“Honest Housekeeping Staff”

Ranked #34 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Hampton On Canada
“Honest Housekeeping Staff”
Reviewed 22 August 2014

We stayed here for a 3 day conference. The hotel was selected for convenience. Every staff member throughout the hotel was super friendly. Parking costs similar to any big city hotel I have ever stayed in. WIFI was in addition to. The bathroom needed to be cleaner in the details. The decor is dated. There are no in-room safes. The food in Tundra restaurant was excellent, but choices limited and prices higher than I had expected. Another dining option, yet more expensive, is the Ruth's Chris Steak House under the lobby. Having lost items of clothing in other hotels I was pleased to have a leather jacket that was left in the closet returned to me

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 26 August 2014
Dear wannagotravel ...

Thank you for sharing this detailed feedback on your recent stay with the TripAdvisor community. We appreciate your honest input and we will incorporate your comments into our ongoing efforts to best meet and exceed our guests' expectations.

We do have in room safes, located either in the closet, drawers (in the newly renovated rooms) or in the mini bar units ... I do apologize if you were not aware of this. I was pleased to read that your personal item was returned to you, as it should be.

We hope that we have the opportunity to welcome you again, whenever your travels bring you back to Toronto. Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (530)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Burlington, Canada
Reviewed 21 August 2014

I have stayed here many times for business and actually stopped going for awhile when they had ceased valet service. This hotel is very clean and was happy to accommodate a late check out for me when the baby had fallen asleep at 11 for a nap. I stayed for business but the nanny and baby accompanied me so the spacious room was a plus. I like the location for getting around and the restaurant and lounge are a good venue for business meetings. They have a very nice executive lounge as well.

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 27 August 2014
Dear Carolina M ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! I'm so pleased that you enjoyed your Toronto experience and that you've decided to stay with us again now that valet service has returned!
We hope that you will come back and visit us again soon! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
St. Paul, MN, United States
Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel goes over and above to make sure your stay is comfortable and that they are available to answer your questions. I was really please with the health club and swimming pool which featured an indoor out pool and an extremely large workout room for a hotel. In addition, they are in the heart of the downtown (CBD) of Toronto. I highly recommend this hotel for business or for a fun family trip

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Daniel B ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that the facilities and services within the hotel were able to meet your expectations! We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
north yorkshire
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

After touring Ontario for 10 days we returned to Toronto to relax for 2 days prior to flying back to the UK.
We booked a deluxe room and on checking in I asked for a room as high as possible for my son. We were given a room on the executive floor 23 and wow what a view. The room was spacious and the beds very comfy. We had room service the first night to enjoy the view and it was excellent including a goodie bag for our son which was a nice touch.
Breakfast was good and the staff helpful and polite this included the housekeeping on our floor. Nothing to much trouble.
We had late checkout which was free till 3pm and an extra $20 per hour till 6pm which we thought was reasonable. Thanks Hilton Toronto for making our last two days in Canada so enjoyable.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 21 August 2014
Dear matronmum ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased that you enjoyed stay in Ontario and so delighted that your last 2 days in Toronto with us, ended your trip on such a positive note!
The next time your travels bring you "cross the pond", we do hope that you will visit us again! Have a wonderful day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Fredericton, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We came to the Hilton Toronto last year for our anniversary and were given the star treatment. When we inquired again this year about what they could do to make our trip special they went above and beyond with free upgrades to help make it a memorable trip for us! All of the staff we encountered were very kind and helpful and you can tell they truly love what they do. The rooms are very clean (we're picky) and it is walking distance to anywhere we wanted to go (Eaton Centre, Kensington Market, CN Tower, Aquarium). We will never stay anywhere else when we go to Toronto now!!

Room Tip: Higher floors have access to the executive lounge.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 19 August 2014
Dear Aalife ..

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us! I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed your time at the hotel again this year, and in Toronto! We will also be sure to share your team member experience with our hotel community as a great example of how the "little things" make a big difference to our guests!
We look forward to welcoming you "back" whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Again, best wishes on your anniversary! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
New York, United States
Reviewed 18 August 2014

We stayed for two nights and were able to do a number of interesting things in the neighborhood. We had breakfast @ the tundra twice and dinner there once and enjoyed the three meals. the room was very nice and comfortable and the quality of the bed and bedding excellent.

Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Dear Janet D ...

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We appreciate your comments and will certainly share them with our team! We look forward to the opportunity to welcome you back whenever your travel plans include Toronto! Have a great day! Andy Loges, General Manager
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Stayed here on a Friday night to celebrate an anniversary. To say we had some logistical issues is an understatement. The first room we went to hadn't been made up after the previous occupant so we trudged down to the front desk with all of our luggage. The front desk clerk was very accommodating and upgraded us to a brand new room on the 31st floor. When we got to that room it was dead bolted and we couldn't get in. We trudged back down to the front desk again with all of our luggage. This time the same front desk clerk gave us another room and this time gave us access to the executive suite which included a free breakfast the next day.

The key for this room worked - at least initially. I couldn't gain access to the room with my key a second time when I went out to the ice machine. Luckily my wife was still in the room and let me in. When I phoned down to the front desk about the issue the same front desk clerk sounded annoyed with me (guess she figured I was one of those problem customers) but she did send up a porter who showed me that I wasn't using the key card properly in the slot. This is pretty absurd as I have stayed in hundreds and hundreds of hotel rooms over the years and know how to use a key card. The problem is definitely with the type of locks they are using with the new rooms. The key worked intermittently during our stay - it usually took four or five tries each time to work properly.

The final logistical issue was the wireless internet - we couldn't get into it from our room on the 31st floor. I do IT for a living know what I am doing so the issue wasn't with me. As it was our anniversary celebration we didn't worry too much about the internet and just let this pass.

Despite all of these issues, it is a very nice hotel. When we did finally get settled in our room we were really happy. It was newly decorated and very modern with a very nice high def TV. The room had a great shower and a very comfortable bed. There are lots of restaurants and things to do in the area. We tried the downstairs lounge - it was very nice albeit a bit pricey.

It was a good stay - even though we experienced some issues, the front desk staff handled our problems correctly which is very important. We would stay here again.

Room Tip: Get on a higher floor and try to take the scenic elevators for a great view. The best view in the ho...
Dear Northern_Hiker ...

Thank you for taking the time to share feedback on your recent stay with us via TripAdvisor. We appreciate your honest input on our service and appointment and we will use your comments as we continue to evolve our guests' experience moving forward. I was pleased to read that you enjoyed our newly renovated rooms, albeit, we still have some "glitches" to rectify!

We do hope that we will have the opportunity to "welcome you back" whenever your travel plans include downtown Toronto. Have a wonderful day! Andy Loges, General Manager