site, initially had a hard time finding my reservation. That was resolved quickly and the staff was very friendly.
The room was very clean and comfortable.
There was no central light switch you had to manually turn on every light- not really inconvenient but when unfamiliar with the layout walking in at night would be difficult.

The fan was very loud I had to turn it off, which made the room quite stuffy.
I had an accident with the door causing my foot to swell, and ended up staying in the room for the night.
I had to continually get ice-the machine was right across the hall, so was convenient but may have been the noise I kept hearing. The ice was very watery so led to multiple pain filled trips.

I thought I would enjoy the tv, did not get great reception. Personally tightened the cable which helped.
I was in an eastern facing room in the south tower. I kept hearing loud bass from music throughout the night. I have a feeling it was coming from the guverment entertainment complex, but it may have been from another room. I was near a room full of females because I could hear them squealing when they got back to their room at 3am.

To wrap up the hotel and service was great, but was very loud so did not enjoy my stay.

Room Tip: Would like to try a room in the other tower. Or at least on the west side. Might be quieter.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Dear mm883,

Thank you for posting this review. It’s great to hear that our associates made you feel welcome and cared for during your stay. Its concerning to me that you had a number of challenges with noise and the television was not up to standard. I have forwarded on your comments to our Engineering team to look into and resolve the issue so no future guest encounters these challenges. I appreciate your feedback and I sincerely apologize for the inconveniences that you faced.

Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review to let us know where we have fallen short in our service delivery and standards.

Milford
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed with husband and teenage daughter for a long weekend to site see and catch the Tigers play the Blue Jays. Hotel is in a great location, easy walk to many of sites, train station, etc. Nice view of the lake. Room was clean and well appointed. We ate in the hotel restaurant one night and had excellent food and service. Would stay again.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear sharmonb,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I’m delighted to hear that you and your family had a renewing stay with us. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future.

Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2014

We wanted to be in the action in Toronto, but did not want to be in the center, this is a great location, the views of the harbor are wonderful. Five minute walk to the CN Tower, and The Blue Jays (Rogers Stadium) The area is under MAJOR construction, revitalization, so don't bother using your car, parking at eh hotel is a little pricey, but you can go in and out all day if you want, we opted to walk everywhere. They have a great gym and pool to relax in. Rooms were beautiful. We stayed on 18th floor, ask to face the water if you like that kind of view.

Room Tip: Up to your taste I asked for a high water view, and you overlook the beautiful harbor. The front de...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
Dear MikeR2011,

Thank you for the great review. I’m delighted you enjoyed your stay which is exactly what we strive for at the Westin ensuring our guests feel better when they leave then when they arrived. It’s great to hear you enjoyed the hotel and our great neighborhood. We appreciate your patients with the local city construction we are keeping our eye on the end result which will just enhance the Harbour front area. I hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back soon.