Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Dehradun, India
“Good Hotel”
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We stayed here for four days on a holiday. Hotel situated at a very nice location with very clean and airy rooms.Breakfast served in the restaurant was excellent though the restaurant staff was a little rude at times due to heavy rush. The check in was quick. The hotel staff was friendly.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (232)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
Reviewed 24 July 2014

The second week of july we spent 2 nights at the Marriott. Location is excellent, Our room was very comfortable. Service was very efficient.
The city itself was a very good surprise.You dont need a car.

1 Thank halibut47
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We stayed here on an extended layover on my partner's points. Check in was quick and simple - lobby was rather congested with people on laptops and mobiles, taking advantage of the free lobby wifi (in-room wifi costs approx. $11 or 16 a day depending on speed choice, complimentary for gold/platinum members).

Room was standard, spacious, quiet and hotel generic. There is no minibar, but a coffee/tea machine with to-go cups. I notably appreciated the makeup remover towelettes stocked in the bathroom.

Room service was decent, we were extremely tired from our delayed flight and didn't feel like venturing out for late dinner. The chili was too "vinegar-ish" and oily, pepperoni pizza was blah. The hotel is extremely central, so I'd highly recommend dining out as much as possible if you're not too exhausted.

Overall positive experience, unsure if I'd return, but the location is very hard to beat and excellent for people who enjoy walking around the city.

Green Features: The mini blue recycling bin in the closet was very cute and "Canadian".
1 Thank grumpykins
Olathe, Kansas, United States
Reviewed 20 July 2014

I recently returned to Toronto for a business trip, and booked my stay with my old stand by the Marriott Toronto Eaton Centre. It has been a couple of years since I have stayed with the hotel, and I have to say that they have renovated the hotel, and it's a great place to stay. The Lobby is redone, and the associates that I interacted with were very friendly and helpful. The Concierge lounge, now found on the main floor, provided a great breakfast. Grab a tray in the lounge, come out and pick your food choices from the restaurant, and then go back in and eat in the lounge. The rooms were nicely redone, and the beds comfortable, the only issue that I had was with what seemed like elevator noise, I was in room 1632, and could hear mechanical noise.

The hotel is located in the center of many shops, restaurants, and had easy access to the PATH. Without traffic, the airport is about 25 minutes with a car, in rush hours, multiple times that. Overall my experience with the hotel and it's amenities was great. I would recommend my fellow Marriott members to check out the hotel for your next Toronto Stay.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Komoka, Canada
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is very nicely located downtown. The staff was very friendly when checking in. We were able to use my husband's Marriott points to pay for the hotel but I know what the room would cost with normal payment. Comparable to other hotels in the downtown core which is expensive. Toronto is disgustingly expensive.
The bed was very hard in our room and both my husband and I were woken up by the sound of chewing in the wall behind the headboard. I'm hoping it wasn't what I think it was.

Lebanon, Ohio
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our first stay here. It had a lot going for it and I didn't see any other hotels in Toronto which had a better location.

No negatives were found. It is a bit pricey but not out of line with other large city hotels.

Strengths:
- Good quality hotel.
- Very close to Eaton Centre
- Close to other attractions such as the Hop-On bus
- Helpful and friendly staff.
- Convenient, but expensive, parking
- Rooms were of good quality.
- Breakfast is quite good.

Advice:
- Get a room with a breakfast package. Use of the concierge lounge for breakfast and early evening snacks is a plus.
- For dinner - consider just going down to the food court in Eaton Centre, lower level. It is the best food court I have ever seen. We brought back our dinners and found it to be the best way to go in terms of cost, variety and quiet.
- Try to get a room overlooking Trinity Square... nice view and quiet.

Room Tip: Try to get a room overlooking Trinity square. Better view and quieter. One slight downside to this...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Fife, Scotland
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Had a great 3 night stay here when exploring Toronto. The location of the hotel is fantastic, as it is just a very short walk away from the Toronto Eaton Centre Mall and many places to eat. The sightseeing bus also goes from just a few minutes walk at Yonge Dundas Square.

Room was very large and well appointed - very comfortable armchair and footstool for relaxing on with a coffee after a day shopping with the wife!

I wouldn't pay the extra for the breakfast - plenty of much cheaper option available all within 5 minute walk.

We also used the Downtown Express bus from the airport which drops off and picks up just 250 metres from hotel.

Would definitely recommend to anyone wanting a base to explore this great city. If revisiting Toronto I would stay here again without even looking elsewhere.

1 Thank shutcheson