The Westin Prince Toronto
The Omni King Edward Hotel(Toronto)
US$248
US$973
US$787
Travelocity
1,013 results
All reviewsyork millstennis courtswestin bedsdon valley parkwaynice hoteloutdoor poolbusiness hotelbeautiful lobbybusiness tripcorner roombreakfast buffetself parkingfront desk staffdowntown coretim hortonshotel restaurantking bed
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 September 2011

I was amazed by the location. There were problems with rooms. but, all together it was a great stay. We really enjoyed it. I would recommend this.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 14 September 2011

Stayed here frequently for business. Despite the renovations, the place still feels a bit dreary overall. Food is ok. Best choice in the area.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
Reviewed 10 September 2011

I had stayed in this hotel 5 years ago and it was one of my worst hotel stays ever, however, when I heard that they had renovated the hotel, I thought I'd try it again as I love the Westin brand.

Big mistake.

The renovations were cursory at best. They updated the lobby and reskinned the rooms, but that's it. You don't have to look very closely to see where they cut corners.

My issues:
Big flat screen TV in my room - no HD service which means really crappy picture quality.
The slowest internet access available - and this is a business hotel. The bandwidth was so poor that I couldn't have a web chat with my kid while I was away from home. You lose all points with me by restricting bandwidth. (for the techies - .50 MB download, .30 MB upload all for the low, low price of $10/day)
Work area - definitely not a desk and chair designed to be sat in to work on a computer for any length of time.
Bathroom - shower curtain was too long so I stepped on it when getting into the shower. Good thing there was a hand rail as it was also a slippery tub and they don't provide a rubber mat. This is a real dangerous design flaw.
Hypocrites - they have little cards all over the place about choosing to be green, but all the light bulbs in the room were incandescent and not CFL.
Gym - really, really, really small for a hotel of this size. 4 treadmills, 2 ellipticals a couple of bikes, a stepper and then some weight stuff. I went down to use an elliptical and a old woman and her husband were 10 minutes into their 1 hour routine. How about hanging a sign up recommending a time limit while others are waiting?
Room type - I reserved a king bed weeks earlier and got a room with 2 fulls. Not the end of the world, but I'm an SPG Gold member.

Now, the front desk staff was very pleasant and the beds were fabulous (as they're supposed to be), but I will not be back. Been burned twice...

Room Tip: Go somewhere else
  • Stayed: September 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank MattNY
Reviewed 8 September 2011

While the Westin Prince was a nice hotel, it didn't really live up to the Westin's I have previously experienced. The lobby area was nice, but the rooms are very outdated and the building needs to be upgraded. Check in was speedy, although I was not happy when they put us right next to the elevator on a low floor, when I had specifically said this was our first time in Toronoto. We were further disappointed to learn that we had to pay for internet. In this day and age internet should be a room requirement, much like towels and housekeeping. Anyway, we did enjoy room service, as the food was delicious and service very friendly. Be warned that the breakdown on your bill is very complex and hard to understand! Another drawback is the fact that they make you pay for parking. It's ridiculous, as you are basically in the suburbs and twenty miles from downtown Toronto. We checked out the so-so pool area and found the jacuzzi to be one of the coolest ever encountered. The sauna was at least hot. We probably won't be staying at the Westin Prince on our next trip to Toronto, but if you're looking for a decent hotel in the heart of suburbia, check it out.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 August 2011

Staff were consistently helpful and pleasant
Room clean and basic
Property pleasing green with walking distance services
Lobby bar enjoyable