“Wonderful experience”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #46 of 138 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 15 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 3 days and had lovely experience. Staff were friendly and helpful and service was great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: May 2012
3  Thank Zayn_angelica

Reviewed 23 June 2012

I stayed at the Windsor Arms Hotel for 8 days on my recent business trip. I felt like I was arriving home as the doorman greeted me by name. This small hotel is big on character with outstanding personal service. The many small touches keep me coming back including the fresh treats from the pastry chef can be found daily along with national and international newspapers in the butler's pantry, the fully stocked express machine, the easy login WiFi internet connection, the very comfortable bed and well appointed spa-like bathroom.

My room on the second floor was surprisingly quiet yet in the middle of city's high-end shopping district and just a short walk to my office there. I look forward to my next business trip.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Ron D
Reviewed 16 June 2012

After visiting several Toronto venues (including the ROM, AGO and Royal Conservatory), my fiancee and I decided that the Windsor Arms was absolutely the best location in the city for a chic and elegant wedding. The Hotel Courtyard is simply stunning -- the room is airy and gorgeous and gives off a warm, intimate feeling (in a space that can accomodate up to 200 people). Renovations are currently underway that will only enhance the art deco beauty of this space. The hotel's location is ideal, and the staff are beyond friendly. Christina Xavier, the Special Events coordinator, was an absolute pleasure to deal with. She kindly answered all my questions, met with us (and family members) on several occasions, and provided a very straightforward breakdown of the costs involved. Had we decided to hold our wedding in Toronto, I have no doubt that the Windsor Arms would have provided a wonderful experience. Ultimately, we chose to be married in New York City, but given my numerous visits to the hotel and my dealings with Ms. Xavier, I can unequivocally recommend the Windsor Arms as a fabulous venue for a beautiful Toronto wedding.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank canada0612
Reviewed 7 June 2012

Service was smooth as silk. Staff was helpful and unflappable. Food was exquisite.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Tantomile_11
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Excellent service from parking valet to breakfast service. The quietest hotel room ever.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Judith C
Reviewed 25 May 2012

I stayed at the Windsor Arms for a business trip recently and would highly recommend this hotel. Given the purpose of the trip, my suite was the perfect spot get some work done, in a relaxing, tastefully decorated atmosphere. Lots of thoughtful touches in the room, including an espresso maker and a butler pantry.

The size of the hotel means that service is personal. Staff are friendly, professional and knowledgeable. Service was excellent.

The overall 'vibe' is of a private club. Lots of discreet nooks and crannies, quiet atmosphere, but the decor gives a gentle nod to modern touches so that overall, it is elegant but comfortable.

Location was perfect. It is a quiet small street, but you are within blocks of yorkville and bloor street is right there. I arrived at my meeting in less than 5 minutes - prepared, well rested and relaxed.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
6  Thank Nigel155016
Reviewed 25 May 2012

The Windsor Arms Hotel is the love-child of New world sophistication and old world coziness. I have never felt so comfortable when staying anywhere but my own home. The staff treated us like family, there is daily high tea - but not the stuffy dry affair one would expect. Everything is overly ingratiating, in relaxed environment that redefines professionalism. It seems every guest is treated like royalty, and the guests often are. Nothing is overlooked from the flowers in the entrance to the exquisite bedding (I am a stickler for sheets) in the guest’s chambers. The main restaurant is beyond words - producing the finest steak in the city - possibly the Country. Shockingly, the room service is equally as good! No detail is overlooked. This is an establishment that truly understands and redefines the hospitality industry. I am in Toronto at least 5 times / year and have stayed at all the "other" hotels. Let me assure you - nothing holds a candle to the Windsor Arms. My small slice of heaven -and Kudos to the staff... as with any establishment it is the people behind the scenes who ultimately ensure success. I only wish there was a Windsor Arms in every city. I would rather pick up salt with my eye-lashes than stay anywhere else.

I would also like to say that I have never felt inclined to do a review of any sort, until now.

Room Tip: Travelling is hard enough - just show up and let the people at the Windsor Arms do the rest.