Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel
Ranked #30 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 17 August 2014

This hotel was a very good surprise. It provides an excellent location at a fair price. I have no complaints and will stay here again whenever I am in the Toronto area. The housekeeping at this place is excellent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank SpinSpan
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Thank you for your great feedback. We look forward to your next stay with us!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Overall a pretty good hotel. It is just a standard run of the mill hotel without frills. There is nothing wrong with not having frills, I think overall its a good hotel for the price.

PRO:
- checked in early (9am) without any issues
- great price
- good customer service

CONS:
- I was skip the room service, not great food.
- internet was great one night and then the next I couldn't get it to work. THe upside to this is that they have a tech guy on staff to help with these issues (so thats a nice pro). They ended up giving me my money back for the internet that evening as well.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank Jennifer E
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We traveled from PA as a group of 8, we were beyond tired by the time we got to the hotel as we were stuck in traffic for 3-4 hours due to the Caribbean parade. Upon arrival, valet unloaded the bags and took them inside to the check in bags very quickly. We originally had booked this hotel 6 months ago with 2 king bed rooms. About 4 months ago, I changed them to be 2 double rooms. The front desk agent that helped me was Lesly. She initially told me my reservation still showed 2 king beds, she only changed the one room to a double since that's all that was left. For the second room she changed it to a king bed with a pullout bed. She did it all with no trouble and apologized for the mistake. I told Lesly of our situation that upon checkout we would be leaving late and she gracefully gave us a later check out and later parking time. I thanked her a lot as we were tired and didn't want to deal with that when we were going to leave. The rooms were nice and all but one problem I had was that the room had no fridge in it. We had brought a couple drinks and food that need to be kept cool so we had to use the bucket that's used for recycling and add ice to it. It got annoying after awhile that we had to keep adding ice but we dealt with it. Also, I feel as though wifi should be included throughout this hotel as this was an already expensive hotel to stay at and if you wanted to use wifi you had to go all the way down to the lobby. Toronto is an expensive city, so word of advice is to bring plenty of money and exchange it to Canadian because some places rip you off saying it's equivalent, when it's really not. Or just use your credit card. For example, I paid half of reservation in cash and half on my card. The half on my card was $330 in Canadian dollars and only my credit card statement it only came up as $220 in US dollars. Overall this stay was ok, like I mentioned before my only complaint was having no fridge and no free wifi in the rooms. I want to strongly emphasize that Lesly was great at the front desk and definitely did everything she can to make our stay a lot better.

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Acg1224
Reviewed 6 August 2014

This wasn't one of my best stays at this property. I've been staying at this property since '99 and had some really nice experiences. This time was a little different. I had a problem with finding a better price once I checked in. I called and was told it would be adjusted. When I got my bill I had to go down to talk to the manager about the adjustment. He knew the web price was better than the rate I had gotten earlier but told me he would have to get back to me on it. In the end the adjustment was made.
What really bothered me is the all clear announcement went out on the public announcement system at 5:30am. There was no alarm prior to that. I asked what happened and they explained they caught someone smoking. I asked why the all clear was announced and the actual alarm wasn't. They said they have the ability to override the alarm but not the all clear. ? Seems that they shouldn't be allowed to override the one without the other but maybe that's just me.
Not a bad stay, just not nearly as good as in the past.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank HP006
Frank S, Manager at Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 August 2014

Thank you for taking the time to explain your concern. Please be assured this will be discussed with the operation team to avoid it from happening again in the future. Really appreciate you loyalty and being our guest since 1999!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

Everything was amazing! Excellent service! Congratulations!
Just like a suggestion, you should include hand cream in the room, or in the store. =) At the beginning we have a little problem with the credit card but very gently, the person in charge of the front desk resolved our problem.
Everybody was very kindness and respectful.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Verito1987
Reviewed 1 August 2014

This hotel has a restaurant which serves the best breakfast in town. Highly recommend it. I loved the location. Close to attractions in downtown. Parking was difficult, thats why I gave 4 stars. Loved the breakfast here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends

Glad to hear you enjoyed your breakfast in Trios Bistro. I will be sure to share your comments with our chef and the rest of the team!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

Could not get any better location next to eaton centre. Next to dundas square and the happening place. Subway underneath the mall as well. However, very expensive for CAD 350 per night no free wifi ( this is not acceptable) and breakfast was not free
Room very clean and reception very pleasant

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family