“Very Nice”

Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Toronto, Canada
“Very Nice”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2012

Good hotel, clean, nice staff.
Clean pool. Tundra food staff was excelent.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 24 May 2012
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are pleased to knw that you enjoyed your experience and we hope to see you again soon!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Leamington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

We spent two nights on Victoria Day weekend here and really enjoyed it. Location was great for shopping , dining and also a short walk to Rogers Center to see the Jays. Close to subway also a bonus. We arrived at 1:30 pm and our room was waiting for us. Front desk staff were friendly and very fast. Our King room was a good size and very clean. Bed was very comfortable. The shower had more than enough water pressure and was large in size compared to other downtown hotels we frequent. We got a good price for our stay and will be looking to stay here again. Only thing I would like to see is free wireless connection even if it was in the Lobby.

Room Tip: Rooms with a higher last 2 numbers are farther away form elevators and ice/soda machines. Eg. 1801 n...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your holiday weekend "getaway" in Toronto! As a quick note, we are pleased to provide complimentary computer internet access in the lobby area via a number of computer stations that have been allocated for guest use. WiFi is also complimentary throughout the hotel for Hilton Honors Diamond & Gold members - a great reason to join our loyalty program and just a small example of the many benefits of membership!

We hope that you will continue to visit us whenever your travels bring you to Toronto!

Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 May 2012

This was one of the last hotels we stayed in at the end of a busy trip to the USA and Canada. I had stayed here about 7 years ago too. Service at the bar and restaurant was friendly, courteous and they often provided humourous chit chat which was refreshing after all our travel. We did use the Exec Lounge - terrific view. People we met with there loved it too. Room was comfortable, maybe a little worn in places and needed a dab of paint in places as with the bathroom. Perhaps a little pricey but then again this is downtown Toronto. Great walking to some very good restaurants which were recommended by local friends. Pretty good if we compare it to the Waldorf Astoria and also the Hilton at LAX where we also stayed.

Room Tip: Good idea to use the Exec Lounge...And take one of the scenic elevators to give you a look of the do...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
Calgary, Alberta
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Hilton. The location was perfect - walking distance to everything you need and many major attractions and shopping. My room was on the 31st floor with the most amazing view of the CN Tower - perfect at night as I could see it beautifully lit from my bed. The windows were dirty which was a bummer. I'm from Canada as well so know the havoc rain and snow from winter can leave on windows, but expected them to be a bit cleaner for May. The room was large and had a really big comfy chair that I used all the time. The bathroom was a little small, but had a lot of counter space and I liked having a wall mirror. There was no fan in the bathroom, but they used something on the mirror so it wouldn't fog. The tv was great, I loved the extra light feature around the bed if I wanted to read, and the bed was SO COMFY! I am so picky with beds and pillows but slept amazing every night. I spent most of my time outside of the hotel, so didn't use the gym or the pool so can't comment on those.

Overall, I was really impressed and I would stay here again no question.

Room Tip: Request a room away from the elevator and on a higher floor.
Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and had a great stay! We appreciate your feedback regarding the window washing schedule - it is always a challenge to assign the most appropriate date in our Canadian climate. In fact, the window washing is being completed as we speak to ensure that great view is not interupted in any way!

We appreciate your patronage and do hope that we will see you again soon!

Vancouver
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

awesome pool , awesome restaurant located in the lobby. Great room and a super comfortable bed.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your business and we hope to see you again soon!

Ottawa, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2012

Everything about this hotel was pretty standard, with interior decor falling behind new trends. Customer service not the greatest. Scenic elevators are great. For its standard rate absolutely not worth it, but we got it at a good discount, so we find it okay for the price we paid. Overall met our expectations but failed to exceed them.

STANDARD ROOMS: not large. Ours had dark brownish wallpaper both in the room and the bathroom, which I hope the hotel is planning on replacing soon for something in cooler and brighter shades to bring it more to style. The bed was comfortable. The room featured a desk, which was handy. There was also an in-room safe. Under the coffee bar was a small cabinet with a space for a fridge, but there was no fridge. Odd. Would be nice to have one. We had a room on 17th floor, north facing with a nice view, definitely our favourite feature of this room, but windows DIRTY!

The heating system was not working properly. Even when we set up the thermostat to +24 degrees the fan was still blowing cold air. Not acceptable.

BATHROOM: very nice but very small. I appreciate there were no ceramic tiles. Brown wallpaper should go.

INTERNET: decent, but if you have to pay extra, it makes the hotel appear as greedy (given the steep standard rate).

PARKING: self public parking would cost you around $30 overnight, but it’s convenient and offers elevators directly to the Hilton Lobby.

POOL: SMALL and not inviting.

LOCATION: decent, close to Eaton Centre, less than 10 minute walk from CN tower. If interested, Tim Hortons is on the corner of Richmond and Simcoe, Starbucks on every corner of every block around the hotel

HOUSEKEEPING: nice and friendly. Does really good job.

CUSTOMER SERVICE: I usually pre-test hotels by placing special requests and see how they are being handled. Excellent hotels would try to accommodate special requests as much as possible. In case of Hilton Toronto, I sent an e-mail with my special requests twice (week after week) but got no response so I had to go through the management to receive a response. The request was for a higher floor room with 2 double beds and south facing. I was informed they cannot give me a room with 2 beds but would fulfill my other wishes. We received a room on 17th floor, NORTH facing, but the view was good so we did not argue. Front desk staff was cold and formal. Needless to say, the customer service was below my expectations.

Room Tip: Our room was on 17th floor north facing and we liked the view.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank prudenttrav
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us! We will certainly share them with our team and utilize them for future renovations to the hotel and to coach our customer service team members. Our goal is meet and exceed the expectations of all customers - please do accept our most sincere apologies that your time with us did not allow us to do so.

As your experience is not typical of the great service and acommodations for which our hotel is well known, I do hope that you will provide us another opportunity to be of service should your future travel plans bring you to Toronto.

Sao Paulo, SP
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2012

Terrible service, smelly carpet in the rooms, no minibar in any of the rooms, noisy, full of youngsters and bums.

Room Tip: there is no minibar in the rooms some are next to the elevator, you may want to avoid that they al...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Luciano C
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Please do accept our apologies that your experience with us was not up to the usual high standards to which our team aspires. I do hope that you had the opportunity to share your comments regarding the carpet condition with our team while in the hotel so that our Housekeeping Management could address the issue immediately. Although minibars were removed from all Hilton hotels as a brand standard several years ago, we are pleased to advise that a small refrigerator will be installed in all guest rooms throughout the hotel over the coming months.

I do hope that this isolated experience will not prevent you from visiting us again should your travel plans bring you to Toronto.