“Honeymoon 2013”
Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #63 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 October 2013

So we arrive it did not look bad from the street . Our room was not ready but were told it would be in 15 minutes . OK its ready we make our way to the 16th floor with a ton of luggage and walk into a room that has not been cleaned at all . full trash cans , unmade bed towels on the floor , we thought people were still there . back down they put us in another room its questionably clean . We just got done a 10 hour drive so we decided to clean it ourselves . Day one hit on in the bathroom by the pool area by a male prostitute . Day two the room looses internet access . So everyone is in the lobby using the wifi . I just needed to check my mail once or twice day and found that the stairs on the 11th floor had wifi access so there I sit in the morning checking email . We were told they would comp us for parking for your trouble they didn't . Half of the room are apts. and people live there year around . Thanks Expedia again for setting us up in a LOW grade hotel . Expedia sucks and that's putting it nicely . The hotel is just OK I would look for another place . It is however in a perfect location . You can walk to all the gay bars and stager home .

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mark S

Reviewed 30 October 2013

Let's start with the bad. The hallways are a little narrow, the kitchen sink was a little small...Yes I'm stretching for stuff. I stayed here from Thursday to Sunday. The place was nice. The location is a 20 minute walk from the heart of downtown and I had a great view from my 22nd floor balcony. The suite was clean, comfortable and tastefully designed. I obviously stayed in one of the renovated rooms. The bed was comfortable. The pool was nice (swam there twice), the hotel staff were helpful. Look I have stayed in nicer hotels, but I paid $130 a night for a downtown suite. It is not a swanky, lush hotel. It is a clean and comfortable hotel that you can bring company too. I will be returning the next time I come to Toronto. I recommend this hotel to anyone.

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room. If you can get a southern facing room as the downtown view is fantastic. T...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 October 2013

We have just returned from 4 days in Toronto. We were a family of 5...4 adults and 1 child travelling to Toronto for Fashion Week. The service and accommodation at the Town Inn Suites perfectly suited our needs. The location was fantastic. Close to the subway, restaurants and shopping. The Inn itself could use a little tlc but the staff and space were perfect...especially for the price...totally affordable. Thank you so much for helping us to have an awesome visit with family.....a wonderful experience.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 October 2013

Booked in 26th Sept for 7 days then again on 7th Oct for 9 days 2013.I have read some really bad reviews on this place so of course I was sceptical,I knew I had the option of cancelling my second stay so I deceided to take the chance and oh! I am so glad I did.The rooms have recently been refurbished and had all amenities including fridge/freezer,cooker,micro,toaster,elec kettle,pots and pans,plates and crockery,coffee perculator (coffee provided) 2xTvs and you can watch Toronto slip by from the large balcony area.The location is perfect for anyone 5 mins from CN tower,harbour front,Blue Jays stadium,and Union station,2 mins from bus station and Bloor East subway.There are many bars and eating places within walking distance in fact everything is within walking distance.The rooms are cleaned every day and if you like a long lie you only have to tell your maid what time is best for you as they work throughout the day.The staff were excellent and nothing was to much trouble.
If you are going to toronto for more than 1 day this is the place to stay.Thank you Town Inn from both Myself and my Wife.Tony & Rung Phinn

Room Tip: I stayed on both 13th and 16th floor and did not find any difference.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 October 2013

This hotel is a huge rip-off. I refused to stay in the rooms we were originally given, even though we were going to lose over $450. The floors were beyond filthy - I was terrified for my kids to touch anything in the room. The carpets were gross, stained, and smelled of smoke. The location was not good either as it is located far away from the water and the nice part of town. After speaking to the manager, we were offered an upgrade to the corporate apartments. Although these weren't nice by any means, they were better than the original rooms. It was late and we were tired, so we ended up staying. The bed frame was broken and pieces of mdf were splitting and easily seen in this upgraded room. The bath tub grout was filthy too. I showered with flip flops on, but chose to skip my children's baths for safety reasons. I am utterly disgusted that I had to stay here and that the standards of this hotel are so low. PLEASE DO NOT STAY HERE.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Mattfswife
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 28 October 2013

Dear guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your recent stay. We take all reviews very seriously. It is unfortunate that your stay was not a pleasant one and I do apologize for this. I understand that after your issue with the original room our manager upgraded you to corporate suites at no additional cost in order to make your stay as comfortable as possible.
Going forward for 2013 and 2014 new corridor carpeting will be installed on every floor as well as hardwood flooring for our suites. We would be delighted to have you back and experience all our new upgrades.
Sincerely
shelley, manager shelley@towninn.com

Reviewed 15 October 2013

stayed in town inn's standard room for 5 weeks... a very comfortable and safe place to stay... not very close to downtown's hustle bustle, but not far either... walkable distance… try it... I was not disappointed :-)

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 October 2013

We first stayed at the Town Inn almost 40 years ago when the building was relatively new and again 25 years ago when it was still in good condition. Nine years ago we again began spending a couple of months a year there when the place was really at its lowest point of neglect but improvements were underway. Each year since the improvements have been noticeable. Now the place is very comfortable (unless you are on the side where the balconies are being redone and an adjacent building under construction). The location is superior with easy access to downtown and the subway system. The staff are very friendly and helpful. We have always found them willing to resolve problems as rapidly as possible and do the very best they can while in the middle of continuing renovations.

We have found the manager Maged to be especially helpful. Overall, it is our favorite place to stay for a couple of months each summer.

Room Tip: south side may be noisy until renovations and new construction are completed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family