“Beautiful Hotel”

Ranked #40 of 132 Hotels in Toronto
Canada
“Beautiful Hotel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed overnight for a getaway in this charming hotel. We were upgraded to their Corner Suite which was beautifully and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable with a luxury bathroom and a large jacuzzi tub.
The room service food was delicious. The staff - butler, front desk, housekeeping, front door - was gracious and seemed devoted to our comfort.
I highly recommend this unique boutique hotel.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Toronto, Ontario
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2009

My sister and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at the Windsor arms. We had the full tea, which included your choice of 6 flavours of loose leaf tea (and you can try many flavours over the course of your tea experience) and the usual afternoon tea fare. Each guest receives: one plain scone (still warm in the centre), one raison scone; finger sandwiches, including two smoked salmon with salmon cavier, two chive & cucumber cream cheese with asparagus, two lemon chicken with chived tomatoes; petite fours of various selection, ours included chocolate truffle (decadent), mocha cream & chocolate merangue layer cake (ehhh), pistachio cake (ick) and a mini blueberry muffin (odd). The tea finishes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

The tea rooms are lovely - the first a traditional warm toned room in creams and white, and the second a striking room with black-purple paint and an over scaled crystal chandelier.

At $38 per person for a Saturday tea (over $100 for two by the time you leave) it is the priciest in the city, but also considered the best.

A must for tea and pastry lovers alike!
Enjoy!

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with friends
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2009

I live in Manhattan and I travel to Toronto just about every month, I always insist on staying at the Windsor Arms. Although I've been in love with the hotel for years and years, I have forced myself to stay at some of these others, The Four Seasons, the new Hazelton, I've stayed at just about every 'top' hotel in the city and simply, none of them compare. First of all, the staff at the Windsor Arms are absolutely wonderful, I genuinely look forward to arriving and greeting Slavy or Damien at the door, checking in with Kevin, and being served by Dey at brunch and Anthony at dinner. Which brings me to my next point of praise - the food. It is absolutely fantastic. As a vegetarian with quite specific dining requests, I really appreciate just how accommodating the kitchen is, they never fail to satisfy my most bizarre meal requests, sometime even at the most ridiculous hours of the evening. I really do consider the hotel to be a home-away-from-home; it is truly a place, where after just one or two days, everyone does know your name and is eager to welcome you back. Although the hotel embodies a sense of timeless class, I love how it always seems to be changing and expanding. Recently, they just redecorated the tea room (where they serve the most amazing tea, and the most delicious scones, a stay would not be complete without indulging in them) and built the new steakhouse which is decorated with the most interesting works of art, a detail much appreciated by an avid art collector like myself. Overall, the place is wonderful. My one complaint -- they're always packed during the film festival, forcing me to book far, far far too far in advance to reserve a room. However, after trying almost every other hotel, and after so many pleasant stays at the Windsor Arms, I could not fathom staying anywhere anymore; the Windsor Arms truly is my Canadian home.

• Liked — The staff.
  • Disliked — The occupancy during film festival week.
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled on business
Toronto
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 August 2008

While I wouldn't go back for dinner. This is a lovely small hotel to stay in. The rooms are new and huge (one bedroom suite). Good location off of Bloor and the afternoon tea in the lounge is great! Very old fashioned and good service too!

• Stayed November 2006
NYC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 July 2008

NEVER AGAIN will I stay at this over-rated hotel.
The room prices are atrocious for a so-called 5-star hotel.
Greeting at the door was nice. Front desk amicable.
Very ghostly feeling with no punch to this hotel.
The setting dull, old. Looks like they have let the Arms go.
When my wife and I went into the steak restaurant we were greeted with an abrupt 'we are not open'. Not an inviting atmosphere.
Staff were hospitable but felt as if they were not entirely FOR the hotel.

I would never ever go back.
Again the room prices do NOT justify the stay.

Stayed June 2008
7 Thank Artravels_8
new york city
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2008

I enjoy trying different hotels in my travels. As I visit Toronto frequently, it is easy for me to try different properties, especially since Toronto has gotten a few new hotels in the past year or two.

Well, all I can say that trying different properties is not something I plan on doing again. There is absolutely nothing that compares to the Windsor Arms. It's a true boutique hotel with an amazing location, service and facilities. The Spa is incredible, the Bar is fun and the new restaurant, steak house, is the best. The Hotel suites are fab, spacious and sophisticated. None of this cheap and trendy stuff here.

Had a great time, staff knows my preferances and chatting with an A list movie star that tells me he always stays here just rounded out a great experience.

• Liked — large and spacious suites with the latest of technology. great restaurants, bar and spa
  • Disliked — not much in views--low building
  • Stayed June 2008, travelled on business
Irvine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 February 2008

When I walked into the front desk I was immediately checked in and my luggage taken to my room. I had a meal in their new steakhouse and was amazed with its ambiance and great food. It felt a lot like a restaurant in Tribeca in New York or a restaurant in Fashion Island in SoCal. The room was comfortable and room service was attentive. The drinks were potent and the staff at night was quite attentive. Most of all my MOm was with me and when she needed help it was immediate. I enjoy this place and I feel as though I never left my place California other than the snow.

• Liked — Internet
  • Disliked — View out of my room
  • Stayed February 2008, travelled with family