“Very clean, up to date hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hilton Toronto

Hilton Toronto
Ranked #33 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Chandler, AZ
“Very clean, up to date hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2010

My company rate made this hotel a bargain.

Very clean. Good location. Modern room. great bed.

Downtown noise was the only issue, but that's normal in any downtown location.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank billsinaz
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 15 March 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for the feedback! Our team works very hard to ensure that we maintain all of the Hilton brand standards related to cleanliness, service and exceeding your expectations! There is no doubt that our superb location does bring with it all the activity of a large urban center - but that's all part of visiting Canada's largest city after all!

Might I recommend requesting an upper floor or perhaps an upgrade to our Executive Level next time? 32 floors up - the city seems to disappear!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon!

Edwin Frizzell

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (511)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Toronto, Canada
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,306 helpful votes
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2010

My wife and I recently spent an evening in Toronto to catch the ballet at the Four Seasons Centre. The Hilton offered a great home base being directly across the street - we didn't even need to wear our overcoats. We opted for an upgraded room that gave us access to the executive lounge and there is much to be said about the lounge - the view, the look and the hors d'ouvres but I wonder about the honour bar notion. I have been other spots (even within the Hilton chain) when beer and wine are gratis in the lounge and I'd suggest that the folks in Toronto may wish to consider that - even if it has a one or two drink cap. The only other odd thing we encountered is that there was no valet parking but that really is no big deal.

The Hilton in Toronto is connected to other building nearby by internal walkways and to the PATH that will allow you to walk protected from the elements to places like the Eaton's Centre and Union Station. If you go out and head west you'll be in the club zone within a couple of blocks and also at a huge Indigo book store and a Silver City theatre.

There are lots of spots to eat. We opted for a pub one building down called Fion Mccool's. If all you want is a pint or two that is a good choice. We couldn't get anything off the menu that we wanted as the portions were all spoke for by a large group coming in that completely swamped the kitchen.

All in all the Hilton is a great spot.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank JamesII
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us! We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your experience!

I totally agree that the Executive Level upgrade is one of our best values! Not only do you receive our most newly renovated and well appointed accommodations but also bottled water, upgraded amenities, bathrobes and turn down service. Access to our stunning 32nd floor lounge is one of the best "perks" we have going! Thanks for mentioning the view - we think it's one of the best in Toronto! We also appreciate you comments regarding the "honour bar" system. We continue to monitor the local market and our other Hilton properties to ensure that we remain competitive. In a time when many hotels are closing their lounges or charging premium prices, we are pleased to be able to continue to offer our full services at a modest price. We will continue to review this area and we do appreciate your comments.

As an alternative to local restaurants, the Hilton Toronto does offer three outstanding food and beverage options within the hotel: Tundra Restaurant and Bar featuring "Canadian Fusion" cuisine inspired by Chef Kevin Prendergast, Barrister"s Bar & Grill for more casual fare (that is serviced by our main kitchen - we don't tend to run out of any of the menu items) and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse located on the convention level. I would certainly recommend any of these choices to compliment your stay at the hotel.

Thanks again for sharing your comments - we greatly appreciate it and look forward to welcoming you back for your next visit!!

dt60143
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 March 2010

A weekend get away for a couple of days, but couldn't afford to fly anywhere far away! I wanted to be away from Illinois and enjoy some quiet time. On the radio shopping show I saw a certificate for the Golden package at the Hilton Garden Toronto and decided to go for it! The trip is only one hour and fifteen minutes away and yet you feel like you are in a different country when you go to the Hilton Toronto.

I first was greeted by Suzanna who checked me in and welcomed me there. She told me anything I needed and wanted to make my trip enjoyable let her know. We talked a little afterwards after she checked me in. She made certain that I knew what my trip included. While I was out of my room for maybe twenty minutes to my pleasant surprise I had a bottle of champagne of ice and a cheese and fruit tray big enough for three people to eat off of. A card with my completed name on it says Welcome to Hilton Toronto, Enjoy the exhibit and your stay and wake like an Egyptian, Cordially, Edwin. The King Tut was very easy to get to and a real interesting exhibit.

The Hilton Toronto was outstanding! The rooms were clean and so comfortable. My favorite part was definitely the executive lounge. There I met Jim, one of Hilton's employees. That guy went out of his way to make certain I was enjoying that executive lounge.

On that Monday, March 1, 2010 I met Annette. This is truly someone you should know. Annette kept in touch with me from my getting there and my leaving. Everything was so organized for my trip.

I would definitely, recommend anyone or ones that want the royal treatment goes to this place and your life will never be the same.

By the way, Susan you help me to by telling me call the hotel and tell them about my needing more time to correct my passport book and just as you said I was accommodated to the highest. Susan, thank you.

Radio Shopping, I am going again your deal or mines

Again, thanks!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank debra60143
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 8 March 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thank you for sharing such great feedback about your experience with us! We are so pleased that you felt like "King for a Day"!!

The King Tut exhibit is in Toronto until April 18th, 2010. We do hope that more guests will take advantage of the only Canadian stop on his tour this year!

We look forward to welcoming you back to Toronto in the future for more exciting experiences!

Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 March 2010

I have complained about the internet speed for the last few weeks, and finally it has been resolved. Now, I get a good 2+ Mbps connection. Now I'm a happy customer :-)

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank arahantatl
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thank you for updating us on your experience! We do consider feedback a gift and appreciate your recognition that your issue was resolved to your satisfaction!

Safe Travels!

Savannah, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 February 2010

I was on a trip for business and pleasure to Canada and enjoyed my stay downtown. Very nice bar downstairs and nice view from my 7th floor room.

Stayed December 2008, travelled solo
Dear Trip Advisor Member....

Thanks for the comments! We are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit! If you liked the view from the 7th floor, next time, request a "higher floor"....you should see the view from the 31st floor! We hope to see you again soon!

Safe travels!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2010

Great property. Location is great, easy walk everywhere in downtown and quick access to highway. Rooms are nice, views amazing (don't miss the glass elevators) and breakfast is amazing ( not included). Toronto is lots of fun.

• Stayed December 2008
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 22 February 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thanks for the great feedback! We are so glad to hear that you enjoyed your experience! Come back and visit us again soon!

Warm Wishes,

Hamilton, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2010

Noteworthy:

Rooms - Although small, as noted in other reviews, I wouldn't say excessively so. We didn't spend a lot of time in it but while there, very comfortable and had all necessary conviences....except a fridge. The view was "cool" according to my kids (8&10) especially being able to see the CN Tower lit up at night. The linens on the bed were of better quality and were comfortable and cozy. The towels were adequate but not spectacular. Robes aren't left in the room but you can call and ask for them. The room...including bathroom...were spotless. Modern decor. This room would work for us as a family, a couple, or for business.

Upgrade to Executive Lounge - Highly recommend this....I think this was actually the biggest selling point for ALL of us. Complimentary drinks, snacks, continental breakfast, and computer/internet access. It was very tastefully decorated as well as welcoming and comfortable. Views from both sides of hotel and TV (the kids watched the Olympics). There was also access to a board room here...didn't use it but looked nice. The staff here were wonderful. A gentleman named Jim was here for most of our stay and made our stay feel a little more personal. He was helpful and attentive....the kids really liked him too!!

Indoor/Outdoor Pool - A little on cool side but clean. The novelty of it being indoor outdoor made it a little more exciting too!! Towel shortage as well but no big deal as we had robes we asked for.

"Scenic Elevators" - Very cool novelty...the kids thought this was great....waited for these elevators every time!!

Location - We went to the opera at the Four Season's Center so the location couldn't have been any more convenient....right across the street. There is a subway station there as well so you can anywhere quite easily. An easy walk to AGO, Queen's Park, and the ROM.

Overall, we would definitely return and would also recommend to others without hesitation. Thanks to you Jim for the added touch!!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
HiltonYYZ, General Manager at Hilton Toronto, responded to this review, 19 February 2010
Dear Trip Advisor Member...

Thanks so much for providing such a wonderful and comprehensive review of your experience at the Hilton Toronto! Our entire team looks forward to welcoming you back again in the very near future!