“Near Union station, nice gym/pool facilities”

The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto
Ranked #28 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 24 February 2011

This hotel is right on the water in Toronto. It has really nice gym and pool facilities with a hot tub and sauna, I quite enjoyed it.
It's around 2 blocks from Union station, so you can get anywhere on the subway.
Would be an ideal location for ACC events.
Rooms were fine, standard Westin, so nice enough.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
westcherie, Director of Sales at The Westin Harbour Castle, Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 March 2011

Good morning Paul & Nadene,

It is such a pleasure to hear that you were able to take advantage of our Westin Workout facilities during your stay. The services we offer were designed to leave you feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.

We hope you enjoyed exploring the city by way of the subway, and hope to see you on your return visit to Toronto.

-The Westin Harbour Castle Team

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Upon check-in the service was friendly but my reservation wasn't kept. I had reserved a terrace room w/double beds a couple weeks before my arrival but instead they told me that due to how busy the hotel was I had to get a terrace room w/one king. So, why did I make the reservation for?

Also, I had requested a fridge and microwave the day before over the phone and I felt that should have been in the room prior to my arrival, but we had to wait for it. I told the rep at the front and then I had to call the front desk again later before I received them, as well as a roll-away bed for the other guest in my room (since my reservation wasn't kept).

I was given a guest of the day package which included free vouchers for internet and breakfast, which was nice. But, the front desk rep forgot to give it to me and they had to deliver that also to my room, after I called the front desk.

The breakfast had a great selection except the breakfast meats were all under one buffet dish, which isn't good for those with religious sensitivities (ex: chicken and pork in the same dish). Also, the almond croissants were too close to the butter ones, and this could bother people with nut allergies.

And $9.60 for a Corona? Am I getting served in a gold cup? What about $40 valet? Are they cleaning my car and doing an oil change? Lucky for me I got dropped off.

On a positive note, the hotel and rooms were very clean, no bed bugs or vermin, with comfy (but not exceptional) beds and furniture. The balcony was a nice addition.

I feel that the value of this hotel is OK, but I have stayed in cheaper hotels and have received better value. Well, a semi-long weekend on the lake downtown...what can you expect, right?

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank HutPrince

Hello there!

We are pleased to hear that you were able to comfortably recharge in our heavenly guestrooms during your stay with us. Your feedback is greatly appreciated and that is why I would like to personally get in touch with you at your convenience. I look forward in continuing this dialogue when time permits on your end. I am only an email away.

-Westin Harbour Castle Team

Reviewed 21 February 2011

We stayed at the Westin 2 nights and had an enjoyable stay. The rooms are clean and the bed was very comfy. We had a lake/street view. It is near Air Canada Centre where we went to Bon Jovi concert and hockey game and in walking distance to Eaton's shopping centre (app.20 min walk). The location was perfect. We booked through Hotwire ($115 per night) and was certainly worth it. Service was great!!

Hello there,

Spectacular! We have heard how amazing that concert was. We are delighted to hear that your 2 day experience with us was a special one. You were able to take advantage of so many of the great things Toronto has to offer.

We look forward in welcoming you back on your return visit to the city. PS: If ever you're heading to another concert in the city be sure to look into our concert rate.

-Kiesha

Reviewed 16 February 2011

I bid on Priceline and got it for $115 per night. I stayed for 5 nights. it was good location, good service, clean rooms. 4 star worthy. valet parking $40per night was very steep. as was the self park at $25 per night. overall, great experience. 3 min walk to street car which leads to subway. also very close to stadium.

don't pay more than $115 per night.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends

Hello there,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay with us. It is truly a pleasure to hear that you were well cared for and left feeling satisfied.

We look forward in warmly welcoming you back to our hotel on your return visit to the city.

-Westin Harbour Castle

Reviewed 15 February 2011

The hotel was great. We went for a Hockey game and it was right by the arena. The view from the room was good and the bar at the top was amazing. You could go for dinner but we just wanted to have a drink and see the view of the city. I would warn not to eat at the cafe very expensive and just ok food. It was not that far of a walk from the down town activities and right by the train station and the sports complex.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 February 2011

Its is really difficult to fault this hotel and their staff. Apart from the noisy heating/aircon unit it is difficult to find any other faults. Not only did they upgrade our room from a std room to a deluxe corner lake view room (after mentioning that it was my 40th Birthday during our stay) but they also gave us a complimentary bottle of decent red wine, fresh fruit and 2 tickets to the Hockey Hall of Fame on the day. The conciege Joe was very helpful in booking our trips and generally helping us with any questions and David for providing the complimentary gifts (see above). Location is superb for Toronto Island, the Air Canada centre ( a Maple Leafs game is a must ) and for the CN Tower. The room was very spacious and the bed was very very comfy. Could not recommend this hotel any more highly and will definately visit again. We stayed for 7 nights but did not want to leave.

Reviewed 14 February 2011

Stayed one night, clean room ,fair size. Checkin person was very pleasant & helpful, got a good price on Travelzoo so all was good. The only thing a little strange is that the entrance to the hotel is elevated and about 100 feet back from the street and you have to walk up about 50 stairs or go up the car ramp. If your going to the ACC ( which we were) it's perfect as you can walk it in about 20 minutes. Upon checking out the room as we arrived I noticed that ther e was no robe hanging on the hanger that said "enjoy this robe" so I called down and housekeeping had one there in about 5 minutes... PDQ.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends