“At Home In Canada”

Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Ranked #31 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently returned to Toronto for a business trip, and booked my stay with my old stand by the Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre. It has been a couple of years since I have stayed with the hotel, and I have to say that they have renovated the hotel, and it's a great place to stay. The Lobby is redone, and the associates that I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. The Concierge lounge, now found on the main floor, provided a great breakfast. Grab a tray in the lounge, come out and pick your food choices from the restaurant, and then go back in and eat in the lounge. The rooms were nicely redone, and the beds comfortable, the only issue that I had was with what seemed like elevator noise, I was in room 1632, and could hear mechanical noise.

The hotel is located in the center of many shops, restaurants, and had easy access to the PATH. Without traffic, the airport is about 25 minutes with a car, in rush hours, multiple times that. Overall my experience with the hotel and it's amenities was great. I would recommend my fellow Marriott members to check out the hotel for your next Toronto Stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is very nicely located downtown. The staff was very friendly when checking in. We were able to use my husband's Marriott points to pay for the hotel but I know what the room would cost with normal payment. Comparable to other hotels in the downtown core which is expensive. Toronto is disgustingly expensive.
The bed was very hard in our room and both my husband and I were woken up by the sound of chewing in the wall behind the headboard. I'm hoping it wasn't what I think it was.

Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our first stay here. It had a lot going for it and I didn't see any other hotels in Toronto which had a better location.

No negatives were found. It is a bit pricey but not out of line with other large city hotels.

Strengths:
- Good quality hotel.
- Very close to Eaton Centre
- Close to other attractions such as the Hop-On bus
- Helpful and friendly staff.
- Convenient, but expensive, parking
- Rooms were of good quality.
- Breakfast is quite good.

Advice:
- Get a room with a breakfast package. Use of the concierge lounge for breakfast and early evening snacks is a plus.
- For dinner - consider just going down to the food court in Eaton Centre, lower level. It is the best food court I have ever seen. We brought back our dinners and found it to be the best way to go in terms of cost, variety and quiet.
- Try to get a room overlooking Trinity Square... nice view and quiet.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Trinity square. Better view and quieter. One slight downside to this...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a great 3 night stay here when exploring Toronto. The location of the hotel is fantastic, as it is just a very short walk away from the Toronto Eaton Centre Mall and many places to eat. The sightseeing bus also goes from just a few minutes walk at Yonge Dundas Square.

Room was very large and well appointed - very comfortable armchair and footstool for relaxing on with a coffee after a day shopping with the wife!

I wouldn't pay the extra for the breakfast - plenty of much cheaper option available all within 5 minute walk.

We also used the Downtown Express bus from the airport which drops off and picks up just 250 metres from hotel.

Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a base to explore this great city. If revisiting Toronto I would stay here again without even looking elsewhere.

1  Thank shutcheson
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Great location for staying downtown. We just finished a long 4 day weekend. Hotel is a short walk to the Eaton Center (especially from the back entrance of hotel, next to the restaurant), several parks, city tour pickup, subway and many restaurants. Very vibrant area with many local events (July visit). Hotel service was top shelf, room was well kept and everything in good working order. Daily servicing of the room was excellent. My only regret is not booking a suite (none were available when we checked in). Restaurant does a good breakfast during the week and they took it up a notch on the weekend. We did not sample lunch or dinner which is available. No shortage of restaurants so it seems the hotel caters more to the convienence meals which worked well for us. The concierge room is adjacent to the restaurant which was a plus. There is on site parking which is a little pricy but less hassle. If I did not have a car from my business trip I would have used the public transportation instead, we really did not need a car. You can book tours for Niagra Falls from Toronto. From what we experienced, this is a perfect location for visiting the city combined with the level of quality you'd expect from a Marriott.

Room Tip: Bay Street is busy so to avoid street noise request the other side of the hotel. Hotel is built mor...
1  Thank Dean A
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was very conveniently located and the staff went out of their way to make us feel at home.
Rooms very clean, breakfast good.
what stayed more with us was the outstanding and friendly service we received

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank francine229073
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 July 2014

Thank you for your kind words. I am so pleased to hear our staff was able to make you feel at home while visiting The Marriott Eaton Centre. We look forward to hosting you again in the future!

Reviewed 11 July 2014

+ Room perks: coded safe to store your valuables, blow dryer, iron and ironing board, recycle bin, complimentary tea and coffee. I Also appreciated the Bible and Book of Mormon. I'm not Mormon, but I admire the conviction of the founder in not dissimulating his beliefs.
+Nice rooftop fitness room complete with clean towels, cool water and fresh fruit
+tasty restaurant in the lobby area
+receptionist (Mona) that spoke Arabic!
- no usb outlet to recharge phones (for those who don't have American plugs)
- needs to be remodeled - especially the lobby area
-noticeable understaffed at the front desk