Hilton Toronto
US$413
US$289
Great 4.5/5
3,302 results
All reviewsthe executive loungescenic elevatorcn towerthe indoor outdoor poolcity hallwalking distancejunior suiteeaton centregreat view of the cityhigh floorcentral locationinternet accessroom was spaciousthe financial districtself parkingbusiness tripqueen street
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 6 April 2014

The location of Hilton Toronto is very favorable for business visitors - it is located close to the business district and shopping and entertainment is not too far away at the Eaton Centre. The subway is across the road (osgoode) and the airport transfer stops at the Sheraton directly opposite the Hilton. It has a decent gym and pool and very prompt service. One gripe though is that wifi is not free (it should not be in this day and age) and bottled water is only given to hilton honors silver members. Basic hospitality like this should be taken care of.

Lastly avoid the 02 rooms which are rather noisy from the movements of the elevator located next to these rooms. I took the option of an upgrade to a deluxe room located next to the elevator and even though I am not a light sleeper, it is rather disconcerting to hear it in the early mornings.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 8 April 2014

Dear keiragopi:
Thank you for sharing your review of Hilton Toronto! I will pass your comments on to the team members at the hotel for actioning.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

I last stayed in this hotel 8 years ago and was impressed then, so decided to try it again. This time, not so impressed. The room was tired and worn: the finish on the furniture was worn off and chipped in places, the lamp over the desk needed to be coaxed to turn on, etc. It was also quite loud (7th floor so lots of street noise, and three doors from the elevator - this although I had specifically requested a room away from the elevators). The internet was a hassle to access, at first I thought it was my laptop's settings but actually the network was just not working. The worst though - there were hairs in the bathtub that were not mine. Yuck! Ordered room service once for dinner and it was fast but the food was so-so and cost over $60. Otherwise I did not eat at the hotel. On the plus side, the location was very convenient, the service friendly and the bed comfortable. Maybe I was expecting too much but frankly I was underwhelmed.

Room Tip: Get a higher floor away from the elevator if you can.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank kippycam

Dear kippycam:
Thank you for your review of Hilton Toronto. I have passed your comments on to the team here at the hotel so that they can address your concerns with their teams. We will be renovating over 150 rooms starting in June. We are also undertaking various projects to upgrade furniture and fixtures in other rooms.

Reviewed 4 April 2014

Stayed just for a night recently. Great location and the higher floor has great views of CN tower & the downtown Toronto. Parking fee is a rip off at over $40 a day. You can find a cheaper parking about 2 blocks away.The breakfast at the Executive lounge was pathetic with no varieties.
There was No sausage, No Cheese, No scrambled egg. If you are paying for it than you are wasting your money.
I called to have my coffee making machine fixed but No one came in. It was than the check out time and went downstairs & asked the lady why I wasn't able to get the coffee machine working to get a coffee. She told me not to worry and took me to the Tundra Cafe in the lobby. I made sure to her that there was No charge and she said she talked to the people working at the Cafe to not charge me. After few minutes of waiting, A guy comes with a coffee and a bill . He tells me to pay $5 for it. I took the bill back to the front desk lady and asked her what was going on. I asked to speak to a manager. The manager or supervisor came and I explained the situation. I got the coffee after waiting 2 more minutes. I told her I am not happy about this and someone should have come to my room to take to look at the coffee machine. She promised to compensate me with something for the inconvenience mess. So far I haven't seen one.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Dear kstkt K:
Thank you for your frank feedback. It is very concerning to me that we did not meet your expectations with regards to attending to the items you mentioned. I am personally investigating this incident to see where the breakdown occurred so that it does not happen again. We serve a "continental" breakfast in our Executive Lounge, which is typically a limited menu of cold items such as pastries, cereal, yogurt, etc. However, we do alternate an egg dish daily from boiled to scrambled to omelets. Otherwise our Breakfast Buffet in Tundra Restaurant offers a full hot buffet with eggs to order, breakfast meats and cheeses.

Reviewed 3 April 2014

I received a letter last week from Hilton reminding me how long it had been since they had seen me - lucky for me that this week I would be spending 5 nights at the Toronto Hilton so we could get reacquainted! Well, not much has changed since my last stay two years ago. The wireless internet has been set so that you need to continuously and repeatedly logon with your password. The shower head had a weird spray angle that I could not change which flooded the floor of the bathroom. My cable reception was extremely poor. I asked at the front desk about the shower and the cable - they said they would send someone but there was no change to the shower or cable reception during my stay. Exercise facility is decent but they could replenish the equipment sanitizer and have water near by. Front desk staff were friendly but unsure why newspapers were delivered some days and not others. I think my room must have been directly below the executive lounge on the 32nd floor which made it quite loud when they cleaned it in the evenings. An inconsistent experience for sure.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business

Dear JNiner:
Thank you for your feedback on Hilton Toronto. I apologize that your experience was not up to par. I have sent your comments to the operations team here to follow up and fix the problems that you encountered.

Reviewed 2 April 2014

This is definitely one of the best hotel linked to the underground PATH system. You have access to all the downtown shopping and large office buildings - great when you don't have to get out in the cold or rain to attend a meeting. Highly convenient and great service.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Hugh,
Thank you for commenting on Hilton Toronto! the PATH is a great way to get around town, whether it's shopping, taking in a game, or getting to a nearby restaurant without going outside! have a great day!