“What a treat!”
Review of Windsor Arms Hotel

Windsor Arms Hotel
Ranked #46 of 136 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 30 March 2010

My stay at the Windsor Arms was perfect from beginning to end. I can't remember every one, but I can mention by name a few of the friendly and excellent staff who made my stay a treat: Melinda, Slavy, Neil, Damon, Edgar. And the gentleman who made me American iced tea each morning in Prime. Oh, and the bartender who walked my big snifter of Bailey's across the lobby so I wouldn't have to. Thank you. Thank you.
The location is excellent for business and the valet parking (with in & out privileges) is ideal. The internet service works perfectly--I had everything I needed for a successful business trip.
On another note, there were touches that made me feel spoiled to be away on business: wonderful jetted tub that filled very quickly, different turndown amenities each night, Molton Brown products, a comfortable sitting area and a cozy bed. And a butler's closet.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business

Reviewed 25 March 2010

My husband and I recently stayed at the Windsor Arms Hotel on our visit to Toronto. This is truly a beautiful boutique hotel. We were welcomed into our room on arrival with soft music playing and strawberries dipped in chocolate. Each day we came back to our room to find a food treat waiting to greet us. The staff are extremely friendly and cannot do enough to assist and accommodate your every need. The hotel is located in a lovely area of Toronto and is in good walking distance to all areas around the city. Continental breakfast was provided with the room and though this really just meant danishes there is a fantastic breakfast menu which is well priced and very substantial. The foyer bar is very relaxing and warm and welcoming. Overall the hotel is very classy and definately one of Torontos best, we would definately stay again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 March 2010

A great gem in Yorkville! I am a Toronto native that moved away a couple years ago and am constantly looking for a great place to stay when I return. I am glad to say that I have found the comfort and great service that most Toronto hotels lack (along with a good price tag to match). I switched rooms a few times because the hotel was quite full and with each room I was very satisfied. They are all comfortable with large beds, seperate shower with large jacuzzi tubs, free internet, lots of tv channels and butlers who are truely helpful to tend to you during your stay. I also loved that they were willing to open the gym and pool 24/7 because I can be quite a night owl. Room service was always tasty too!
Definitly give it a try next time you're thinking of the Four Seasons or Hyatt!

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 29 December 2009

Stayed here for a night. As a SLH member, they upgraded our room to a suite upon arrival. Gave us early check-in as well. Front desk, valet and butler service reps. were all very friendly and efficient. Areas for improvement at this hotel are:
room service; food not the greateast we have had at fine hotels although the steak from Prime Restaurant was good. Pool area needed cleaning and servicing. No towels and the sauna floors were dirty and stained.
Overall: the indoor pool is better the Four Seasons Toronto and the hotel is small and cozy. Would not stay here once the Ritz Carlton or the Shangri-La Hotel opens next year. This hotel along with a few others are going to need some serious face lifting if they want to compete with newer first class Toronto hotels that are coming onto the market in the near future.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 24 May 2009

We stayed overnight for a getaway in this charming hotel. We were upgraded to their Corner Suite which was beautifully and tastefully decorated. Very comfortable with a luxury bathroom and a large jacuzzi tub.
The room service food was delicious. The staff - butler, front desk, housekeeping, front door - was gracious and seemed devoted to our comfort.
I highly recommend this unique boutique hotel.

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 February 2009

My sister and I enjoyed a lovely afternoon tea at the Windsor arms. We had the full tea, which included your choice of 6 flavours of loose leaf tea (and you can try many flavours over the course of your tea experience) and the usual afternoon tea fare. Each guest receives: one plain scone (still warm in the centre), one raison scone; finger sandwiches, including two smoked salmon with salmon cavier, two chive & cucumber cream cheese with asparagus, two lemon chicken with chived tomatoes; petite fours of various selection, ours included chocolate truffle (decadent), mocha cream & chocolate merangue layer cake (ehhh), pistachio cake (ick) and a mini blueberry muffin (odd). The tea finishes with fresh strawberries and whipped cream.

The tea rooms are lovely - the first a traditional warm toned room in creams and white, and the second a striking room with black-purple paint and an over scaled crystal chandelier.

At $38 per person for a Saturday tea (over $100 for two by the time you leave) it is the priciest in the city, but also considered the best.

A must for tea and pastry lovers alike!
Enjoy!

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 5 February 2009

I live in Manhattan and I travel to Toronto just about every month, I always insist on staying at the Windsor Arms. Although I've been in love with the hotel for years and years, I have forced myself to stay at some of these others, The Four Seasons, the new Hazelton, I've stayed at just about every 'top' hotel in the city and simply, none of them compare. First of all, the staff at the Windsor Arms are absolutely wonderful, I genuinely look forward to arriving and greeting Slavy or Damien at the door, checking in with Kevin, and being served by Dey at brunch and Anthony at dinner. Which brings me to my next point of praise - the food. It is absolutely fantastic. As a vegetarian with quite specific dining requests, I really appreciate just how accommodating the kitchen is, they never fail to satisfy my most bizarre meal requests, sometime even at the most ridiculous hours of the evening. I really do consider the hotel to be a home-away-from-home; it is truly a place, where after just one or two days, everyone does know your name and is eager to welcome you back. Although the hotel embodies a sense of timeless class, I love how it always seems to be changing and expanding. Recently, they just redecorated the tea room (where they serve the most amazing tea, and the most delicious scones, a stay would not be complete without indulging in them) and built the new steakhouse which is decorated with the most interesting works of art, a detail much appreciated by an avid art collector like myself. Overall, the place is wonderful. My one complaint -- they're always packed during the film festival, forcing me to book far, far far too far in advance to reserve a room. However, after trying almost every other hotel, and after so many pleasant stays at the Windsor Arms, I could not fathom staying anywhere anymore; the Windsor Arms truly is my Canadian home.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)