“Great Location!”

Ranked #28 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
“Great Location!”
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel centered right in the middle of all the Downtown Toronto action!! Our room was very spacious, clean and modern. The huge Eaton Centre mall is just steps away as well.

The only draw back for this hotel would be that they do not offer breakfast and parking. Be careful when using the underground public parking garage next door it is a maze to find your way out of!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recent stay was lovely. The room, the bed, the location in walking distance to all of the business and pleasure we needed... But it's the staff that stand out as special! ...from the first person we met at the desk, to the last (parking attendant who was so friendly and helpful when we accidentally left our key/ability to get out of the parking garage) ...but the special moment was when we randomly saw a doorman offer to take pictures of a Mom and her children. Friendly!

Only downside... I am never a fan of wifi that costs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 695Travel_girl75
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always appreciate when a guest shares their special moments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!
Dallas, Texas, United States
Reviewed 27 June 2014

When you spend as many nights every year in a Marriott, you come to expect certain things...and unfortunately take some things for granted. So I was pleasantly surprised when I checked into this Marriott. Nothing special about the physical plant, the room was spacious and nice. The Fitness Center was a little bigger than some and was equipped with barbells as well as machines and dumbbells. All of the things I expect when I come to any Marriott. What really stood out was the service. From the check in to check out everyone was warm and friendly and so very helpful. The concierge, both in the evening and in the morning were fantastic. I witnessed them going out of there way for a couple of guests and was very impressed. I was only there for one night but certainly look forward to returning to both Toronto and this Marriott.

Room Tip: I prefer a room at the end of the hallway well away from the elevators. Less traffic and noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Douglas G
Thank you for the great comments! We are so happy to hear you enjoyed our concierge lounge, and will be sure to pass along your kind words to the rest of our team.
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 June 2014

The main attraction of this hotel is the location! This would be the ideal hotel for tourists. But being in central Toronto means the price is quite a bit. It was worth it as the rooms were clean and comfortable, the staff were friendly, and it was within walking distance to the mall and some good restaurants. Enjoyed our stay!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ashlynn_SM
Granby, Connecticut
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Stayed here many times. Rooms are spacious and corner rooms have u I questions corners which make for great views. Buffet breakfast is excellent. The best I have had at any marriott. Location is great and area is very vibrant and safe for walking AL all hours

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank ledgeroni
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I chose this hotel because it is my first visit to Toronto and I wanted stay somewhere central. In terms of location, then this hotel is great. It is right in the heart of downtown Toronto and next door to the major mall of Eaton Centre. So shops, and a great food court are right next door. It is also next to Dundas Square and there are many shops and eateries just a few steps away. The subway is also there, and so is the PATH (underground shopping tunnels).

So I really liked the hotel for its location.

However, the room is average, nothing fancy. They do not provide complimentary bottled water, but the room also did not have a minibar (I was very surprised!) nor a kettle to boil water. Perhaps Canadians drink straight from the tap, but as a foreign visitor, I wasn't so comfortable doing so. I do understand if they choose not to provide complimentary bottled water, but then they should at least provide a kettle or a minibar. When I enquired about the minibar, I was told that it is only available upon request. This is my first experience (and I travel quite frequently) at a good-class business hotel where there is no minibar.

The amenities are also limited - again, surprising for a good-class business hotel. No shower cap, no cotton buds, no bedroom slippers. (I can't recall if they provided bathrobes or not).

A strange thing happened when I checked in -- the room I was assigned to did not exist!! The bellboy and I walked up and down looking for the room, but there was no such room number. I asked the bellboy to call down to the Front Desk to check, and he was given a different room number. I asked the bellboy if he was 100% sure that was my room, as I didn't want anyone trying to enter my room while I'm was in it!

The staff at the hotel were very good. Good service, friendly, helpful.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank MunkyMama68
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 26 June 2014
Thanks for taking the time to offer your feedback as it pertains to your last stay with us.

Thank you for recognizing our Hosts for the servcie that they provided to you.

In order for us to better prepare for future stays please email me your personal details at frank.strippoli@marriott.com and I will update your guest profile.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations this trip and truly hope that we will be given an opportunity to make it up to you in the future.

Best,
frank
San Jose, United States
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Most Marriotts are pretty predictable (which is a good thing), but the service at this location is a step above. Reservation desk, bell captain, front desk all super friendly. The concierge level is off lobby (a little different than most marriotts) but the service there was superlative - the elder lady helping with breakfast in mornings was very friendly. Location is outstanding - adjacent to Eaton Centre. Also needed a rollaway bed in a tight quarters - front desk was able to help. Only minus would be a very tiny pool/jacuzzi area (skip it) and the walkway to eaton centre closed (not a big deal - but not clearly marked). Would stay again

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family