“Comfortable stay, great for business travel”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Vancouver, Canada
“Comfortable stay, great for business travel”
Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is a very comfortable and well equipped Westin. I've only stayed for business. Reception and lobby are very nicely renovated, rooms are slightly dated - but comfortable, clean, and quiet. It's a great place to stay if you're doing business in the area. There's a fully stocked taxi rank outside and decent strip of restaurants across the road if you're up for something other room service (Five Guys, a thai/vietnamese place, Tim Hortons) - all within walk distance. Staff are very friendly. And the breakfast buffet is wonderful - great fresh fruits, healthy options etc.
Pros: Clean, comfortable, quiet, very friendly staff
Cons: Slightly dated

Room Tip: Request rooms that do not have room - connectors (noisy).
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Ash M,
We hope you didn't work too hard while staying with us and had some time to unwind and relax. We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the service you received and also that our morning breakfast buffet provided a great start to your day. We will be sure to pass along your thoughts to the team. We wish you all the best for the upcoming holiday season and when returning please feel free to connect with me should you require any assistance.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (201)
  • Korean first
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 29 November 2013

overall is poor
the heating in my room didn't work and the fan was noisy, when I told this to the front desk manager she offered me some points but was very unsympathetic.
the locations is also not that great, I stayed there because I thought I would be getting the westin quality

1 Thank allan r
Allan R,
We are sorry you did not enjoy your most recent stay. All room issues should be corrected prior to any guest arriving and I'm sorry these items were missed, creating an unfavourable impression. We hope you are able to provide us another opportunity when staying in this area and I would like to personally offer my assistance so as to aid in providing a more positive experience. Happy Holidays.
Calgary
Reviewed 29 November 2013

I stay in hotels 200+ days per year and I cant think of any other hotels that I've stayed in that charge you extra for the privilege of having only one bed in your room -but this one does. So, its your choice - pay a regular rate for 2 double beds in your room or pay $30+. more per night for the privilege of having only one bed. I may be unique, but as a a frequent business traveler, it drives me crazy when I encounter this. I expect a queen sized bed in my room as a minimum, but Not two - I travel alone -I mean really... how many business travelers are a required to share a room with their co-workers. On the plus side, Westin got something right.... they realized that business travelers expect a decent fitness facility. I have actually checked out of a hotel after one night because the fitness facility was substandard, The fitness centre at the prince is decent to good, but nit outstanding. I stay here two or three times per year due to its proximity to our offices.

RobbCalgary,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable insight. We are sorry for any confusion on the room rate you paid and can assure you that we don't have different rates based on bed type. We have different room categories and this may have been the issue however either way I would personally like to extend my service to you for any future booking so you receive the proper rate and room type. We wish you all the best over the upcoming holiday break and all the best for 2014.
Astoria, New York
Reviewed 26 November 2013

First off this hotel had the same exterior set up as The Delta Toronto East Hotel. They have a parking lot you park yourself, and you tell the concierge so they can charge you for it (better off not saying anything). I ended up parking there for free for the night, but really I think parking should be free in general without me worrying if my car will get towed. The lobby is beautiful and very clean. I kind of had lower expectations from the other reviews I read, but my hotel room was nice! The front desk bumped me up to a King Size bed after I joined their rewards program (which is free)! The room was clean and spacious and the bed was super comfy! I also had a nice view of the city. The bathroom had decent toiletries and they had a good quality Conair hair dryer with the nozzle (thats important to me). My only gripe was that the shower was small, as the other reviewers noted. I'm only 5'2 and I had to maneuver myself around to not have water constantly spraying the top of my head while I tried to soap up. All in all, I enjoyed my stay and I would stay here again. P.S. - This was a 4 star hotel on the Priceline Express deal.

Room Tip: Join their Starwoods reward program to get an upgrade of room.
Judychausanders,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such a detailed review. As a first time guest your thoughts provide us a new perspective and this is invaluable. We are delighted that you found the room to be comfortable and clean. Also you indicate the value was good and this is always an area we strive to deliver. Thank you for enrolling in our SPG Loyalty program and we hope you continue to use our hotel and many of the great Starwood properties worldwide. Happy Holidays and all the best in 2014.
Southampton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Generally comfortable and well managed hotel. Food is reasonable quality. The hotel is definitely designed for the business market, the bar and restaurant are a little bit impersonal. Found that there is an issue with the heating, the rooms are just too hot!

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Sail1960,
Thank you for taking a few moments to inform us of your most recent stay. We are happy you found the property to be comfortable and well managed however we also can notice that we have some areas of opportunity for your next visit. We hope we do see you staying again and if ever needing any assistance please feel free to connect with me personally. All the best to you for the upcoming holidays and 2014.
North Bay, Canada
Reviewed 20 November 2013

A great place to stay with everything you would require. Impeccably clean, excellent attention to detail, very polite staff and an overall pleasant atmosphere. We have stayed here several times and we've never had any issues. Minor issues of our own doing - were dealt with immediately and without question. We have booked through hotwire for an excellent deal. You just can't go wrong with this place. The location of this place is quite a distance from downtown, but an eleven minute bus ride to the subway station plus a 13 - 15 minutes subway ride gets you to the Eaton's Center - the center of the city. It beats paying $30-$40 for parking at a downtown hotel. Purchase a TTC Daypass for $10.00 and two adults can travel all day as often as you want. (Saturday and Sunday and Holidays only) You'll really enjoy your stay.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
enangit,
"Exceptional property" is a very positive endorsement we thank you for this. The team is committed to providing each guest with a memorable experience and it's refreshing to hear guest’s testaments to this. We are happy you also found the hotel to be close to all that you needed while in the city. We hope this was one of many stays you will have with us and if ever needing any assistance please feel free to connect with me directly. Happy Holidays.
Edmonton, Alberta
Reviewed 14 November 2013 via mobile

I've stayed here a few times while on business. If you don't need to be downtown, this an excellent location, convenient to the DVP and the 401. Rooms and beds are very comfortable and clean, if slightly dated. Very good dining on site, both at Seasons and at the Katsura Japanese restaurant attached. Conference rooms are clean and comfortable. As a SPG member, I always get a room on a higher floor, which I like.
My one beef is the lack of covered parking - only outdoor surface parking, at a cost of something like $15 a night.
This is a good to very good hotel. You won't be amazed, but you also won't be disappointed. Expectations met, which is always a good thing. Very good value.

Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Goodchip,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay and in particular your reference to "reliable". Our aim is to provide upon expectations our guests have and in your case it's refreshing to see we are achieving this. We are thrilled that you continue to see the value in our product and service and we look forward to your next visit. Happy Holidays and if ever needing assistance please feel free to connect with me directly.