“Wonderful!”

Ranked #32 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Savannah, Georgia
“Wonderful!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 March 2009

My husband and I went to visit the Toronto Artexpo and stayed at the Westin Harbour Castle for two nights. It really lived up to our expectations. Very beautiful and comfortable with great service.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank antoine321

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,063)
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Markham
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2009

Picked this up for valentines off one of the blind sites for $66. The parking however was $40 but other than that no complaints. The rooms were clean and well appointed, the staff was attentive. A difinate redo.

Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
Geneva, Switzerland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2009

The best thing about this hotel is the heavenly bed, but other service failures made the stay would have been below par. We received a wonderful smiling welcome from Laura, but the room was missing components, the lobby in under renovation and our room (north tower east facing) suffered from noise from the elevator shaft which was only quiet between 3 ~ 5AM and never did get that light bulb replaced....

• Stayed February 2009, travelled on business
WestinToronto, manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 17 April 2009
To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.I reviewed your comments regarding your stay with us at the Westin harbour Castle. We do take all comments seriously and appreciate all the feedback we can get. We share our comments with our staff, so we may resolve any and all issues. Again, thank you for the comments, which will help us in our ongoing efforts to improve our service.
Westin Harbour Castle
Montreal
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 March 2009

I read there was valet + self parking available : after a long drive, I finally arrived to the hotel, to be told the self service parking was 2 blocks away. It is -5 C, and I'm wearing high heels. The parking is an outdoor one. I'm suppose to walk, and then leave my car outside for 3 days and hope no one smash a window meanwhile ? It was this, or use their 40.00$ per day valet service. Total of 120.00$ just for parking. What a start!

After checking-in, I ask for one key and told them I'm by myself. I get to my room to find 2 Queen beds, no sitting area except for a chair crammed between the window and one of the beds (1.5 inches of space on each side). Mmmm. That's gonna be a long 3 days.

My room being connected with the 2 rooms next to it, even if the connecting doors are shut and locked, I can still VERY clearly hear everything they say on the other side + everyone who walks in the hall!

The room is nicely decorated, with up to date facilities. The bathroom is big and well equipped (although I wake up the entire floor when I flush the toilet, it is extremely loud!!)

Compared to the Intercontinental (Front or Bloor) and the Le Germain, this hotel was a disappointment to me. I will not repeat.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business
WestinToronto, manager at The Westin Harbour Castle, responded to this review, 1 April 2009
To whom it may concern,

Thank you for your feedback and taking the time to post your comments.

Westin Harbour Castle
Dallas, TX
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2009

We really enjoyed our stay at the Westin Harbour Castle hotel. Everything from the lobby to the rooms was just beautiful. The rooms were very clean and modern! We were on the 17th floor and had a view of the harbour and at night we had the view of the CN Tower changing colors. We traveled with our two sons (6&8) they enjoyed the pool. It was close enough to be able to walk to downtown area!

• Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
1 Thank padilladora
London, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2009

My wife and I priceline.com'd two nights at the Westin Harbour Castle Hotel in Toronto over the Valentine's Day weekend. While parking was expensive, we parked in a nearby surface lot for $10 per day instead of valet which was $40. We were checked in almost immeadiately, and recieved a beautiful 22nd floor room overlooking the harbour with a flat screen TV and King Bed. The room was very comfortable and nice.

The service was good too. We asked them to clean our room after accidentally leaving our 'Do Not Disturb' sign on all day and they cleaned it at our request at 9:30 p.m.

The hotel was under renovations, but we heard no drilling and all the amenities were available as advertised. Furthermore, the location was great, easy walking to all of downtown and a 5 minute walk from the Subway.

All in all I would recommend this hotel to my friends and family as a solid 4-star in downtown Toronto.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Jeeter
New York City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2009

I booked a room through Hotwire and was happy I scored a Westin Property. I then reading the reviews on this site and regretted doing so as many reviewers complained about get substandard rooms when booking through priceline and hotwire, and also many complained about the ongoing renovations and service at the hotel.

I arrived at 6am, way ahead of the 3pm check-in. Not only did the receptionist check me in, I was given a great room on the 32nd floor with both City and Lake views. I was very gratefull for this!

The room was large, and had a Flat screen TV. The bathroom was also large with many towels and toiletries.

The health club was great, lots of cardio machines, and several weight machines.

The only evidence of the renovation was the sound of drilling and hammering off the Lobby.
Although a 10 minute walk from the subway, there was very little in resturants nearby,

My only complaint was that they charged $19.00 for Internet service, and I was told there was free interent access in the Lobby. However the two times I attemped, I could not get on to the internet.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends