“very pleasant stay”

Ranked #66 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Québec
“very pleasant stay”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2014

we stayed at the town innn suites from sunday april 6 to thursday 10..we were lookin for accomodations for four people...and were there for medical reasons..being there for an extended periode can certainly have a strain on your budget..we looked at the accomodations available on line and decided on the town inn suites for location and price..my wife contacted the manager Maged and to make sure everything would be suitable for our needs.must say the gentleman was very helpfull to seeing to our needs as well as the rest of his staff..we were very pleased with our stay..very quiet..close enough to our goal..great parking..underground..nice pool..exercise room..close to young street ..entertainment and shopping..our room was a room with a bedroom and kitchenette with fridge microwave..toaster ..oven..plus we had a room in the livingroom to accomodate us..a tv...balconny..all in all very comfortable ..plus price was decent...thank you Maged for your attention ...hope to see you again..
p.s. special mention to front desk..especially young man who was there sunday evening..very helpfull..always smilling..a pleasure talking to a front desk that is so friendly and eager to solve your concerns

Room Tip: building undergoing renos..so best to stay in renoed rooms..loved the no carpet in the rooms
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
TISHotelManager, General Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Good day,
Thank you very much for taking the time to review your stay with us. We very much appreciate the feedback and the kind words. It was our pleasure to accommodate you and the family. We are very happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we all look forward to welcoming you back to the Town Inn Suites.

Maged

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (127)
  • Finnish first
San Francisco, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed with my husband and son in the Junior suites for two nights 4/1-4/3. After 2 nights in our rooms, we realized that there was dried blood on the comforter of the bed at the main bedroom. That was not a small spot, but almost 1/2 size of the comforter at both sides. We called housekeeping and front desk who inspected the comforters, but we felt so upset that we slept in unsanitary conditions for 2 nights. When we checked out to the hotel, the front desk said the manager would contact us for accommodation or "He would do something" for our unpleasant stay. We waited it for few days, nothing happened, so we called the hotel to ask the email of the manager. We wrote him a short letter to express our discomfort, he responded "Your discounted rate was based on minimum 3 nights stay, stays of 2 nights are charged at the full rate of $129 + tax per night, however we did maintain the discount for you and we also waived the cost of parking and WIFI. That’s savings of over $113." Really? The discount rate was reflected on my original book I made online, not an accommodation. They did charged $24.65 for parking- It appears on my credit statement. What is he talking about waiving parking fee? I didn't ask for the free WiFi, but it was the offer to cover the mistake made by the front desk employee. Upon my check in, I gave my husband's name to the front desk as he would arrive to the hotel later; however the hotel employee had me wrote down my husband's full name on the check-in reservation sheet and filed it at the box. She said that she was busy at that moment and would added his name to the system when she had time. She forgot to do her job and my husband couldn't check in to the hotel when he arrived. I've stepped out to hotel far away at that time and I couldn't come back to let him in. He had to carry his luggage all over Toronto as he was not able to check in. It interrupted our trip itinerary and it caused us inconvenience.

That was absolutely unpleasant stay.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
TISHotelManager, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, 15 April 2014
Good day,
Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us. We appreciate the feedback and we are sorry to hear of your concerns.

We assure you that charges were waived as noted in our correspondence. If you require any further assistance please don’t hesitate to contact the hotel directly.

Best regards,
Town Inn Suites Management
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 April 2014

For a room with the kitchenette, plus two separate standard beds instead of a pullout sofa in the living, the value for the price was very high. The building is solid with thick walls more like an apartment building than a simple hotel which was great for noise reduction. The staff was very helpful. I had requested a renovated room so they offered for me to choose between two different available rooms upon arrival. The location close to our seminar at the university was priceless. We walked to Whole Foods for groceries and cooked all our meals at the suite. We were not able to find a suite with a kitchenette for less than double the price of this one! Unfortunately, from some of the reviews the people expected more than they received. if you go in with realistic expectations you will satisfied.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Cfalkenburg
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, 11 April 2014
Dear C Falkenburg

Thank you so much for the wonderful review of our hotel. We are delighted that our hotel fit all your needs and that you enjoyed your stay with us. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back as a regular guest in the future.

Kindest regards,
Shelley, manager
shelley@towninn.com
New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 March 2014

A very good hotel right in the heart of downtown with easy access to subway, buses etc or restaurants, fast food joints, shopping malls The rooms are quite big and the rates are very reasonable. Most important, a very helpful team of hotel staff including the General manager who takes care of your needs Asap. Very impressed, recommended for stay.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ricky M
St. Catharines, Canada
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

If you ask for a renovated room than you do a get a nice place to sleep and eat. So if that is what you are looking for than you will be ok. However, if you are looking for a place for a getaway, like I did you will be disappointed. I took my family for a getaway and planned to spend a day in the pool. We ended up staying only one night and checked out the next day. The pool hasn't been maintained. Rust , missing tiles( I can overlook that but not when there is rust and the pool is stained) , slimy and VERY COLD. The ceiling was leaking into the pool. The fitness facilities were not cleaned properly, my husband broke out in hives after using the floor mats/yoga mats. Only machines like treadmills where available, which I can handle but please disinfect the equipment several times daily please. My husband found a better place to stay for almost the same price and he saved me from the never ending complaints that I received from several family members.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank 29max
Whitefish, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 March 2014

My daughter and I checked in late and the room we had was not very nice, it was very run down and un kept but we went straight to bed the first night. The bathtub had been broken and was poorly patched. The wall in the closet on the opposite side from the tub had a terrible patch job, I think this was due to water leaking from the broken tub rotting the wall. The next day I noticed the wallpaper in the bathroom was lifted about two feet from the bottom, I lifted it up and looked underneath and it was full of black mold. We went to the front desk and immediately they changed our room, the staff is very nice but I believe the deal with this all the time. The new room was the total opposite, it was very nice, well kept, clean, making our last two nights very pleasurable. I liked the fact that it did not have carpet, I do find this cleaner. Do yourself a favor and ask for a renovated room right away, I read reviews before I went and should have known to do this but I thought I would see what I get, what a mistake. The review ratings I am giving are all based on the second room, if I were rating the first it would be a zero.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Craig R
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2014 via mobile

The pictures are false, the reception looks rally cute but the pictures if the rooms in the website aren't real, the bathroom was filthy, dust everywhere I will attach some pix, the bathroom didn't have hot water, the heating in one of the rooms was too hot, one was too cold, the carpet is smelly, the windows dirty... OMG I changed hotels after one night coz I'm allergic of dust, almost died overnight! If you stay there make sure you look the room before agree to stay!

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank Matbonf
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay. We take all our reviews very seriously and I was dissappointed to hear that your stay was not a pleasant one. I will certainly forward the issues to the appropriate departments and please accept my apologies for this. Going forward for 2014 we continue to upgrade our suites with hardwood flooring and I would be delighted to welcolme you back to experience our Deluxe suites with hardwood flooring, granite kitchen counter tops, stainless steel appliances and workstations.
Shelley, manager