“My first call when I stay in Toronto” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
“My first call when I stay in Toronto”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2014

The location, the service, the facility and amenities....no need to go anywhere else. I have stayed at the Hilton Toronto on business as well as brought my family for getaways. It has everything most travelers are looking for: the bed is incredibly comfortable, the housekeeping staff are polite and accommodating and the front desk/restaurant/bellmen are friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel location is a few blocks from the Queen St West shopping district, the Eaton Center, the Toronto Theater District and several minutes to a ferry and the Toronto Islands. The hotel is also a part of the underground city concourse system where you don't even need to walk outside if it's raining or in the winter.....accessible to all of Downtown underground! I have stayed at the competition while in Toronto but no need again....I have found my home away from home!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
      Cleanliness
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear NeilH45 ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto! Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest! I'm thrilled that you felt this spirit during your time with us! We look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon! Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (504)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Charlotte, North Carolina
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

We had been so spoiled with the Honors programs in Hiltons in Prague and Budapest that we went with Hilton in Toronto.We saw a "corner room" was available for a reasonable price. We were quite disappointed. It's not a corner room, only having one window on one side. The honors program at the Hilton in Toronto didn't give us a room upgrade, but did give us access to the executive lounge, that was then closed for 2 of the three days we were there because it was a "holiday weekend" we weren't warned about.

The corner room is larger, but there is only one window, the same size as the window in the other rooms. The bed area is dark. And you have the added disadvantage of being next to the very loud elevators. I've stayed in rooms next to elevators in many hotels, never have they been this loud. The street noise is also very loud despite close windows and drapes on the 20th floor. I understand they are doing renovations, and I don't think this room had been renovated yet, but I don't see how they can help the outside noise without changing all the windows. I wouldn't recommend paying extra for the corner rooms.

I hope our experience was unusual, as I haven't had this type of experience at my many other Hilton stays.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Cathy K.

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations. The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again. Andy Loges, General Manager
Redhill, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2014

Stayed here for four nights for a family wedding. The hotel is OK, but I left with some annoyances and the impression that guests are almost incidental here. The room we were initially allocated had clearly been home to a smoker for several days despite this being a non smoking hotel, and we moved to another room where we ended up staying. However, this room seemed half prepared with a mop and plastic box in the room, items in the bins and with several of the light fittings not working. The first complaint was ignored and even by the end of our stay, one of the lights was still not working. Construction work was ongoing above us during our stay, which we were not informed about by staff. We managed to get free wifi due to a group booking, but to charge 15 dollars per day for wifi in this day and age is frankly laughable and an insult to other guests. Bar served very good food and drinks, but very expensive. There are some positives, the rooms are kept very clean and there are great views over the city. The communal areas of the hotel are also very well presented and relaxing, with excellent staff in the bar/restaurant area. The location is also very good, close to Union station, the ferries to the islands, museums and subway. In general the basics of the hotel are OK and you will have an acceptable stay, but the lack of attention to detail really lets the hotel down.

Room Tip: One side of the hotel has views of the CN tower
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Dear dokelly ...

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on the comfort and appointment of our property and despite the positives ... location, view, room cleanliness ... you clearly felt that there was a lack of attention to detail.
We hope you will return to stay with us the next time you are in the area so we may show you the improved quality stay you expect and deserve. Have a great day. Andy Loges, General Manager
Washington, DC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 August 2014

Stayed at the Hilton Toronto for 4 nights and it was a great experience. We were there during Pride week and the hotel was decorated accordingly. Douglas at the front desk was one of the nicest hotel person I've ever spoken with. He made us feel immediately welcome and the entire hotel experience only got better from there. Douglas provided a lot of helpful information in regards to the area and what was going on that weekend, and we were off to our room on the 19th floor. The room was spacious and I can't believe I'm saying this, but the bed was the most comfortable hotel bed I've slept on, and my husband agreed. It was plush but not too soft. I wanted to take it home with me! The newspaper on the door every morning was a nice touch. We didn't need much while we were at the hotel as we spent a lot of time out and about every day just walking. It was good to know we had a comfy place to go back to at the end of the day. Although it was in the financial area, we didn't have to walk too far to get to stores, coffee, breakfast, etc. Would definitely return!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Dear Trip Advisor Member ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto during WorldPride 2014! We will also be sure to share your team member experience with our hotel community as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests!
We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you "back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a wonderful day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Thunder Bay, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

We use the Hilton downtown when we are in Toronto and can say that it is always a pleasure. The rooms are clean, staff is always friendly and if you ever need any extras they are there to keep you happy. Beds are comfortable and the room is very spacious. We also do a lot of walking and the Hilton is very close to the entertainment and restaurant district. We enjoy the Tundra bar and they have some great appetizers. If you just want to sit and relax and have a quiet drink check out the big oversized booths as they are great for 2 people or a group. Will definitely return.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear deborah t ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations! We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto!
Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

A very smart, clean and elegant hotel in an excellent area. Easy to get to the Lake front,theatres, restaurants and shops. All areas easily reached by foot from this hotel Quality rooms, good service and value for money

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
      Cleanliness
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Tony Z ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your experience and we do hope to see you again very soon or whenever your travels next bring you back "cross the pond" to Toronto! Have a wonderful day! Andy Loges, General Manager
London
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 July 2014

Location: Great! Close to financial area, easy access to the lake edge and collage areas.

Room: Really good, very modern, great amenities. The cleaning staff were great and could engage using your name.

Value: One of the best room rates versus quality I have come across. I booked via the Hilton website and was really impressed with the rate and room type.

Food: Breakfast was OK, nothing spectacular.

Gym: Very good. Excellent range of equipment and clean. Also open 24hrs!

Room Tip: Suggest requesting a higher level room away from street traffic. There are 32 floors.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Dear Daniel K ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed your time in Toronto and the overall services and accommodations at the hotel! We do hope that you will visit us again whenever your travel plans include Toronto!
Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager