“Overall great time!”
Review of Town Inn Suites

Town Inn Suites
Ranked #64 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The hotel is more like an apartment turned hotel. Very spacious, furniture a little dated but the bed was extremely comfortable. But the shower needed work, even in the king suite... The balconies are an amazing touch. Staff was friendly, great location. I would stay here again

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Turtlelov3
There are newer reviews for Town Inn Suites

Reviewed 29 June 2014

The price of the hotel did not reflect the quality of the stay. The kitchen and bedroom were both horrendously outdated. The pictures on the site definitely did not reflect the room we were hoping for. Not to mention that the internet was overpriced and then a limit was placed on the number of devices allowed to connect to the internet. Even the air conditioning unit was rusted and barely clunking along. The rooms are spacious enough and the service was decent.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 June 2014

I stayed here since it was the cheapest hotel that my boyfriend and I were only able to find. We bought a "Special Package" that includes hot breakfast and parking, which was what we needed. Checked-in the room and it was decent I suppose. I was a little worried about this place because of all the reviews. It would've been nice if they updated on their TVs since all of their Televisions are the huge ones from the 90's, which was disappointing. Had to use their amenities as much as possible to make our money worth it. The pool was nice, aside from the unpleasant view of the construction, and the water from the ceiling dripping into the pool. The breakfast was okay, but a little over-priced for $10 for a breakfast that was kinda small. No fruit provided in the restaurant either.

Would I come back here again? Maybe.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Loretta D
Reviewed 15 June 2014

It was like a scene out of coming to America... the website shows beautiful modern accommodation ... we got the ghetto suite.. no window screens... dirty bathroom, dust everywhere hanging from the ceilings..(had to use my puffer, which I rarely use) no window screens, some of the electrical outlets did not have covers.... cigarette burns in carpet, sagging old school cottage sofa..... The modern suites do exist... however I didn't get one. As I was leaving the cleaning person was in one of the nice suites and they do exist... This was the worst hotel I have been in.. I travel across the US for work and this was the worst I have seen.. The icing on the cake is the answer to this issue when brought up to management was "I am sorry" The manager is rude and nasty, my granddaughter fell asleep after flying from California and we were unpacking the car.. so it was out front... no other vehicles and he gets hostile... If he would just apply his attitude to his staff so they take care of the place and not his customers things would be better..
DO NOT STAY in this HOTEL.... you have a great location, but that is it.. unless you want to sleep on the balcony...

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
4  Thank 815MeMe
TISHotelManager, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 17 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay at the Town Inn Suites.
You had stayed with us for 2 nights in a 2 bedroom suite which was an upgrade from your original booking at no extra cost to you. We offered you another free upgrade to our Luxury suites but you declined. Our management team apologized for any inconvenience, and waived your parking, wireless internet fee for the 2 night stay and honored your request for a late check out. We are very surprised to see this review.
Shelley, Manager, shelley@towninn.com

Reviewed 11 June 2014

Even if you are a fan of the old Fawlty Towers tv show, you really would never want to stay in that hotel. I was forced to stay at the Town Inn when the Park Hyatt ran out of rooms. The Town Inn is a dog and by dog I mean the mangy, smelly kind of mutt that should be put down because it is so broken. The rooms look as if they were renovated by a weekend DIY husband who has no idea what he is doing. The floors were sticky. The table wobbled so much it was in danger of collapse if you put anything heavier than a cup of coffee on it. The chairs and bed were so low that you have to have well developed quads to get up off of them. The TV didn't work. Even better, whenever you plugged in something it fell out of the wall socket. The bathtub/shower was frightening. Sure looked like mould where the groat was missing. And PASS on the discount breakfast in the basement. By night this is a dine in the dark restaurant called noire and the reason they don't turn on the lights is that the place is so horrible you would run if you could see it. My breakfast potatoes were burnt beyond recognition. The sausages were charred. The toast crumbled and the eggs were rubbery. Don't ask me about the fruit . It may have been coffee in the serve yourself carafe...or not. It's probably a good place to stay with young kids as you won't have to worry about them damaging the room.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank sharl l
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 24 June 2014

Dear Guest
We are very sorry for your past experience at the Town Inn Suites. Guests satisfaction is very important to us.

As part of our customer satisfaction policy, we invite you for a stay in our hotel in our Deluxe suites so you can have the full experience that we offer.

Please contact me directly at shelley@towninn.com and I will happily assist you.
Best regards,
Shelley, manager

Reviewed 5 June 2014

Very cozy, pet-friendly hotel with an inviting front lobby.

On the north end of the Gay Village, Yonge Street, Bloor Street, Yorkville Shopping and close to several eateries (Croissant Tree Cafe right across the street), pharmacy, vets, subway, etc.

There is a small convenience store directly across form the hotel and a dog grooming salon and pet store for those who are bringing their pets with them.

Enjoyed the attentiveness of the front desk staff. Always helpful and accommodating!

The suite I stayed in was in mid-renovation (bedrooms done..kitchen and bathroom not re-decorated yet)..so it looked kind of "unfinished" but was clean and tidy.

Air-conditioning was great and it helped drown out the construction noise from condo construction adjacent to the Town Inn (west side).

My dog enjoyed the grassy area behind the hotel for running, and we met several other dogs/dog owners.

Parking garage was being cleaned when I was there, so inconvenienced by not accessing handicapped/disabled parking near garage-hotel door.

Shower curtain bar fell off twice….was easy to put back, but it's time to replace, upgrade bathroom!

Elevators were fast and always available with minimal wait times which my dog appreciated!

Room Tip: Ask for the "Summer Discount". They upgraded me from a single to a double bedroom suit...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This Hotel is a great place to stay. Everyone is so helpful and attentive, the Rooms are amazing. They really make you feel like home, instead of the usual Hotel Feel. Its Awesome.... I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank NatalieChamps
reshell, Manager at Town Inn Suites, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Natalie

Thank you for taking the time to review your most recent stay of the Town Inn Suites. We are thrilled that your group enjoyed their stay and that they were happy with our accomodations. We strive to make all our guests experience an excellent one and we value your feedback. Looking forward to having your group as regular guests of ours.

shelley, manager. shelley@towninn.com