“Great Location”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #37 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Prime location to the Four Seasons Centre. Right across the street. The higher floors give great views of Toronto. Ruth Criss steakhouse was excellent and there are other good restaurants in the area. Indoor outdoor pool. Staff were excellent. Would stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a premium room with a high floor. You don't need to pay more on line. The staff were v...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank PH
HiltonYYZ, Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 July 2014

Dear PH:
Thank you for reviewing Hilton Toronto! Please try Tundra Restaurant during your next visit! If you are attending the ballet or an opera we offer a special Prix Fixe Menu!
Director of Operations

Write a ReviewReviews (3,230)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

We had a nice stay at the Hilton for one night. We were in town for the BlueJays game. Check in was quick and efficient. The valet service was convenient though outrageously expensive. However it seems this is the norm in downtown. Our room was a good size on the 17th floor with a view of the CN tower. The bed was comfortable with good pillows. We ordered room service later in the evening and was surprised with a happy birthday cheesecake which was well presented. They also sent a hand written happy birthday card from the lady who checked us in. This was totally unexpected and a really nice gesture. I only have two complaints. One is that the rooms do not have free wi-fi. It's 2014. We have free wifi in our local laundromat for Gods sake. At $200+ a night it should be included. The other issue was with the phone in our room. Several times throughout the night it would ring in three short bursts. I even called down to the front desk around 3.00am and they said they would put a do not disturb on the phone. It didn't help. It continued doing the same thing every couple of hours. This obviously didn't lend itself to a restful nights sleep. Overall it was a nice hotel and convenient to all the the sites downtown.

1  Thank Charles T

Dear Charles T:
Thank you for your review! I am so sorry about the phone in your room. That must have been very annoying. I am following up with the front desk manager to make sure the problem has been rectified. I do hope you make it back to the city for another Blue Jays game! Maybe the playoffs? :)

Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Hilton Toronto is located close to King Street to the south with charming bars and restaurants and Queens Street to the north also with great restaurants and bars. The staff was cheerful and very cordial. The rooms are quite large with the best pillows in town. Didn't dine at the hotel but did notice the prices for breakfast being a little over the top.

1  Thank Ragu_ON

Dear Ragu_ON:
"Restaurant Row" on King Street is one of my favorite spots to dine and people-watch! Kit Kat is my most favorite restaurant there! Glad to hear you had a nice visit!

Reviewed 22 July 2014

I had a reservation yesterday for the Hilton Toronto. What I experienced was absolutely obscene for a hotel of this quality. I was harassed by hotel security staff, as some supposed athletes (I think?) were in the hotel lobby. A very large and tall man who claimed he was hotel security screamed and berated me advising me that he would trespass me from the property. I kindly advised him that I had a reservation for the hotel and that I was simply there to check in, yet this awful gentleman shouted in my face that he didn't care. I'm not certain who these athletes or celebrities were, but I was simply checking in to spend an evening in Toronto. I have never felt so threatened by another human being as I did yesterday in the lobby of the Hilton Toronto - in fact so much so that I was shaking when I exited the lobby as I was in fear that this man was about to hit me and become violent. I felt that I was so mistreated that I decided against checking into this hotel and went a block away to the Sheraton Centre where I was treated incredibly. I will never return to the Hilton Toronto ever and I will advise as many others as I can to avoid this property. Management should be ashamed and embarrassed to have a member of their staff behave in this manner.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank monaco10

Dear monaco10:
I sinecerly apologize that you were subjected to this behaviour. I can assure you that it is not our standard, no matter who is in the hotel. I have sent you a personal email in the hopes of getting you to come back and give us another try.

Reviewed 20 July 2014

Stayed here in December for a night as we were going to a concert. Good and comfortable beds with the room being good size. Restaurant was a bit pricy so we did not eat there. Overall I would recommend this hotel to others as it is in a central location close to what downtown Toronto has to offer.

Tip - If you are taking a cab... make sure you tell them clearly that it is the "Hilton Downtown" The cabby took us to the Hilton Garden Inn when we told him we wanted to go to the Hilton

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Samuel B
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Dear Samuel B ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm glad to hear that you had a chance to experience the excitement of Toronto as well as the many features of the hotel when you were our guest last December! Hope to see you again whenever your travel plans include a trip back to Toronto from "down under!" Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

We have been staying at this Hilton for over 20 years when in Toronto. Its location, its staff and accommodations are A+. There is a fantastic restaurant (Tundra) that provides room service. When checking out one time, we forgot to empty a dresser drawer and did not notice until unpacking at home. When we called, the staff already had out items packed and labeled. They returned them to us via mail, no charge. We will be returning for our annual summer vacation (b'day and anniversary) in 3 weeks.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts
1  Thank Todd S

Dear Todd S ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team! I was pleased to read that we were able to locate the items you inadvertently left behind and returned them to you safe and sound!

We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you and your family for your annual summer vacation! Safe travels. Andy Loges, General Manager

Reviewed 17 July 2014

Good central location for this hotel that was easy walking distance to attractions and the water
The hotel has some upgraded interior decor in the lobby and the executive lounge at the top
The gym was good with a good number of cardio machines, free weights adn weight stations - seemed sufficient for the demand when I was there
The rooms were a little date to my eye but there was renovation going on so that is probably being fixed - fair warning the hammering starts at 9 and finishes at 5...however kudos to the staff for alerting me and asking me if I wanted a lower floor to be away from it
Executive lounge staff were attentive and excellent

Room Tip: Both sides at high levels have great views
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Dear DrNic1 ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel! I was pleased to read also that our team members alerted you to the construction noise, offering a lower floor as an alternative.

We do hope that you will visit us again whenever your travel plans include Toronto, especially since you heard the noise, now you will be able to experience the upgraded room product! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager