“Very clean, very attractive, but...”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #38 of 135 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I downrated this hotel for three reasons. First, we were not told ahead of time that the pool would not be opened, even though I talked to people at the hotel several times about our reservations. Secondly, they charge for Wi-Fi unless you are a Hiltons Honors holder. Third, the restaurant for breakfast was expensive. The buffet layout looked beautiful but the food itself was not that impressive. Two people with us did enjoy the Eggs Benedict.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Carol765
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 27 June 2014

Dear Carol765:
I am sorry to hear that your stay with us did not meet your expectations. My team will review your comments to make improvements moving forward.
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,248)

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Great location, walking distance to public transport. Near a good selection of bars, cafes, restaurants. A good central location to explore the "wild side" of Toronto. Typical hotel lobby bar/restaurant, called "Tundra". Had drinks at the bar, but did not eat there. Very good front desk staff upon arrival. We had an early flight, arrived at hotel around noon. Asked if our room was available yet (check-in is at 3:00 pm) Staff said yes it was vacant, (upon check-out we were charged $30.00 for early check-in) not advised there was an extra charge for early check-in. King bed was comfortable. We were in a quality suite, small refrigerator in room, coffee maker, hair dryer, iron, in room safe. Price slightly high, but location in the city is great. (pool was closed for repair during our stay)

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Jay J ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience and Toronto! We will certainly share your feedback with our Guest Service team regarding the lack of communication regarding early check in charges, so they may use your review as part of their ongoing training and development!
We hope to have the opportunity to welcome you again, whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a great day. Andy Loges, General Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014

Came over for business and a medical conference. Would certainly recommend for pleasure in view of where this hotel is located. Had great view of Toronto City Hall and walking distance to shops and shows.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Klere B ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We greatly appreciate your business and hope that we will see you again soon! Andy Loges, General Manager

Reviewed 9 June 2014

We arrived with our bikes to start our bike ride do New York State and the hotel had no facilities for them. There was no storage room for luggage or bikes. Our room wasn't ready yet so we waited outside for one hour until our friends arrived and let us put our bikes in their room. they did upgrade us to a larger room to accomodate us so I can't complain too much. Good location and friendly staff.. they just need a storage room for guests.

Room Tip: Ask for a larger room with a view.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 4 July 2014

Dear hollebcfp:
Thank you for sharing feedback on your recent stay with us! Based on your comments we have identified a bike storage rack that guests can use in our garage.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

We were there in family for our 20th anniversary of wedding and they nicely did customise our breakfast to make it special for us!
The services are according to Hilton standards and the executive lounge was ok... I still have an issue with the difference of variety for breakfast and evenings in the lounge in The USA vs. other continents like Europe or Asia as I find the quality higher outside of North America except Montreal!
I would anyway recommend this hotel without a doubt!

Stayed: August 2013
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Serge B:
Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay. We will certainly look into what makes European services and standards better than ours to see how we can improve!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Stayed first of June, enjoyed it very much. Had an executive suite with a very comfortable King bed. Well equipped, not large but clean and modern. Will definitely stay there again,everything you would come to expect from Hilton. The executive suite entitles you to access to the executive lounge on the 32nd floor which is a nice quiet place to begin/end your day with spectacular views on two fronts. Great staff, great location.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business

Dear rickmcns:
Thank you for your review! We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 6 June 2014

I stayed at the Hilton in Toronto when I stopped in Toronto to visit friends on my way to a conference in Southern Ontario. The location downtown is fantastic. Close to everything and only a block away from a subway stop. I flew in to Toronto very early in the morning and took the airport express shuttle, which stopped 10 feet from the side door, which was very convienient. I talked to the concierge, who quickly put my bag into storage and I went shopping. When I returned, I quickly received my bag from storage and was able to check in easily and quickly.
My room was clean and comfortable and the bed was very comfortable. It was, however, unfortunate that you have to pay excessively for wifi access. Everything during my stay went well.
A couple of weeks after I got home, I checked my Visa statement and I noticed that the hotel had charged over a hundred dollars to my Visa separate from my room charge. I called the hotel, and spoke to someone, who promised to look into it and get back to me by the next day at the latest. Fifteen minutes later he called me back, they had erroneously charged someone else`s gift shop purchase to my room. They would reverse the charges and it should show on my card by the end of the week. They where quick, polite and efficient in correcting their mistake.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank kgtmrt

Dear kgtmrt:
Thank you for sharing your feedback on Hilton Toronto! I am pleased to hear that my team followed up with you and resolved the billing error.