1,097 results
All reviewsyork millswestin bedstennis courtsdon valley parkwayoutdoor poolnice hotelbusiness hotelbeautiful lobbybusiness tripcorner roomfront desk staffself parkingtim hortonsan upgradeking beddowntownkatsuya
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I stayed here on many occasions over the past several years, on business in the Duncan Mills area. It is a bit of a ride to or from the airport...about 65 dollars by taxi. Several restaurants within walking distance, or a nice Chinese restaurant next to the hotel. Rooms are very spacious and comfortable. Service was excellent.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Reagan10,
We are delighted to read that you enjoyed the hotel, dining outlets and service provided by our associates. This is very refreshing to read and we will be sure to share your comments with the team. Whether on business or on leisure, we hope we have the privilege of having you stay with us again in 2014.

Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have stayed at a lot of hotels around the world and the Westin Prince remains one of my very favorite. I always try to stay there when visiting Toronto. I stayed there during a recent ice storm in Toronto when the hotel lost power and the staff could not have been friendlier or more accommodating, especially the front desk and the valet. Checking in was friendly and easy, as was checking out. My room was very comfortable and what more can I say about the Westin mattresses except I always get a right night's sleep, something I can't say about a lot of hotels. Upon checking out the valet warmed up my car and went out of his way to make sure all of the ice was off the windows before letting me leave the driveway. The staff is friendly, but not solicitous. They make you feel like family, not just another customer. I look forward to another visit in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room on a high floor with a view over the city. Check out the health club. You feel like you're in a park, not a big city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank buffalotraveller2

buffalotraveller2,
We love it that you love our hotel. What an inspiring title to your very detailed review. We thank you for this and for taking the time to inform the team of our experience. All associates and managers are committed to providing that "home away from home" feel and we are thrilled you experienced this first hand. We truly hope you had some time to rest and relax over the past holiday season and we hope to see you staying again in 2014. Should I be able to be of any assistance please connect with me directly.

Reviewed 15 December 2013

Stayed at the Prince on business for 13 weeks within the last year. It felt like a second home, because the really friendly staff (who seem to love their jobs) go out of their way to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Whether it be with small things, like hunting down your favourite bread in one of the reception halls, or more difficult tasks, like squeezing you in when the hotel is completely booked, they are great at seizing any opportunity to make you a little happier. On my second visit, Arthur at the front desk greeted me by name when I walked in the door, which I found impressive considering how many guests he must have dealt with since my previous visit.
The food is very good and the ambiance in the restaurant/lounge is cozy, so you feel comfortable dining alone. The breakfast buffet has a lot to offer and the hot items vary every day. It’s nice that they leave a whole pot of coffee on your table too. My only regret was that I didn’t try the breakfast buffet until my last week, because I would have for sure eaten there a lot (they don't promote it much). I heard from more than one person that the Japanese restaurant, Katsura, is top notch. It seems to be popular with the locals too. Okay, so that’s another regret, not trying Katsura.
Walking to work in the mornings I enjoyed the company of the Canada geese, which wonder the hotel property and the properties of nearby businesses (except in the coldest months). Lots of geese in Don Mills! Who knew? Sometimes you see traffic come to a standstill as they cross busy streets single file. So adorable! Carol, a super-friendly manager (equally super is Clara) says you sometimes see dear out back on the sprawling 15-acre hotel property.
Due to the non-conventional shape of the building, there are twelve corner rooms per floor (in the tower) and each one has a large corner window offering views in two directions.
My favourite rooms are the King or Two Double-Bed rooms (they seem more spacious). The windows open wider in the rooms that are not in the tower (2nd, 3rd and 4th floors), so if you like fresh air while sleeping, you might prefer one of those rooms. If you like to pack light, you can borrow an entire New Balance exercise outfit from the hotel (including running shoes) for only $5.25 for your entire stay… and you get to keep the socks! They lend out scales too, for free.
Thank you Arthur (and the other smiling handsome gentleman you work with), Clara, Carol, Sham, the sweet waitress who works nights in the restaurant/lounge and many more, for making my stays at the Prince pleasant and memorable! I’ll miss you guys!

Room Tip: Windows open wider in the rooms that are not in the tower (the lower rooms). The elevators in the tower are very quiet. The mechanism of the elevator in the very back of the building (not in the tower), can be a little loud if you're right next to it and you're a light sleeper.
Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business

SueQueMtl,
We thank you for your review and also for your loyalty. 13 weeks at any hotel would be considered a long time and we are happy that you chose to stay with us. Our goal is to ensure each guest interaction is memorable and not transactional. In many references within your review it would seem we succeeded and we will be sure to share this with our associates. We hope you enjoyed some much deserved time off over the holiday season and we look forward to more stays this coming year. The entire Westin Prince Team wishes you a prosperous 2014!

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We only stayed the one night but the bedding was clean and fresh, the lobby modern and attractive. The rooms had walpaper that was looking a bit old and odd that they would have wall paper in the bathroom as it is peeling. The sink, toilet and tub we all clean and the room was very clean, again strange that they would have carpeting in the room but it didn't look too warn. For a cheaper price I would stay again.

Room Tip: Higher floors give you better view of the city.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple

decemberbride07,
Thank you for taking a few moments to provide your thoughts on your most recent stay. We are happy to read that your accommodations were clean. Cleanliness is one of our top priorities. We are sorry that some aspects of the room were not in good standing and will be sure to have this addressed immediately. We hope you are able to stay with us again and if needing any assistance please feel free to connect with me directly.

Reviewed 9 December 2013

Arrived late but was very well accommodated reservation was ready and was in my room in 10 minutes. Very comfy bed clean great shower what more can you ask for. A little expensive but worth it to get the comfort.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

Anne M,
We are delighted that you enjoyed your most recent stay with us. We are also happy the team was able to expedite your arrival experience and get you to your room in a short time frame due to your late arrival. We hope we can you staying with us again in the future and should you ever require any assistance please feel free to contact me directly.
Happy Holidays.