“Below average compared to the other hilton I've stayed”
Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #35 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Sunnyvale, California
“Below average compared to the other hilton I've stayed”
Reviewed 7 August 2014

I've been a loyal member of hilton and I was disappointed. I paid 290 CAD / night and did get a decent floor (26) and big room with great view. No complaints about that.

But when I asked about free breakfast (for my gold hhonors membership), the front desk rejected me the first time. After I politely contested, he gave me two vouchers. That's a bit frustrating but OK.

Next day I went to get the breakfast, I was told I should go to the executive lounge. But when I reach the lounge I couldn't open the door (b/c I didn't stay in the exec. floor obviously). I've been treated like I am trying to cheat my way into the lounge, and then I was told to go to the restaurant at the lobby. Anyways long story short, I finally got my "basic cold no buffet" free breakfast after multiple trips up and down with a hungry stomach. I really don't care about paying the breakfast but was annoyed by the inconsistent and confusing hhonor and hotel policies.

Next is the room: it's big and it got nice night view. I was warned there will be renovation work in the same floor in the mid-day and I was okay to still take that room. But it started around 8am! Okay I was about to leave for my conference.

But then I couldn't find a safe in the room and I've to call front desk again and wait for it.

Fine I started to get dressed and notice a big piece of wall-paper peeled off in the closet...

All these added up I felt 290 CAD/night was not worth it. This by comparison is the worst hilton I've stayed.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear backspin 18 …

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! Please do accept our most sincere apologies for the service challenges you experienced which do not represent the usual high level of customer engagement for which our team is well known!.

To clarify the confusion regarding your Hilton HHonors Member benefits, Gold members will receive a complimentary upgrade to a preferred room, subject to availability. This includes access to the Executive Lounge and all of the associated benefits such as complimentary breakfast.

If a room upgrade is not available, as was the case in your visit, you have a choice in My Way benefits which include 1,000 HHonors Bonus Points per stay or a complimentary continental breakfast for you and up to one additional guest registered to the same room each day of your stay. I understand that our Guest Service Agent did give you the vouchers for a complimentary continental breakfast, however, the communication about where to redeem the vouchers should have been clearly indicated and more seamless.

We will certainly review your comments with the departments involved as part of their ongoing training and development. We do hope that should your travel plans include Toronto that we will have the opportunity to be of service to you once again! Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (521)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was an excellent place to stay for a wedding in Toronto. Close to a variety of restaurants, the Eaton Center and subway. The concierge were very accomodating, and the front staff were helpful with any requests. The telephone reservation service is not a good indicator of the overall hotel service.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Doreen P ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team!

Congratulations on the wedding nuptials .. we look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans include a "staycation" in Toronto! Have a great weekend! Andy Loges, General Manager
montreal, Canada
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Ask a room far away from the elevators if you want to sleep In the same time there are renovations which makes huge noise during the all day. No more room for my categoriy when a check in... Poor internet connection (unstable)

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Nathalie B ...

Thank you for your review of your past stay with us. I always appreciate hearing from our guests – including places of improvement. I apologize that the comfort of your stay was interrupted due to the noise from the guest elevators and I have taken your comments to our team to ensure that in the future we do a better job of meeting and exceeding our guests' expectations.

The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again. Have a wonderful weekend. Andy Loges, General Manager
Caernarfon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

We stayed here for 3 nights in July and found the hotel to be very good. The location is excellent and it was clean, the two most important things for us. The décor was quite dated but the bathroom had a bath (nice to soak after a day sightseeing) and we used the pool area a couple of times. The pool was surprisingly big with plenty of loungers, although in the shade for a lot of the day. Shame the Wi-Fi isn't complimentary. Would stay here again.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 7 August 2014
Dear Nia W ...
Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto!

We appreciate your feedback regarding the cost of our wireless internet service. While we do charge an additional fee for wireless internet, we strive to be competitive with other hotels and offer quality services and amenities in our guestrooms.

The next time you have the opportunity to travel to the area, I do hope that you will be our guest again. Have a wonderful day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Central Coast NSW
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We enjoyed this hotel. Easy to get to from airport on airport express bus (but allow plenty of time to get back to airport!). Did not eat breakfast in hotel but the dinner we had at the bar was ok. Quite expensive but nice atmosphere. Room was lovely and huge! Good view of the tower from our room. We were on the higher floors but you could still hear sirens, hotted up cars etc - but it is the city so hard to get away from that. Ate at Momofuku across road - excellent!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations! We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto!

Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Buffalo, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Hilton Toronto for the One Direction concert on 8/1/14 and since the hotel was sold out for the evening I assumed it would be a very crowded stay, I was right. First let me say the hotel itself is great, nicely decorated, the beds are very comfortable even for sharing with a 8 year old. We loved the outside elevator too and even the view from the room was pretty cool.

Location for our needs = PERFECT. We were able to walk to the Rogers Centre in less then 20 minutes, and also within walking distance to all the shops my 14 year old loves (Brandy Melville, American Apparel, and many others).

However, about 3am things went bad. There was probably about 10 girls running the halls and having a "after party" in their room next to mine. I could hear everything, so while the hotel is very nice, location perfect and staff friendly. The walls are a bit too thin.

Provided I was not going there for a teenage girl boy band concert, I would definitely stay again though. I think it would be quieter.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Dear JLRJ1021

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I was pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hotel, location and our scenic elevator!

However, we do apologize for the noise disturbance you experienced during the middle of the night. It is always most disappointing when guests disturb others through inappropriate and inconsiderate behaviours. We will work with our facilities team to see about any additional soundproofing measures we may be able to take. We hope you will consider staying with us again the next time you are in town so we may show you the complete quality stay you expect and deserve.

Hope you enjoyed the One Direction concert! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Reviewed 4 August 2014

The location, the service, the facility and amenities....no need to go anywhere else. I have stayed at the Hilton Toronto on business as well as brought my family for getaways. It has everything most travelers are looking for: the bed is incredibly comfortable, the housekeeping staff are polite and accommodating and the front desk/restaurant/bellmen are friendly and knowledgeable. The hotel location is a few blocks from the Queen St West shopping district, the Eaton Center, the Toronto Theater District and several minutes to a ferry and the Toronto Islands. The hotel is also a part of the underground city concourse system where you don't even need to walk outside if it's raining or in the winter.....accessible to all of Downtown underground! I have stayed at the competition while in Toronto but no need again....I have found my home away from home!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear NeilH45 ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your time at the hotel and in Toronto! Our team works very hard to "share the light and warmth of hospitality" with each and every guest! I'm thrilled that you felt this spirit during your time with us! We look forward to welcoming you "home" again soon! Andy Loges, General Manager