“A decent stay for a short business trip”

Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Ranked #29 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Great Midwest
“A decent stay for a short business trip”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I stayed here 1 night for a short business trip on July 8, 2014. This place is a decent business hotel however I did see a few tourist staying here. The hotel is fine and the lobby is good with full valet parking and bell staff. I was quickly checked into my room by the desk staff and nicely greeted and soon doing my work. Upon entering my room I found it clean, neat, and tidy. The rooms are starting to show their age and need some freshening up. The towels are a bit thin and cheap but the linens and pillows were decent. Wallpaper was starting to peel away from the bathroom walls and the tub and counter pretty well aged. The hotel and room provided everything I needed. I did use the pool and hot tub and found it to be clean. In the morning the buffet breakfast was very nice and had just about anything one could want. Note the hotel is just a few short steps away from the Eaton Centre indoor shopping mall and you can walk to a lot of places from this hotel and the location is good. I would stay here again for a short trip but if I were traveling for leisure with the family I would opt for the Ritz Carlton Toronto.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank caymankid
Frank S, Director of Operations at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2014
Thank you for taking the time to detail your overall experience and I appreciate all the great comments pertaining to the individual interaction you had with our team. The feedback on some the defiencies will help us improve the overall appearance. Thank you for your loyalty and hope to see you back in our hotel in the near future.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (229)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014

Lovely chap behind the bar who looked after us the first night. Breakfast staff were a plenty and very helpful/attentive. All round the staff were very nice. Rooms average but clean. Food/breakfast good. A full length mirror in the rooms would have been helpful. Great location to visit the Eaton centre shopping centre

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Angela K
Frank S, Director of Operations at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 9 July 2014
Angela - thanks for taking the time to highlight the wonderful service you experienced while staying at our hotel, great to hear that our employees were engaging. We have recently installed a full length mirror in every guest room closet . Hope to see you back in the hotel next time you visit Toronto.
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Everytime I visit downtown Toronto I stay here. I work at a Marriott property myself, and I expect the same service when staying at other properties. However, the last time I stayed here not all of staff was as hospitable as expected. Paulina, and the valet staff were amazing!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank I9732MVSteph
Stittsville, Canada
Reviewed 3 July 2014

Despite the name, this hotel is not attached to the Eaton Centre - which was my first mistake as I walked around the mall trying to find the lobby at first. It’s only a short walk away, however - which is great for anyone looking to make a shopping trip. It is not connected to the underground city though, so you will have to go outside during winter or when it’s raining.

Checkin was very smooth, as I’d used the mobile check-in tool. Staff were friendly, and quickly handed me my preset room keys - after a quick change to a late checkout. My room was a good size, although the hotel doesn’t have the height to provide scenic views of Toronto. It still felt very comfortable though, with plenty of space.

The lounge was right off the lobby, but had several tables and hot snack options in the evening. The one quirk was breakfast - breakfast was not served in the lounge; instead you have to leave and go to the restaurant, mention that you have lounge access, and choose your meal. Then walk back to the lounge, jungle with your room key and food, and pull open the door. Not the most ideal process for top tier members.

The gym on the top floor has large glass windows, with the cardio equipment facing out - great to have a view when working out.

A comfortable hotel, however I have other top choices for staying in Toronto downtown.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank Jeff R
Beverley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2014

A wonderful hotel right in the centre of Toronto. Not cheap but well worth the money. Room spacious and very clean. Beds comfortable. We could not fault the staff who were fantastic. Helpful and curtious but not stuffy. Breakfast was included in our deal. Help yourself buffet and all you can eat. In all we could not fault this hotel. Can also recommend the sightseeing open topped bus. The ticket is open for 3 days and includes a boat trip to Toronto Island and round the harbour. All in all a memorable viist.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor with a view of offices and air con units. This did not bother us as we we...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Angela M
Reviewed 1 July 2014

This was a very nice hotel centered right in the middle of all the Downtown Toronto action!! Our room was very spacious, clean and modern. The huge Eaton Centre mall is just steps away as well.

The only draw back for this hotel would be that they do not offer breakfast and parking. Be careful when using the underground public parking garage next door it is a maze to find your way out of!!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
New York City, New York
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Recent stay was lovely. The room, the bed, the location in walking distance to all of the business and pleasure we needed... But it's the staff that stand out as special! ...from the first person we met at the desk, to the last (parking attendant who was so friendly and helpful when we accidentally left our key/ability to get out of the parking garage) ...but the special moment was when we randomly saw a doorman offer to take pictures of a Mom and her children. Friendly!

Only downside... I am never a fan of wifi that costs.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank 695Travel_girl75
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Thank you for sharing your experience with us. We always appreciate when a guest shares their special moments. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!