“Very nice” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Toronto

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Hilton Toronto
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
FERGUS
“Very nice”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 April 2012

Nice hotel. We went to be on city line, and it was very convenient. There is a charge for parking, but not bad for the city $25. Room was nice.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 1 May 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thanks for staying with us! We hope that you will visit us again soon!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I go to Toronto for business once in a while. Hiton Toronto is my preferred hotel and it is close to my office. However, my last week's stay was a let-down. My room was not well maintained: flickering table lamp, noisy shower, and the Internet was so slow that I couldn't do VOIP - I have to revert to Blackberry for my conference calls. Their front desk also routed my colleague's call, from his wife, to another room - and yes a woman picked up. We had a good laugh, but it would be a disaster. For the rate that they are charging, I expect more attention to the details.

Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Lo1o
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us and please do accept our most sincere apologies for such a disappointing experience!

This is certainly not the level of accommodation or service that you should expect from our team and your review will be shared with our Operations Departments in detail to ensure this type of experience is not repeated. I do hope that you had the opportunity to share these comments with us while you were in the hotel so that the specific room and team members invovled could be coached with specific examples of the short falls. We do consider feedback and "gift" and I always encourage our guests to share this information with us while in the hotel so that we may provide "real time" and specific response where appropriate.

I do hope that this islolated experience will not prevent you from choosing to stay with us in the future. If I can be of personal assistance with your future bookings, I would invite you to contact my office directly.

Toronto, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed for a night in Toronto. Great central location. Very nice, large room with the most comfortable bed I have ever slept in. We really enjoyed the pool, it is a unique large indoor/outdoor with a view of the CN Tower.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We completely agree that the "Hilton Serenity Collection" bed is one of the most comfortable in the industry! I guess we know where you will be staying from now on....!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!

New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

The Hilton Toronto is located in the Financial District in Toronto. The hotel is in a perfect location. There are tons of restaurants and bars around, the subway is close, and it's a quick walk to the waterfront.

The room was spacious and clean when I first arrived. However, after my first night the staff did a poor job tidying up my room and making up my bed. The concierge however was extremely helpful and the front desk was very accommodating.

I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: Try to get a room on a higher floor. The view of the city is fantastic!
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that your overall experience met your expectations! We will be sure to review your comments with our Housekeeping Team as a reminder of the importance of "tidying" our occupied rooms on a daily basis!

We appreciate your business and hope that you will vist us again soon!

Sudbury, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Wonderful hotel with great customer service. They have the BEST breakfast buffet I have ever seen!

Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for staying with us! I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back again in the very near future! Breakfast is one of the most important meals of the day.....visit Tundra as often as you can!

Ontario
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

Stayed in a king alcove suite on the 29 th floor. Tried and in need of renovating. We stayed on a wagjag deal so I suspect we were given a basic room. Very nice hotel and the buffet breakfast was superb.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us! Indeed our 29th floor is slated for refurbishment within the next few months....in fact, we are currently designing an entirely new room that will be installed in Q4 of this year. We do have Junior Suites available on every floor throughout the hotel....a request to be in a "renovated area" is certainly possible (subject to availability) on any visit. I hope that we will have the chance to welcome you back to the hotel to experience either our currently renovated areas, or perhaps our newly renovated floors later this year.

Gatineau, QC, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 April 2012

I just stayed this weekend at the Hilton Toronto for quick night as I was moving back the remainder of my personal belongings from the part-time apartment I had in the city for two years. Therefore, it had been a while since I had had the need to stay in a hotel in Toronto, but we thought we'd enjoy a little night on the town one last time so I decided to give the Hilton Toronto a second chance after a pretty awful stay back in 2009 (I believe it was 2009). I had been so dissapointed last time, I flocked last summer when I had friends over but no room to entertain to the Hilton Garden City Centre and found it extremely nice but I do enjoy having to access to the Executive lounge and I must say the Hilton's gym and pool are much nicer (and bigger, bigger is better in this case!), so due pretty good rates last weekend, I booked it.

It is true, last time I stayed, it was a tough time for the travel industry but it seems now that business is back, the Hilton Toronto is also finally back in business. I was checked-in the very nice duty manager Friday night around 9, and unfortunately, I cannot recall her name, but she did mention while we were just joking (I have a funny last name...) that she was from Barbados and I must say it was one of the easiest and friendliest check-in I've had in a chain hotel in a long time, a very charming and personable person indeed. Please send her my kind words of appreciation. I was happy to see some familar faces also at the front desk, and it is always a good sign when your staff turnover rate is low, means they're happy usually and I could feel it this time. Same can be said about the night associate working the Executive lounge, we were too late for canapés but he encouraged me to bring back some cookies down to my room (I did) and what a nice suggestion, they were a delight of softness, yum (and calories ;) !

My Hhonors preferences were honoured and room location was perfect even though unfortunately, got a south-facing room which has a limited view due to surrounding towers which isn't their fault. Very nice rooms, much more spacious than the neighboring Sheraton in my opinion, comfy beds but especially soft linens and pillows. I have a wonderful bed at home but I don't know where Hilton buys that stuff but man, those are comfy feather pillows and duvets! My travel partner said she slept like a baby. Love the new Peter Thomas Roth products. Two little things though, although I've noticed drastic improved in housekeeping, we did find a rather long hair in the tub before either of us took a shower and it was pretty obvious. The rest of the bathroom and the room was very clean so no issues, but I wish the housekeeper had noticed it. Also, the individual little LED reading lights integrated to the headboard were both unplugged (thought they were out-of-order) until I noticed and replugged them.

Otherwise, the lobby is still a nice wide-opened space and has been well-maintained. Add some lounge music a little louder and you'd think you've just checked in at the W. Not that I would but it wouldn't deter me from staying there. The Barristers lounge which was closed back in 2009 (or so it seemed) has reopened and is a nice alternative to the more expensive Tundra. Concierge seemed to be more consistently staffed and greeted us along with the porters upon returning to the hotel. Breakfast offerings in the lounge are your standard Hilton north american fare. I do wish they offered the option of having the full buffet in Tundra like some other properties for a little extra (usually $5-10) do, when I asked at the front desk, I was told that was not possible. They now have WiFi in the rooms and it worked fine.

A small, but tiny little other thing: Tissues in public washrooms please? It was cold this Saturday and it's always nice after check-out when you can no longer use your room to find a tissue box in the lobby bathroom for that runny nose! That's totally nitpicking but I've noticed it in Holiday Inns, Hyatts and other Hiltons.

I will be back soon in the summer and I encourage you to enjoy it too!

Overall, many improvements and I would now return and recommend it without a doubt

Room Tip: North-facing rooms have a less obstructed view but you will not however see the CN tower.
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for taking the time to share your thoughtful comments with us! We will be sure to share all of your feedback with our teams as part of our ongoing committment to customer experience. I'm very pleased to know that you have found improvements throughout the hotel and that we will continue to be your hotel of choice in downtown Toronto!

We look forward to seeing you again soon!