“One of the best Hilton properties in a large N. American city”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #36 of 133 Hotels in Toronto
Cleveland, Ohio
“One of the best Hilton properties in a large N. American city”
Reviewed 9 December 2013

My room was upgraded and it was a big room, quiet, Wi-Fi was good, bathroom was quite large - overall very clean and better than the typical Hilton property you'd see in NYC (Ave of the Americas Hilton is awful, the dated Hilton Chicago, or other locations). The executive lounge was nice as well, but I only used it for a soda that evening and did not stop for breakfast. I only have one real qualm - there were no outlets near the bed, which resulted in me placing my iPhone, which I use as an alarm, on the other side of the room. I would also say my room service meal was average - the salad was not exciting, but the pasta was better.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank CLEShawn
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 17 December 2013
Dear CLEShawn,
Thank you for your feedback! We are currently working on a solution to the lack of outlets near the beds in some of our guestrooms. It was certainly an oversight from the previous renovation.
Director of Operations

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (514)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Second stay in this hotel. Clean and comfortable. Convenient location. I didn't use any facility of the hotel. But the room is good. They have nice shower and comfortable bed. Good enough for a short business trip.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank vivianyyyang
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 13 December 2013
Dear viyaMontreal,
Your comments are important to us. Thank you for sharing!
Santa Barbara, California
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I was very pleased with this hotel. The downtown location was perfect for exploring the city or for businesses. There are also a multitude of restaurants near the hotel. I was also pleased with the hotel restaurant. The rooms were large for a downtown hotel. Theyy were nicely decorated as well. The bed was comfortable with a very soft pillow. I look forward to another visit to this hotel.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank morlev
Dear Morlev,
Thank you for your review. We hope to see you again soon!
Toronto
Reviewed 5 December 2013

Stayed two nights over a period of a week.
First stay was quite poor. Indoor/outdoor pool heater was not working and the maintenance staff had not yet lower the partition dividing the inside and outside areas. As a result pool was too cold to swim also had leaves, sticks, etc. floating in it and on the pool floor. Outside temperature was 0 degrees Celsius.
The only restaurant in the hotel was closed in the evening due to a private event.
Rooms were quite comfortable.
On the second visit the pool issues were corrected and the restaurant was open. Although I have found the it seems the restaurant is closed due to private events approximately every six weeks or so; far too often for the only F & B outlet in a Hilton.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank SHEAMUSToronto
Dear SHEAMUSToronto:
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our hotel. I am sorry that we did not live up to your expectations on your first visit. We will use your comments to continue to make improvements.
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I had some concerns from other reviews, but was glad they were not adequate. We arrived close to midnight with our 16 month old and our crib was already in the room. First time this happens at any Hilton property even being a Gold Member. We were given access to the Executive Lounge which was nice. Hotel is nicely maintained and our floor was completely renovated. With the exception of the surrounding construction it was easy to get to and from the hotel every day during our 5 night stay in Toronto. Staff in the Executive Lounge were remarkable. My wife's only issue was that there were not enough garbage bins throughout the hotel.

• Stayed November 2013
Dear Apetisco,
Thank you for reviewing our hotel. I too have noticed that we need more bins in our public spaces and I will be ordering them in the New Year!
Reviewed 4 December 2013 via mobile

This hotel exceeded expectations! Myself and three of my friends stayed here on the weekend of November 23rd. It is central to many great restaurants and clubs. Our room was very clean and the condition of the decor seemed relatively new. Both cleanliness and maintainence of facilities are of primary importance to me. We enjoyed our stay and left having no complaints.

The entire lobby and check-in area was very fresh and inviting. All of the front desk staff were cheerful, professional, and helpful. They were prompt and willing to accommodate us. We needed a bottle opener on Saturday night and at another point we needed scissors. It was great knowing they could provide for us without any hassle.

The elevator we took from the lobby was the scenic elevator which had glass windows that you could view the entire skyline from. We stayed on the 13th floor with no mishaps (the staff says its a lucky floor for the hotel). Our room came with a recycling bin which not all hotels provide this. Having that there made me happy to not have to take my recyclable items home.

I enjoyed the pool and sauna. Being able to swim from indoors to the outdoor pool area was a great experience. Although, it was a cool night when I swam the outdoor portion is heated.

It was clear that this hotel has a standard that they work hard to maintain. In addition to this, the hotel appeared to function quite well. I saw great initiative and leaderhip in the staff. They went the extra mile for us and deserve recognition for helping to make our stay so comfortable.

The parking cost was reasonable since the parking garage offers a weekend rate. The only thing I would like to see changed is that wi-fi should be free. In other cities it is free but other Toronto hotels seem to charge also. When you pay close to $250 per night, free wi-fi in the rooms should be a basic standard for guests.

Overall, we had a great stay and I would recommend the Hilton Toronto to others. I plan on returning in the future.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Laura,
WOW!!! What an awesome compliment! I have sent your review out to all of my team members who will be so excited to hear your feedback. Thank you and we hope to see you again!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My wife and I stayed in the Toronto Hilton at the start and end of a summer vacation to the Great White North. The staff were courteous and professional and the location can't be beat, being centrally located and within easy walking distance of a wide range of tourist attractions and restauarants. The subway is only one block away if you want to venture further. We spend a rainy day at the museum and a sunny day walking around and eating well.

Both nights, we stayed in a king deluxe corner room on the concierge floor and did not experience problems. Breakfast in the lounge was easy and picturesque, looking down through plate glass windows at the downtown skyline.

Parking is valet only but I had no complaints, especially since the hotel is located in a downtown area with limited parking It's worth the parking fee to be free to walk around and explore.

Next time I'm in Toronto, I'd stay here again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: Get a room on a concierge floor if you are part of the Hilton family's loyalty program. In my e...