“Nice, clean hotel”

The Westin Prince Toronto
Ranked #57 of 137 Hotels in Toronto
Reviewed 16 February 2014

This is a really nice hotel! Everything seemed really clean and the restaurant has a really good, reasonably priced continental buffet. The workout room is a little small, but adequate. We had a room on the 15th floor, which is supposedly the preferred floor. Our room was right outside the elevator, which was actually no big deal since there are double doors. However, I felt the room was pretty small for a "preferred" room and floor. Other than that, everything was fine and the staff was friendly and helpful. Be aware though, it is kind of far from things, including downtown- and if you are taking a cab, be prepared to pay A LOT.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2014

annarb1Cleveland,
Thank you for sharing your thoughts on your recent stay. We are pleased to read that you enjoyed the accommodations and in particular the cleanliness. Our team strives to ensure the property is clean at all times and we are inspired your witnessed this first hand. We will be informing the team of your comments so they may see what a positive impact they are making. When returning, please connect with me so I may assist with your next room assignment.

There are newer reviews for The Westin Prince Toronto

Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

I was pleasantly surprised at this hotels accommodations... Most suburban hotels don't receive these updates; lobby is top notch, almost W level! Rooms we well appointed but felt like they could use some TCL updates or modernization... Overall I was very happy and my room was very clean!
One of the best valet teams on the planet! Had my car warmed up very morning and brushed off the snow too!!
I will be back here if I am in the area... Thanks Westin Prince!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 11 February 2014

FEOHIO,
We will surely accept "pleasantly surprised". We are delighted you enjoyed the property and the location. We are also inspired that you found our Valet team to be efficient and personable. Some of the team members you highlight have been with the hotel for 40 years and we are lucky to have them still with us. We look forward to your next stay and if I can be of any personal assistance please feel free to connect with me directly.

Reviewed 29 January 2014

I stay at the Westin Prince everytime I am in Toronto. The rooms, restaurant and services they provide are always exceptional. My office is just up the road so it is very convenient as well. They also have a great Japanese restaurant attached!

Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business

Tony M,
Consistency is the key to success and we are delighted you’ve found the product and services to be delivered in this manner. We are happy that the location meets your needs and that you continue to find the team engaging. We look forward to many more stays with us and if I can be of any assistance please feel free to connect with me.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

I've stayed at the Westin Prince many times over the past 10 years and it never lets me down. The staff are attentive without being intrusive, always good cover at reception for check-in and check-out and the concierge / doorman is always helpful and close by. Westin beds are always good and this hotel is no exception. Rooms are well appointed and wi-fi works everywhere in the building too. In some rooms the central aircon / heating can be a bit noticable when it kicks in, but easy to turn down or off if you think it is too noisy. The hotel is located a few miles north-east of Downtown toronto so not a good place to stay if you want to be based in the city center, but very accessible to the 401 expressway and super convenient for the York Mills & Don Mills areas of the city. Another plus is that you can walk out of the hotel and across the street to a range of shops and places to eat if you want to get out of the hotel without having to drive.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have a great view across the city.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 29 January 2014

KBahn,
Thank you for taking the time to inform us of your recent stay. Also thank you for your years of continued loyalty. We are delighted that the team has been able to provide an experience that meets your expectations and we look forward to many more. If I can be of any personal assistance in the future, please connect with me prior to your arrival.

Reviewed 27 January 2014

When I was looking for a hotel in Toronto I was shocked to see a Westin hotel for the same price as a Hilton Garden Inn. Unfortunately by the time I checked out the price had gone up considerably. I was told parking was free but was charged $12 (could have paid $4 for same spot in parking lot)! Not a big deal but annoying. Worst part was the person who checked us in said breakfast was free but in the morning nobody seemed to know what we were talking about. So we ended up paying for breakfast which was quite good but we felt bad because we almost walked out without paying! The hotel looks old on outside but it is nice inside. Kids were annoyed to find out that pool and hot tub were outside! Also would like to have the option of two queens instead of tiny double beds.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 28 January 2014

wallyk2334,
Thank you for taking the time to provide such valuable insight. We apologize for any confusion regarding your reservation particulars. Room rates do not include breakfast, unless booked as a package, and all guest parking is $12 per night ($18 if using Valet). We are sorry the kids did not get to experience our pool facilities and hope you provide us another opportunity in the summer. With warm summer weather the pool area does provide a refreshing and relaxing day here on property. If I can be of future assistance please feel free to connect with me directly.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here and would recommend it if you don't plan to hang out in downtown Toronto much. The drive gets to be a bit much on a daily basis, but there are several dining options in the area. The hotel grounds, room and staff were great. No complaints. I do wish we could have opened the balcony door.

• Stayed: September 2013
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2014

Sunbaby1,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know of your recent stay. We are delighted that you enjoyed the property and service provided by the team. For security purposes the majority of our sliding patio doors are locked however when returning please connect with me so I can assist in finding one which is not.

Reviewed 15 January 2014

I stay at the Prince Hotel often for business and always have a very positive experience.

I recently commented to a family member when I mentioned my upcoming trip to Toronto that the Prince Hotel feels like home so I never mind my overnights in Toronto.

The staff are always helpful and polite; the room is comfortable and clean; the restaurant is top notch and the hotel has all the amenities you could ask for.

The Prince goes above and beyond to make you feel at home.

Room Tip: ask for a corner room on one of the higher floors (in main tower) - nice view of downtown Toronto or...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Kevin M, Manager at The Westin Prince Toronto, responded to this reviewResponded 20 January 2014

summerfun0,
The team strives to provide each guest with a "home away from home" feeling and it's refreshing to read you experienced this first hand. They have been informed of your sentiments and we look forward to your next visit. If I can be of any personal assistance, please call upon me prior to arrival.