“Great Location and Staff”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #36 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 21 January 2014

First class from the time you walk in. The layout and feel of the lobby is good. The rooms were clean and it is also good to see a lot of diversity in the makeup of the staff. We went for an event at the AirCanada Center and walked there underground while looking through the shops. The location is perfect.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 January 2014

Dear Brian,
Thank you for your kind comments! Hope to see you again soon!
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,225)

Reviewed 20 January 2014

The hotel while being large is still much more intimate than its cross-street competition. The rooms are well appointed, the staff are very friendly and extremely helpful. On our last stay and after having a particularly bad travel day there was a knock on our door shortly after settling into our room. It was Trina the guest services representative who checked us in at the front desk. She handed my wife an envelope, smiled and said, "I hope your day gets better." Inside the envelope was a card wishing us the best and enclosed were cocktail gift certificates for the hotel lounge. The day got a whole lot better, our stay was perfect and we owe a smile and a thank you to Hilton's Trina :-)

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends

Dear PerMare M:
What a fantastic story! I am so pleased to hear that Trina made a difference to your stay! We will celebrate this story!

Reviewed 19 January 2014

HORRIBLE experience at this "establishment". I was forced to stay at this hotel as part of a wedding party. As I was busy helping the bride for her big day I knowingly left my cellphone in my car and left it in the hands of valet (it was late at night and we had an early morning,I didn't want to run back to the car where I believed my remaining belongings would be safe). From the assistant manager at front desk to the valet manager the staff displayed an extremely high level of disrespect and unprofessionalism. Before I left, I was told they would investigate and call me back with their findings. After a week I called, got the run around and was told I would be called back within a few days. Two weeks later and I have yet to hear the results of their "investigation". While a new phone can be replaced (not by the Hilton of course, I still had to pay to have my phone stolen by valet) the manner in which this incident was handled will never be forgotten. Thankfully the whole wedding part now knows about it, have chosen NEVER to return and I will continue relaying this story to all those who listen so that they do not fall victim as I have. BE AWARE, a place I will never stay at again.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel!
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank A S

Dear A B:
I sincerely apologize that our investigation did not turn up your missing cell phone. The company that runs our valet has been working with us for many years and we have never had an alleged theft of anything from vehicles parked by the valet drivers. I have notified our lost and found department to keep me informed should a phone be turned in.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

I overall had a good stay at this hotel, the room was clean, the bed was very comfy, but they charge you $14 a day (per device) for internet access. For a hotel that is large, expensive and busy as the Hilton it is ridiculous that you have to pay for internet. On my next two trips to Toronto I stayed in other hotels that offer free wifi, I am a student on a budget and having to pay an extra $30-40 for internet over the course of my stay was uncalled for.

Dear Shannon,
Your feedback is very important to us. While charging for Internet is a Hilton standard, we are in the process of changing our policy to charging for only one device per day.

Reviewed 18 January 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Toronto to celebrate my boyfriend's birthday. The room was very spacious and clean. We were near the ice machine but were never bothered by the noise in the night. We had a snack and a cocktail at the bar, and they were both great, albeit a little pricey. The pool area was clean and pleasant, but the water needed to be way warmer (winter time). I would definitely consider the Hilton on a next "stay cation"

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Tdotbeers:
Thank you for your feedback! I have passed your comments on to our engineering department to check the heater in the pool.

Reviewed 16 January 2014

This was my second time staying at this particular Hilton. The room was clean and spacious, nice King sized bed. The staff were courteous. I stayed here because of it's proximity to where I needed to be the next day, and will definitely stay again.

Dear Kim.
I am very pleased to hear about your positive experience at the Hilton! We look forward to your next visit!

Reviewed 16 January 2014

Had a lovely stay at this hotel. The room was large. Disappointed that there was no bar fridge. Paid $112 for the room but parking cost $36 for 18 hours and 2 glasses of house wine costs $31.50. Outrageous prices. Are we financing Paris and Nicky's shopping trips?

Dear Luc,
Your feedback is important to us. It will be reviewed by the operations team.